Has anyone attempted to use an old coffee card recently?

judyjudy56

8 hours ago, purpledew said:

Hello, I'm cruising on Nov 16th.  will like to have your card.

Thank You,

The coffee package is electronic and attached to your account.  If you are here with me then I am allowed to get a specialty coffee or tea drink for you.  I have 15 included in my package.

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I thought the cards were not transferrable.  Has the generosity of Princess to offer a sort of compromise spawned a new way to cheat the line?  I thought the people who justified cheating and stealing by pointing to the coffee cards issue would have been happy, but no, they only want to figure out another way to cheat Princess.  Keep an eye on eBay as those cards are going to start showing up again...  Don't forget to smile at them as you pass by their empty poolside lounger with their unread book 'reserving the spot'...

Why do people always assume that someone is trying to cheat Princess?  I have 15 specialty coffee/tea drinks available to me and have only used 2 so far and I’m on day 3 of my 7 day cruise.  I will be sharing with the next person in line near me.... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Why do people always assume that someone is trying to cheat Princess?  I have 15 specialty coffee/tea drinks available to me and have only used 2 so far and I’m on day 3 of my 7 day cruise.  I will be sharing with the next person in line near me.... 

I wasn't referring to you.  I was making reference to purpledew soliciting a nontransferable coffee card.  I can just imagine a cottage industry of people selling the 'nontransferable' cards again.  Certainly, what you do with the coffee you get onboard is all above board.  Giving away a nontransferable card isn't.  You never offered to do that.  Sorry if you thought I was referring to you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I wasn't referring to you.  I was making reference to purpledew soliciting a nontransferable coffee card.  I can just imagine a cottage industry of people selling the 'nontransferable' cards again.  Certainly, what you do with the coffee you get onboard is all above board.  Giving away a nontransferable card isn't.  You never offered to do that.  Sorry if you thought I was referring to you.

Thank you.  Just a thought... maybe mention that the cards are non-transferable without talking about people like they are horrible people.  We know nothing about the people on the boards and sometimes people say mean things.... I’m not talking about you, just in general.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, judee142 said:

Just got off the Regal on Saturday.  If you go to Guest Services, they will gladly credit you for the number of unused punches on your old coffee card.  They take your card, write something on the back, ask for your room number and that’s that.  You have the credit on your medallion.  Never saw a charge for any coffee purchase the rest of the cruise.  Didn’t expect them to do it but happy they did.

Just want to add that I loved the cruise.  Food, entertainment, staff all great.  

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be swimming on a sea of coffee next cruise. 

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

On a slightly different but related topic, can the New Grounds Coffee package be purchased on any day of a cruise or must it be purchased either before the cruise or on embarkation day?

Thank you.

You sure can but the coffees are gone at the end of your voyage no matter when you purchase it. They only carry over from a B2B trip even if booked as individual. 

On 10/15/2019 at 7:57 PM, RRFan said:

I’ve given away about 30 cards this year knowing they were going to expire. I always trade our mini bar for 2 coffee cards and Hubs doesn’t drink coffee so I never use all of the cards (yes I know they are electronic now).  I read a post from another thread that said they read where Princess was discontinuing allowing the trade of mini bar for coffee cards. I’ve been on 8 princess cruises this year and have not run into that. Has anyone heard or read that?  Leaving on the Caribbean Princess on the 23rd and planning to trade it out again so just wondering. Thanks!  

They no longer trade for a 'card' as it's going electronic. I still trade the mini bar for the coffee 'program' attached to my card or medallion 

• Like 1

just off princess cruise

.i had a half used ,undated  ,payed for in my own Cash coffee card from 2011

after a little tooing and frowing from the main desk,we agreed if i purchased a full card

i would get a 50% credit in my account for my previous paid for -unredeemed coffees.win -win

the front desk showed more common sense than the coffee nazis here who said otherwise here ..!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, challis said:

just off princess cruise

.i had a half used ,undated  ,payed for in my own Cash coffee card from 2011

after a little tooing and frowing from the main desk,we agreed if i purchased a full card

i would get a 50% credit in my account for my previous paid for -unredeemed coffees.win -win

the front desk showed more common sense than the coffee nazis here who said otherwise here ..!!!

You didn't mention which ship.