Celebrity Press Release (9/20/19) New Ad Campaign: 'Wonder Awaits"

Andy

12 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I have seen the commercial and call it Alice in Cruise Ship Wonderland. That isn't what I usually look for in a cruise. Perhaps it will appeal to a much younger generation than my generation.  I wonder if Edge is attracting a much younger generation of passengers in significant numbers as compared to Solstice Class ships, for example. Just curious.

Honestly isn't that the point?  Celebrity needs to attract the next generation of cruisers to survive as a business when we are no longer able to cruise.  It is clear (to me anyway) that Edge class was designed to do this.  If more mature cruisers like me don't like Edge then I will sail S- or M-Class or another line.  But in fact I sailed Edge and liked her very much.  So the ad is a fanciful visual of a young attractive lady enjoying the wonders of Edge with a cool 60's song (IMO) for us older folks.  Again it is just an ad.  But we are all talking about it so a very successful ad.  Don Draper from Mad Men would be proud!

"Alice" takes the pill to make her smaller, it works and she gets smaller  --- I always come back larger.  I don't really want to get smaller like Alice - but it would be really cool to come back lighter, but of course I still want to eat as much as I want to   😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, CRUZBUDS said:

"Alice" takes the pill to make her smaller, it works and she gets smaller  --- I always come back larger.  I don't really want to get smaller like Alice - but it would be really cool to come back lighter, but of course I still want to eat as much as I want to   😀

Let's all choose a song we think would be great for the NEXT ad campaign.

I would have used "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum.  A decent alcohol influenced song about a drunken relationship gone awry.

The Album Cover has a nice nautical Caribbean based theme along with our favorite sailor, HERO.

Fits in with the EDEN theme... 

22 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

I thought the same thing...but I think the moral to the story is that cruising takes you to another plane, just like the drugs did to Alice...still, I don't think it was the right thing to do...jmo

But the song is NOT about that Alice. So there's that...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

She’s not THAT Alice?  Which Alice is she?  You think there was more than ONE Alice?  What are you smoking? 😎

Alice in Wonderland  1865

White Rabbit 1967

Go Ask Alice 1971

Do the math.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big_G said:

White Rabbit 1967

Go Ask Alice 1971

Do the math.

Sorry what math?  5803?  Do you even know the song.  If not, read post 19 which shows the lyrics, which are 100% about THAT Alice.  Again, what math? The song came after the story, not before.

11 minutes ago, Big_G said:

White Rabbit 1967

Go Ask Alice 1971

Do the math.

Just for my info, are you saying “White Rabbit” is not about Alice or are you referencing Go Ask Alice?  At least I’ll know if my overreacting button was pushed for no reason 😐

4 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Just for my info, are you saying “White Rabbit” is not about Alice or are you referencing Go Ask Alice?  At least I’ll know if my overreacting button was pushed for no reason 😐

White Rabbit is not about Go Ask Alice.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Big_G said:

White Rabbit is not about Go Ask Alice.

"Go Ask Alice" was a book (1971) and movie (1973) about drug addiction.

White Rabbit was a Grace Slick & Jefferson Airplane song (1967) - and lyrics were very much from the Alice in Wonderland story.

Because the song lyrics include the phrase "Go ask Alice" and it was used as a title for the book and movie it is a point of confusion I think.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

"Go Ask Alice" was a book (1971) and movie (1973) about drug addiction.

White Rabbit was a Grace Slick & Jefferson Airplane song (1967) - and lyrics were very much from the Alice in Wonderland story.

Because the song lyrics include the phrase "Go ask Alice" and it was used as a title for the book and movie it is a point of confusion I think.

Last I saw of Grace Slick she was arrested for public drunkenness.  Maybe next ad they could go for the hinterland folks, play Merle's Okie From Muskogee..

Edited by mugtech
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1