What does O Life drink package include?

coconutmonkey

13 minutes ago, meandbc said:

It only includes beer and wine with lunch and dinner.  For $20 PP you can upgrade to the premium package and get the open bar.  You purchase the upgrade onboard the first day.

Just to be clear: $20 pp per day.  You must do all days from the day you purchase

17 minutes ago, coconutmonkey said:

Thanks for the replies.  If I pick another O Life perk and want to pay for the premium drink package, how much is it per day?  I understand I have to buy for the entire cruise.

Thanks!

Mura got there before me, so you know the price: $60 pp pd  You can start it anytime onboard and pay only for the remaing nights of the cruise. 

Here's a link to the various options you can purchase, including the beverage packages, that you might find useful. Scroll down near the bottom for the drink packages.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

• Like 1

I think the answer is no.  Since we never buy the package I'm not positive, but I believe I'd read here that Oceania is different from other lines that DO require both people to take the liquor package.

8 hours ago, sailco said:

Oceania allow you to take a generous 6 bottles of wine onboard at embarkation. You can also take wine onto the ship at any port you visit.

Not just wine. In practice you can take anything you want on board at any time. 

10 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread but the premium package also allows you to purchase a bottle of wine for 50% off.  I'm not sure if that is true for the regular drink package.

I wasn’t aware of this. Is it on the website? I did know you get a discount on La Reserve. 

If you choose the basic O life drink package which includes wine and beer with lunch and dinner, do you have to eat in the MDR to take advantage of that or can you use it in Terrace Buffet?  Does it include champagne or just wines?

Edited by pna

30 minutes ago, pna said:

If you choose the basic O life drink package which includes wine and beer with lunch and dinner, do you have to eat in the MDR to take advantage of that or can you use it in Terrace Buffet?  Does it include champagne or just wines?

Any Dining venue, &/or Room Service, and there is always a champagne included.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:43 AM, StanandJim said:

Any Dining venue, &/or Room Service, and there is always a champagne included.  

Just clarifying this......if we order room service lunch in our cabin can we ask for beer or wine from the house beverage package to be delivered too? At no charge? Is there a set time for lunch and dinner? I'm a newbie can't you tell 🤣

2 hours ago, sailco said:

if we order room service lunch in our cabin can we ask for beer or wine from the house beverage package to be delivered too? 

Yes, you may.

At no charge?

Also true.

Is there a set time for lunch and dinner?

No, but the beer and wine is served only with those meals.

In other words,  alcohol service may not be stretched out to an all day affair.

Edited by StanandJim

44 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Yes, you may.

Also true.

That’s an interesting point I had not considered. Can one order pretty much anything from room service at any time and have free drinks included? Not that I plan to do this...

40 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

That’s an interesting point I had not considered. Can one order pretty much anything from room service at any time and have free drinks included? Not that I plan to do this...

Room service is 24/7, but the alcohol is only provided with one  designated lunch and dinner each day.

If one forces the issue, they actually time the meals.

We witnessed a similar situation on the Riviera, where a young gentleman gave endlessly sitting in the Terrace a try.  

They grew wise to him swiftly, and when he learned that he would be charged for non mealtime refreshments, he began patronizing other shipboard facilities.  

Edited by StanandJim

Just to add a question here...by upgrading to the premium drink package, does that offer you any other choice of wines by the glass. Someone mentioned you could buy the bottle at 50% off. 

Get the feeling BYO plus corkage is a good option.

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Yes, you may.

Also true.

Thanks for that. Sounds ideal for us. We frequently opt for a simple room service burger and fries when we're tired. Not trying to stretch it out, but can we ask room service to deliver two drinks each?