Avoiding reflections while shooting through windows

pierces

I had a rubber lens hood on my day to day zoom and had always wondered about the use of that for plane windows etc.  It could form a bit of a light seal, but also provide vibration absorbance.

The one advertized seems to do these things. It is a lot wider and more bendy to allow changing angle of view. Could be very useful if taking lots of photos through windows, or in planes. But, It also looks big.

After I found the correct size hard lens hood, I got rid of the rubber boot.  It was a bit too big for my liking.  More importantly, as I wear my camera in a sling, it would rub against my leg and unscrew.  I had to retrace my steps several times to find where it had fallen off.

13 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I had a rubber lens hood on my day to day zoom and had always wondered about the use of that for plane windows etc.  It could form a bit of a light seal, but also provide vibration absorbance.

The one advertized seems to do these things. It is a lot wider and more bendy to allow changing angle of view. Could be very useful if taking lots of photos through windows, or in planes. But, It also looks big.

After I found the correct size hard lens hood, I got rid of the rubber boot.  It was a bit too big for my liking.  More importantly, as I wear my camera in a sling, it would rub against my leg and unscrew.  I had to retrace my steps several times to find where it had fallen off.

I went on a bus tour this summer and purchased a couple of these including the left hand one in the original post.  It was large.  Also, it blocked the view out the window to see what was upcoming.  It would be more useful if you were in a building and had more time to set up the shot than on a moving bus.