Anyone Booked Cruise Online

paphoslady

I'm thinking of booking my 1st cruise with Oceania. I've tried several times to book online but been having real problems paying the deposit. It keeps showing an error and saying that the cabin isn't available but shows a different cabin than I'm trying to book, any suggestions? 

Why get an Oceania Cruise Connoisseur agent to book your cruise for you?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/find-agent/

In all probability you'll get free gratuities and/or OBC. And have someone to negotiate for you for upsells if you decide later to get one. There are so many benefits to having an O TA working for you.

Call Monday if you're interested.

You'll LOVE Oceania btw.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 3

I don't think it's your imagination - I think the online booking is very buggy. 

I went to book a particular cruise last Saturday afternoon. Hadn't planned on booking it right that moment, but when I checked availability it showed one guarantee left, and the call center at O had just closed.  When I tried to book online,  I could not get to the last page of the process, the deposit page.  It kept giving me an error, stating my O club number did not match my email (which isn't true).  I ended up messaging my TA, and apologizing... I think he was at a party.  He was kind enough to stop what he was doing to snag it, and completed the transaction on Monday.  If he hadn't have been available I probably would have lost that cruise, because the instant he booked it, it showed waitlisted for everything.

Edited by Kate-AHF

17 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Why get an Oceania Cruise Connoisseur agent to book your cruise for you?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/find-agent/

In all probability you'll get free gratuities and/or OBC. And have someone to negotiate for you for upsells if you decide later to get one. There are so many benefits to having an O TA working for you.

Call Monday if you're interested.

You'll LOVE Oceania btw.

We did that on our first O trip. It worked fine, but did it with our TA the second trip & he found a fair amount of "perks" that were not offered by the O agent. We prefer to use our TA from now on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keithm said:

We did that on our first O trip. It worked fine, but did it with our TA the second trip & he found a fair amount of "perks" that were not offered by the O agent. We prefer to use our TA from now on.

Can anyone tell me....are the agents recommended by O not Connoisseur club agents? I thought they were. If not I gave the OP a real bum steer!

Petoonya....I tried the link you provided as I am also trying to find a Connoisseur Club agent. Going to your link there was an arrow to push for international. There was UK and every country in the world. But not for me. I live in Canada and have been looking for this list and have googled it several times and come up with nothing.  

This link did not direct me to Connoisseur Club agents in Canada either. Does anyone know how to reach this list.  Even the one for US would be helpful.

Thanks

On 9/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, oceansandseas said:

Petoonya....I tried the link you provided as I am also trying to find a Connoisseur Club agent. Going to your link there was an arrow to push for international. There was UK and every country in the world. But not for me. I live in Canada and have been looking for this list and have googled it several times and come up with nothing.  

This link did not direct me to Connoisseur Club agents in Canada either. Does anyone know how to reach this list.  Even the one for US would be helpful.

Thanks

Sorry Ocean and Seas. I know I used to have access to a list but can't find it anywhere! I would start off by calling several agents especially those who specialize in "luxury" cruises (even though O is a premium line). It's really worth it to find an agent who specializes in O to get the best service and perks. Who knows, CCC might have a different name in Canada. I'm so sorry 😞

On 9/23/2019 at 2:56 AM, paphoslady said:

Thanks all for your messages. I finally managing to reserve a cabin on the cruise that we wanted. Not sure why I had problems but fingers crossed all sorted now. I can now look forward to planning what we are going to do at each of the ports.

If you made a booking online in the US you can transfer your booking to an agency who specializes in O for maximum perks- like sharing commission with you, gratuities, lots of extras. You have to transfer pretty quickly after you make your booking however. Don't know if it works the same way in the UK......

6 hours ago, oceansandseas said:

Thanks Petoonya. I do remember seeing the list years ago.  My old travel agent (now retired) was on it.  However I did not bookmark it.  Will find it eventually.

I’m pretty sure Canadians can use US agents. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:08 AM, ORV said:

I’m pretty sure Canadians can use US agents. 

Canadians can use a US agent and Canadian agents can book in CAD or USD but I don't think US agents can book in CAD.

Another way to possibly find a Connoisseur Club agent is to google "compete for a cruise"  Answers there sometimes say whether they are a member of the Connoisseur Club

I believe the  TA's listed on O website  are ones they do business with  but  not necessarily   Cruise Connoisseur Club members

Those CCC are agents that are top sellers with Oceania

Just  my take on it