2021 Opened Up!

jsglow

7 hours ago, jsglow said:

Just got word from my PVP that 2021 has just opened up.  Details to follow.  Post what you find out!

Not for Alaska.

JH has said a few times that their full 2021 schedule will be out later in October.

Edited by Sean_B

53 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Still hoping Vista or Breeze will come to NY. 🙏

I'm sincerely thinking not.  Carnival has in recent years used the 'east coast rover'.  That was Sunshine, then Sunrise, and then Radiance.  Obviously 2021 is an open question still.

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Still hoping Vista or Breeze will come to NY. 🙏

22 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I'm sincerely thinking not.  Carnival has in recent years used the 'east coast rover'.  That was Sunshine, then Sunrise, and then Radiance.  Obviously 2021 is an open question still.

The horizon had a successfully season last year until it accidentally crashed into the pier. I do not not see why the Vista class ships can not come back to new york again. The dream class ships might have a problem since i remember the carnival dream had an issue docking due to the lifeboats or something like that 10 years ago or so.

Just now, shof515 said:

The horizon had a successfully season last year until it accidentally crashed into the pier. I do not not see why the Vista class ships can not come back to new york again. The dream class ships might have a problem since i remember the carnival dream had an issue docking due to the lifeboats or something like that 10 years ago or so.

But I do not think the pier accident enticed Carnival to remove the Horizon from New York. It was already set to reposition to Miami. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Hopefully with these upgrades(For Pier 90) set to conclude in 2021, Carnival will put a Dream class here or the Vista.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20144-new-york-cruise-gearing-up-capital-projects.html

2 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Hopefully with these upgrades(For Pier 90) set to conclude in 2021, Carnival will put a Dream class here or the Vista.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20144-new-york-cruise-gearing-up-capital-projects.html

“When we do that we can accommodate larger ships like the Carnival Horizon and Norwegian Bliss, and future ships like Carnival’s XL class,” added Michael DeMeo, vice president, NY Cruise.

Clue number two that Mardi Gras' sister might come to New York! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

unfortunately that clue seems to be sunk since this press release came out:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21600-carnival-to-expand-terminal-f-at-portmiami-to-accommodate-2022-newbuild.html

Everyone is very excited about Miami being home to our next liquefied natural gas (LNG) ship in North America and the sister ship to Mardi Gras, which arrives next August

Will be interesting to see what carnival does in 2021 in new york

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

That's true. Maybe the renovations are to handle Mardi Gras in September of 2021 when she does Canada and New England sailings form New York. But I am keeping my hopes up for a Dream/Vista class to reposition to New York in summer of 2021.

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

“When we do that we can accommodate larger ships like the Carnival Horizon and Norwegian Bliss, and future ships like Carnival’s XL class,” added Michael DeMeo, vice president, NY Cruise.

At the Diamond special event on Breeze a few months ago the staff there said the second XL ship was going to Miami. 

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

At the Diamond special event on Breeze a few months ago the staff there said the second XL ship was going to Miami. 

This makes sense, as RCI, NCL, MSC and VV will be sending their flagships debuting in 2021 and 2022 to Miami. Who knows, we might get Breeze?

6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Remember though that the Mardi Gras and her sister are LNG fueled.  The pier would have to have LNG fueling capabilities before Carnival would position a ship there.

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

Remember though that the Mardi Gras and her sister are LNG fueled.  The pier would have to have LNG fueling capabilities before Carnival would position a ship there.

Carnival has two Mardi Gras sailings out of NYC so the logistics of refueling the ship seems already done.

When the Marid Gras does arrive in Port Canaveral, she will be bunking the LNG from a barge very similar to how they bunker existing fuel on all ships