Celebrity Press Release (9/20/19) New Ad Campaign: 'Wonder Awaits"

Andy

I don’t watch commercials as we record everything except for live sports events and then during the commercial I will switch to another sporting event.

Sorry but TV commercials don’t influence any purchase.  

Sad that cable TV started out as commercial free and now besides paying for that service we are subjected to more commercials 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have 2 booked cruises on X. Probably our last. In our 40s and X no longer provides us with value for our vacation time / money. The ads are ... well... stupid. In no way do they encourage us to book. Then again, we haven’t done acid - maybe that’s now the prerequisite. 
After reaching Elite a few years ago, we just haven’t enjoyed our cruises. Too much selling and nickel / dime-ing. If it works for you, or you enjoy your acid trips, have fun. For us, land vacations are in our future. Better food, service, and experience. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I never sailed a cruise with Celebrity or if I had never cruised at all that commercial wouldn't compel me to. The commercial is a lot about nothing. Well at least they stopped the Modern Luxury campaign. Celebrity has become everything but luxury unless you book a suite.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, killsport said:

I have 2 booked cruises on X. Probably our last. In our 40s and X no longer provides us with value for our vacation time / money. The ads are ... well... stupid. In no way do they encourage us to book. Then again, we haven’t done acid - maybe that’s now the prerequisite. 
After reaching Elite a few years ago, we just haven’t enjoyed our cruises. Too much selling and nickel / dime-ing. If it works for you, or you enjoy your acid trips, have fun. For us, land vacations are in our future. Better food, service, and experience. 

We both quite like the commercial, but I have to agree with the land trip comment. Most of our cruise plans lately and future have been dropped for land trips. Much better value and more control. By the time you add in tips, drink upgrades, now perk upgrades, there’s no value. 

44 minutes ago, killsport said:

Yes ,now you have to hallucinate back to a past Celebrity experience to see any value for your money. Unfortunately when Captain Kate wakes you up you realize the new reality is the bad trip.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought that the commerical was both weird and strange.  Of course it showcases Eden on the Edge or one of the new ships.  I thought that Eden on the Edge was both weird and strange.  I never did figure out what that dark area on the Edge was supposed to be for either.

Ha ha.  It looks like X has a new target cruiser.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I think X and Taco Bell are marketing to the same demographic.

I’m confused. Does Taco Bell now have formal nights or is Taco Bell replacing Sushi Omni Five.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

Regarding Eden.  There were some incredibly talented singers and acrobats in Eden.  However the cheesy, strange, and weird show/skits reminded me of Taco Bell.  If they could put together a coherent show that would be the toast of the town.  They have the talent,  now combine it in a good show.

My very 1st concert was at the Filmore East in 1968 and the JA of course played that song, so I smiled at the new ad while wondering why X chose it.  I did enjoy the previous no borders ad.

Alas, Capt. Kate has left the Equinox, so there is no way she can wake me up when I cruise that ship later this month.  Sigh.   

😄😜😲

Edited by evandbob

No commercial has ever influenced me to make a purchase; but...we consider some of them quite entertaining.  Have you notice that a lot of commercials, for whatever product or service, are using some of the old tunes?  Some have really taken the time to make a great commercial, [great marketing department]  others, are just plain stupid.  Celebrity has done a good job with it's latest ad.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 12:31 PM, mom says said:

Very trippy ad. Always loved that song.  Boy would I be disappointed to see this and then board a non Edge class ship if I'd never sailed X before, since the whole ad seems to centre around Eden.

Eden is in itself weird strange and just weird.  What is that dark room on the Edge in the commercial.  That is a weird room.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 9/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, hcat said:

Just saw it on TV...

Not sure who they are trying to attract?  Very retro hippie druggie which fits in well  with the college  dorm style decor and college cafe feel of EDEN.

Wonder if this is this the same ad and entertainment company that did the EDEN and Edenist stuff, plus the initial wierd  role playing stuff in the Club... mostly all gone.  

We liked EDGE and the bright airy  EDEN space but  have no interest in the show itself or incense. We are hoping when we return in a few weeks , things will have evolved into a more grown up sophisticated experience.

As of Sept 9 cruise Eden was still weird role playing skits.  

Seems like they are trying to hard be too cool...maybe they are targeting affluent people who wish they were more popular.

IMHO dumb ad campaign. I simply want great value with premium food, amenities, and atmosphere along with a unique itinerary.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mdpa said:

Seems like they are trying to hard be too cool...maybe they are targeting affluent people who wish they were more popular.

IMHO dumb ad campaign. I simply want great value with premium food, amenities, and atmosphere along with a unique itinerary.

Same here.

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I’m confused. Does Taco Bell now have formal nights or is Taco Bell replacing Sushi Omni Five.

Taco Bell is doing their own 123GO! promo with bottomless drink refills, free gratuities, and complementary Wi-Fi.  They also have anytime dining, and free window upgrades with combo packages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We DVR most things so we can skip the ridiculous amount of commercials. Now a days they turn a 30 min show into an hour, and 50% of it is commercials. We saw the new commercial once, and it is Alice in wonderland trippin! It’s Not marketing to our demographic, I’m not sure what the demographic is targeting?

• Like 1