Internet Reliability on Explorer in the Arctic/Greenland

GPS

I need to be able to connect with work and buy flights for upcoming trips during the time I'm on the Explorer.  How reliable is the internet for doing these tasks?  I don't need to stream but I would need a steady connection. 

1 minute ago, GPS said:

I need to be able to connect with work and buy flights for upcoming trips during the time I'm on the Explorer.  How reliable is the internet for doing these tasks?  I don't need to stream but I would need a steady connection. 

I have some friends who were on the Cloud in the Arctic this summer.  They told me there were 4-5 straight days with NO Internet. I was really disappointed to hear that....we previously sailed to Antarctica on the Cloud and had Internet almost the entire time. I am going to the Arctic next summer (not on Silversea) and am worried about this....I also need to be in touch for business. 

We have been multiple times,  and Internet connection is an issue.  I am a physician in a solo practice with a nurse practitioner as backup.  My husband is an attorney.  We both need consistent reliable access.  The longest we have been totally without is 4 days.  Very stressful.  Most of the time you can get on for at least a few hours per day. 

• Like 1

Very poor satellite connectivity above 70 degrees.

If the ship happens to be in a sweet spot in terms of sky view there may be some connectivity around 70

Above that mostly none with no other practical or  cost effective alternatives.

Well, we are now in day 9 of our 15 day cruise and this is the first time I've had enough bandwidth to get on this site, only after we hit Nunavut.  Thanks for the responses!  It was not great but we managed with very spotty slow service for emails and whatsapp.