Mardi Gras sister ship coming out in 2022 homeport

jimbo5544

1 minute ago, mkcurran said:

Was that her first run out here or the second one? She was filled to the brim on both of my cruises in the last two years.

The first, when she was year round.  Do not confuse full with profitable.  When they are discounting rooms significantly to fill the ship the profit margin can get squeezed a lot.  Not sure when you sailed, but the lean months are winter sailings.  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

The first, when she was year round.  Do not confuse full with profitable.  When they are discounting rooms significantly to fill the ship the profit margin can get squeezed a lot.  Not sure when you sailed, but the lean months are winter sailings.  

Ah, thank you that makes more sense. I'm talking about when Splendor returned. I sailed April the first go-round. Nice weather all around. Early February the second time. Cold coming and going out of LA, but beautiful once near Mexico. 

I think Disney charging $100+ per day per person has changed the vacation market on the West Coast. Why pay that money for a human trap where you are going to pay more for food and drinks when you can hop on a ship for that price and have everything included?

And if they can't sell out the rooms? Well more cheap cruises for me. 🙂 (and the rest of us on the West Coast)

Just now, mkcurran said:

Ah, thank you that makes more sense. I'm talking about when Splendor returned. I sailed April the first go-round. Nice weather all around. Early February the second time. Cold coming and going out of LA, but beautiful once near Mexico. 

I think Disney charging $100+ per day per person has changed the vacation market on the West Coast. Why pay that money for a human trap where you are going to pay more for food and drinks when you can hop on a ship for that price and have everything included?

And if they can't sell out the rooms? Well more cheap cruises for me. 🙂 (and the rest of us on the West Coast)

All true, but that owl man a fairly short tenure and a new homeport.  Let’s hope sales stay strong.

• Like 1