Chefs Table on Oasis of the Seas

Thinking of doing the Chefs Table on Oasis of the Seas. Does any one have any experience with it on this ship? Wondering where it is held and what your opinions/thoughts are. We have enjoyed it on Carnival and Princess. They were both held in an intimate private room with a small group. Wouldn't want to do it if it is just held in the MDR. Thanks

19 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

It is held in an area that separates the suite lounge and Coastal kitchen. We have done it twice on Oasis and had a great time.

Is it better to wait and book it on the ship to possibly get a better price? Was the area you described pretty private and quiet?

2 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Is it better to wait and book it on the ship to possibly get a better price? Was the area you described pretty private and quiet?

I would not say it's private because you have CK on one side and the Suite Lounge on the other.  However, it's quieter than doing it on one of the staircase landings in the MDR or in Windjammer.

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

It's not private but it wasn't noisy. I think most of the noise came from the actual Chefs Table. We have taken our chances every time and not booked ahead because I try to get a better price on the ship. I have never paid more than $50pp. I think if you want a specific night or might be disappointed if it's booked you might want to reserve ahead.  The first time we did it on Oasis it was only us and another couple but the second time the table was full.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

The first time we did it on Oasis it was only us and another couple but the second time the table was full.

I've had it cancelled due to lack of interest. 

We've also had it at deep discount, while passengers next to you paid full price.

Awkward

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've had it cancelled due to lack of interest. 

We've also had it at deep discount, while passengers next to you paid full price.

Awkward

That's what happened to us too.  The first time we had it reserved for the first night and when we got there we were the only ones so it was cancelled. They let us choose any place else to eat at no cost. We rescheduled for another night and it was just us and another couple. After a little too much wine the other couple said they were sitting in the suite lounge and asked if they wanted to try Chefs Table and they said they couldn't refuse a price of $25. I said I thought we got a good price at $50 and at that point the manager matched their price for us. Well worth it!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

My favorite place for a Chef's Table is on the Radiance sisters.  Very private (think of an executive board room)....and only quiet until everyone gets some wine into them.  😉 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

My favorite place for a Chef's Table is on the Radiance sisters.  Very private (think of an executive board room)....and only quiet until everyone gets some wine into them.  😉 

Sounds perfect. The two that we have done were both in private rooms and were quite intimate. If I am ever on a Radiance class ship I will definitely reserve.

Uh oh.  I just paid the $85/pp to try it on Jewel on my Greek cruise - leaving in about a week!  I thought trying the Chef's Table would be a nice surprise for the foodie son who agreed to take this trip with me (this is my bucket list/retirement trip).  Hope it's worth it LOL.  Any tips for someone trying the Chef'sTable for the 1st time?

4 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Uh oh.  I just paid the $85/pp to try it on Jewel on my Greek cruise - leaving in about a week!  I thought trying the Chef's Table would be a nice surprise for the foodie son who agreed to take this trip with me (this is my bucket list/retirement trip).  Hope it's worth it LOL.  Any tips for someone trying the Chef'sTable for the 1st time?

Cancel and book onboard at a discount.

45 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Isn't Jewel one of the Radiance class ships? According to one of the previous posters those ships did the Chefs Table very well. The ones we have attended were quite wonderful with food prepared and presented elegantly. I would imagine your son would enjoy it. If you are definitely wanting to do it then I would keep your reservations as I think $85 is reasonable for a 5 course meal paired with wine. But you could also take a chance and wait to see if it is offered on board at a lower price. Either way it is a special experience that you should do once.