Anyone know when does RC announce their cruises for summer 2021?

Tikka234

7 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Had a great 3 day taster from Southampton on Independence of the seas, was wondering when 

Cruises for 2021 come out would like to know which ship it any will be sailing from Southampton

Thanks

most likely Dec or a little later.  I know I booked a few of my cruises in Dec 2018 for summer/fall of 2020, so hopefully some will come out by then.  Seems like the longer ones - 7 day or more - Caribbean were available to book in Dec, but the short cruises not until the early part of the year.  

4 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Had a great 3 day taster from Southampton on Independence of the seas, was wondering when 

Cruises for 2021 come out would like to know which ship it any will be sailing from Southampton

Thanks

I was told by a TA contact that Allure is coming to Southampton in 2021

Edited by grapau27

Just now, little britain said:

Having seen how totally impractical Oasis is in a torrential downpour last week.... this certainly is not the class of ship for our English weather!

Interesting to see how she can handle NY's weather...hopefully, this is just for the summer of 2020 season, so we can get our Anthem back!

34 minutes ago, little britain said:

Having seen how totally impractical Oasis is in a torrential downpour last week.... this certainly is not the class of ship for our English weather!

Yes that was my thinking too.

P&O use Ventura which is ideal with her retractable roof.

Edited by grapau27

39 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

There’s a gap in the Athens port bookings for odyssey in the summer months of 2021. That would make more sense out of Southampton than an oasis class. 

Southampton to Athens and back won't fit in with their 14n schedule!  I think Odyssey will be based out of Rome.

We want ships with retractable roofs then Radiance class is a perfect fit for those Baltic itineraries?

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Southampton to Athens and back won't fit in with their 14n schedule!  I think Odyssey will be based out of Rome.

We want ships with retractable roofs then Radiance class is a perfect fit for those Baltic itineraries?

The gap I mentioned is around 3 months. Loads of time to have an alternative home port in Europe. 

10 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

That means that Allure could theoretically go to Southampton.

Why would Royal put an Oasis Class, Quantum Class, and a Freedom Class all in Southampton, when Royal moved Independence out of Southampton to accommodate those who want to go to CoCoCay? I guess I am just eager to sail on a Quantum class ship, without needing to pay big bucks.

23 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Why would Royal put an Oasis Class, Quantum Class, and a Freedom Class all in Southampton, when Royal moved Independence out of Southampton to accommodate those who want to go to CoCoCay? I guess I am just eager to sail on a Quantum class ship, without needing to pay big bucks.

I'm suggesting it as a possibility. They won't have all 3 but I think we will be back to 2 ships for 2021. Depending on how Anthem does in 2020, Allure could take her spot.

5 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I'm suggesting it as a possibility. They won't have all 3 but I think we will be back to 2 ships for 2021. Depending on how Anthem does in 2020, Allure could take her spot.

Which means Anthem could come back to Cape Liberty! I just think it's ridiculous the prices they are charging for the Quantum class ships in 2020!

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Which means Anthem could come back to Cape Liberty! I just think it's ridiculous the prices they are charging for the Quantum class ships in 2020!

Precisely, since Adventure is moving to Galveston, it would make sense for Anthem to go back to NJ which means that Southampton would get either Allure or Odyssey.

Just now, CruisingJoe09 said:

Precisely, since Adventure is moving to Galveston, it would make sense for Anthem to go back to NJ which means that Southampton would get either Allure or Odyssey.

Wahoo! If Oasis can handle New York in 2020, then Allure should have no problems handling Southampton in 2021! Although, I think Allure would remain in Barcelona, and Odyssey in Southampton. 

9 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

With all the problems after Brexit and the related staffing and travel problems between the island and the rest of Europe - they might not have any ship in Southampton - too many problems for foreign passengers to get to the island!🤔

Just now, CruisingJoe09 said:

Harmony is going to Barcelona so that frees up Allure.

Allure might go to Galveston, since Liberty is due for dry dock in 2021! Liberty might even go to Southampton! Oasis will probably go to PC, and Anthem will probably come to NY!