Hotel in Barcelona, Spain?

frankc2

Crown Plaza, Fira area.

Nice location near the archaeological museum, the fountains and HOHO stops. A bit away from the hustle and bustle but easy to access. No idea re car suitability, you would have to look it up. We used easy taxi journeys from airport and to the port.

If you book a suite room breakfast and concierge lounge are included. The concierge lounge is open all day serving coffee, sodas and alcoholic beverages. 

The One Hotel is wonderful.  Every detail is covered to make you feel welcome.  When I asked the concierge if there were an ATM nearby, he sent a bellman to walk with me a couple blocks so that I wouldn’t get lost.  

They have a beautiful spa and the rooftop pool and restaurant, “Mood,” are lovely as well.

https://www.hotelstheone.com/en?utm_source=Google My Business&utm_medium=Boton sitio web&utm_campaign=HTO

Their five star rating is certainly deserved.

Winner in the "Best Urban Hotel in Spain" category in Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List.

Edited by Suzanne123

3 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We are booked into Casa Camper for our cruise next month. You need to book this well in advance as they now have no availability for 4 weeks from now. It is just off La Rambla. 

Have not stayed before but the reviews are great.

I also booked Casa Camper for my 3 night stay in July 2020. The reviews are great and the price for 3 nights was $602.37 for a Junior Suite the best room they have 1/2 the price of the Crown Plaza. We did not have to pre-pay for this rate.

8 hours ago, George C said:

We loved universal Barcelona there a couple of large suites on floor 9 with balcony, cool bar and pool on top which is one floor up great view of the city from top floor, great location.

Just want to echo the comments of "George C" regarding this hotel.  We have stayed twice at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, with a third visit scheduled for this upcoming November.  The first time we were in an oversized room on the "triangle" which was an incredibly large room.  The second time we were in one of what they term a  "Jacuzzi suite."  As referenced above they are located on the 9th floor with a gigantic private terrace for each room.  These suites have a large bedroom with large bath, a sitting area, a dining area and another small bathroom (think "powder room").  For our upcoming stay we are again booked in a jacuzzi suite.

The hotel itself is in a great location with easy access to the Barcelona subway system.  The rates we have booked included a wonderful breakfast buffet with both hot and cold items.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Just want to echo the comments of "George C" regarding this hotel.  We have stayed twice at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, with a third visit scheduled for this upcoming November.  The first time we were in an oversized room on the "triangle" which was an incredibly large room.  The second time we were in one of what they term a  "Jacuzzi suite."  As referenced above they are located on the 9th floor with a gigantic private terrace for each room.  These suites have a large bedroom with large bath, a sitting area, a dining area and another small bathroom (think "powder room").  For our upcoming stay we are again booked in a jacuzzi suite.

The hotel itself is in a great location with easy access to the Barcelona subway system.  The rates we have booked included a wonderful breakfast buffet with both hot and cold items.  

Breakfast buffet included sparkling wine 😁😁

Another vote for the Hotel Jazz. Very close to the Ramblas.  We have stayed there three times. It’s our go to Hotel in Barcelona. We have recommended it to many friends.  Years ago we decided on the Jazz after combing through many pages of the Port Boards.  We trust CC recommendations over other review sites!!

We stayed at Hotel Gaudi off the Ramblas. We had a big balcony overlooking the colorful Palau Guell rooftop and the price was excellent! I might prefer the neighborhood by the Jazz Hotel, though, as the block where our hotel was felt a bit rough late at night.

Edited by royalcruz

20 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We are booked into Casa Camper for our cruise next month. You need to book this well in advance as they now have no availability for 4 weeks from now. It is just off La Rambla. 

Have not stayed before but the reviews are great.

17 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I also booked Casa Camper for my 3 night stay in July 2020. The reviews are great and the price for 3 nights was $602.37 for a Junior Suite the best room they have 1/2 the price of the Crown Plaza. We did not have to pre-pay for this rate.

Another vote for Casa Camper.  We stayed there in June of this year and loved it.  Convenient location, free full breakfast (not just continental), free beverages and snacks throughout the day.  I don't remember free beer and wine but I could of just missed it.  There's an honesty bar on the top floor and a nice rooftop terrace as well.  They also provide you with a complimentary portable wi-fi hotspot to carry around which really came in handy for us.  Keep in mind the street is accessible by car, but only taxis or cars with specific transport permits to my knowledge.  Lots of pictures in my review here:

Edited by cricketgirl

57 minutes ago, SteveGT3 said:

We stayed 2-3 years ago, and there was beer & wine available in the area where you order breakfast and where much of the food was laid out. Perhaps that has changed.

I read about the hotel on this board from someone who was doing a live review and stayed there before the cruise. He mentioned that the drinks were all non alcoholic but that there was an honesty bar for other drinks (at a cost).

11 minutes ago, cricketgirl said:

Another vote for Casa Camper.  We stayed there in June of this year and loved it.  Convenient location, free full breakfast (not just continental), free beverages and snacks throughout the day.  I don't remember free beer and wine but I could of just missed it.  There's an honesty bar on the top floor and a nice rooftop terrace as well.  They also provide you with a complimentary portable wi-fi hotspot to carry around which really came in handy for us.  Keep in mind the street is accessible by car, but only taxis or cars with specific transport permits to my knowledge.  Lots of pictures in my review here:

Wow what a great review! Makes me what to book the Edge!! Do you remember if the HOP on Hop Off bus pickup location was close to the Casa Camper?

9 minutes ago, cricketgirl said:

Another vote for Casa Camper.  We stayed there in June of this year and loved it.  Convenient location, free full breakfast (not just continental), free beverages and snacks throughout the day.  I don't remember free beer and wine but I could of just missed it.  There's an honesty bar on the top floor and a nice rooftop terrace as well.  They also provide you with a complimentary portable wi-fi hotspot to carry around which really came in handy for us.  Lots of pictures in my review here:

Thanks

We stayed in the Barcelo Raval that you visited a number of years ago and it was very good. The only problem was that some of the streets coming back from Ramblas to the hotel were a bit rough.

Someone in a group tried to life my phone there from my pocket. I felt it and pushed him against a wall with m y arm while one of our group gave out a piercing whistle. All his pals disappeared as people came out of all the shops etc to se what was going on. He disappeared minus my phone. The same thing happened outside the hotel the next morning but I knew what they were trying.