Luggage from ship to ship

Notonboard

That may be the case in Fort Lauderdale.  We had a similar situation in Southampton last month.  Talked to the Passenger Service Desk about transport of people and luggage to another Princess ship docked a couple of miles away.  Even though there were 3 couples we were told that they could not help us at all.  We ended getting a couple of taxis.  Not a big deal.

If the Regal is returning to a different terminal than it left from there will be a free shuttle to the parking area closest to the original terminal.  Given that the Regal currently gets priority at terminal 2 and, I presume, that honor will go to the brand new Sky it may work out for you.  If the Regal is returning to the same terminal it departed from a shuttle will be less likely.  As others have said, check at passenger services.  Worst comes to worst, take a taxi. 

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If the Regal is returning to a different terminal than it left from there will be a free shuttle to the parking area closest to the original terminal.  Given that the Regal currently gets priority at terminal 2 and, I presume, that honor will go to the brand new Sky it may work out for you.  If the Regal is returning to the same terminal it departed from a shuttle will be less likely.  As others have said, check at passenger services.  Worst comes to worst, take a taxi. 

Sky coming in from a TA. Yeah it will probably be at #2.

I think there will just be too much stuff going on in the port that day.

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

Coming in from a TA.

So no original terminal!

OP - ask at the passenger services desk and good luck!  Good luck disembarking on schedule too.  TAs are subject to various government inspections that can delay disembarkation and there can be longer waits (at least in our experience) getting a cab since almost everyone getting off the ship needs independent transportation.

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

So no original terminal!

OP - ask at the passenger services desk and good luck!  Good luck disembarking on schedule too.  TAs are subject to various government inspections that can delay disembarkation and there can be longer waits (at least in our experience) getting a cab since almost everyone getting off the ship needs independent transportation.

Like I said throw the Inaugural into that mix and a recipe for a mess.

57 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have not heard of this.

I would rather be in control of them and take them myself.

Especially with all the stuff going on that day with the Sky Inaugural festivities.

Just sayin............

I agree with that comment. If you take your luggage and check it in for the second cruise, you can be fairly sure it will get on board. Otherwise, Murphy's Law might operate.

• Like 1

We have done this 3 times.  The first time we had a shuttle to the other ship - we were the only ones on it.  The second time the ships were at adjoining piers so no help.  The third time (last March) we were originally told no, but there were 21 passengers doing the change and shuttle was provided.  For this time, I think the reason for the change of mind was the ship returned to a different pier and all those returning to the parking lot were given a shuttle and the 21 of us were about last off the ship and were then shuttled after everyone else

If you need to take a taxi it is $8 within the port area

3 hours ago, Waynetor said:

We have done this 3 times.  The first time we had a shuttle to the other ship - we were the only ones on it.  The second time the ships were at adjoining piers so no help.  The third time (last March) we were originally told no, but there were 21 passengers doing the change and shuttle was provided.  For this time, I think the reason for the change of mind was the ship returned to a different pier and all those returning to the parking lot were given a shuttle and the 21 of us were about last off the ship and were then shuttled after everyone else

If you need to take a taxi it is $8 within the port area

Luggage?  🤔