Disney Cruzin w/ a Runny Nose....or is it!

Scrufsmom

Help, I need some expert advice and not sure how to proceed.  I have a teenager that will be traveling with us in just a couple of days on a Disney cruise.  Their dad, my BIL, told me its only allergies and the kid takes a prescription Rx.  Now the issue is this boy is also Autisic and has no filter.  Since we are leaving in a couple of days I'm panicking that we will be turned away and not allowed to board the ship.  He has no fever, he is not stuffed up but his nose is red and runny.  Should I take him to an urgent care in my area to have a note from the dr as to his traveling?  We did take out the travel insurance thru Disney Cruise.  I'm also fearful of contacting the cruise line for fear they will flag my account before getting there.  Can anyone offer me insight please.  HELP

I suppose getting a note from the urgent care saying whatever is going on isn't contagious couldn't hurt.  The concerns about letting someone sick on a cruise ship revolve around having an illness that is contagious and can spread to everyone else quickly on a ship or having something that cannot be effectively treated should it worsen on a cruise ship.  A lot of people have allergies and colds while on vacation.  But if it's possible it is something that would require treatment, I would get that started now.  We went on a cruise with my parents a few years ago and my father ended up in sick bay with pneumonia.  Not only was the cost of the medical care $1100, he was miserable for several days of the cruise.