Excursions

MNmomof4

Excursions through PG are opening up in a few weeks for out cruise.  I keep researching and I think I get more confused.

If we want to do wave runners, should we do it in Bora Bora or Moorea?

Would you recommend pure snorkeling or Raanui in Bora Bora?   On our second day we will be doing Patrick's through PG.

In Moorea we are thinking of ding Aito Off Road Safari or atv both through PG since we have OBC to use up.   Is there much difference between the tours other than the mode of transportation?

Thanks for all your insight!  I thought I had it all figured out then I saw something online and wondering if I should do something else instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend pure snorkeling in bora to everyone. The boats and guides are exceptional and you’re able to snorkel at less populated locations with shallow corals. We’ve gone twice and each time we visited different locations including a long snorkel in shallow coral, a spot with colorful fish and eels, manta rays at the cleaning station, and spotted eagle rays in deeper water. the post-snorkel ride around the lagoon in the speedboat is so fun.

12 hours ago, happydolphin said:

I recommend pure snorkeling in bora to everyone. The boats and guides are exceptional and you’re able to snorkel at less populated locations with shallow corals. We’ve gone twice and each time we visited different locations including a long snorkel in shallow coral, a spot with colorful fish and eels, manta rays at the cleaning station, and spotted eagle rays in deeper water. the post-snorkel ride around the lagoon in the speedboat is so fun.

Thank you!  We are currently booked with Pure snorkeling.  

• Like 1

Today was "excursion booking day" for the PG 12/7 sailing & I'm glad I set my alarm for 4am to do it.  We've booked PG's Lagoon Excursion & Polynesian feast on Day 1 on Bora Bora, and then PG's ATV tour on Moorea!  We've also booked Marc's Motu Picnic on Huahine & Pure Snorkeling on Day 2 on Bora Bora.  We still have a couple of days on Moorea pre-cruise to figure out, but I'm honestly looking forward to just hanging around & relaxing at the IC Moorea.  Either way - the countdown clock is really ticking now!!!

• Like 1

Nice selection! Exciting! If you want to go off-resort in Moorea, it’s nice to rent a car from Avis or Alfred’s and just drive around the island. James Samuela in Haapiti-Varari is an excellent tattoo artist if you or anyone is looking for ink. Belvedere is beautiful to get an overview of the bays and the Rotui juice factory & distillery is nice to visit without a large tour group.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:34 PM, huladoula1 said:

Today was "excursion booking day" for the PG 12/7 sailing & I'm glad I set my alarm for 4am to do it.  We've booked PG's Lagoon Excursion & Polynesian feast on Day 1 on Bora Bora, and then PG's ATV tour on Moorea!  We've also booked Marc's Motu Picnic on Huahine & Pure Snorkeling on Day 2 on Bora Bora.  We still have a couple of days on Moorea pre-cruise to figure out, but I'm honestly looking forward to just hanging around & relaxing at the IC Moorea.  Either way - the countdown clock is really ticking now!!!

You can go to the marina at the ICH Moorea and for $16 each they will take you out to a great snorkeling spot about a 5-10 minute boat ride away, between 2 motus, one with "restrooms". You just need to tell them how long you want to stay and they'll come back and pick you up. This spot is a popular stop for many of the tour operators, you get it for a fraction of the cost of an excursion.

Edited by MrRandal

20 hours ago, MrRandal said:

You can go to the marina at the ICH Moorea and for $16 each they will take you out to a great snorkeling spot about a 5-10 minute boat ride away, between 2 motus, one with "restrooms". You just need to tell them how long you want to stay and they'll come back and pick you up. This spot is a popular stop for many of the tour operators, you get it for a fraction of the cost of an excursion.

And you have to hope that the ICH employees aren't on strike when you arrive, as they were when we were there in September. And it wasn't the first time for them this year. Our excursion at ICH was cancelled, and finding another excursion at the last minute isn't easy.

If you decide to rent a car, it will be much better if you can drive a standard. An automatic is rare in French Polynesia, and you won't know what's available until you tender ashore and meet with the car rental rep.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:33 PM, MrRandal said:

Do you have a day pass at the hotel or staying at the hotel to do this? 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:34 PM, huladoula1 said:

Are those all through PG? 

On 10/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Right next door there to the OC Moorea is the Coco Beach transfer. They take you out to the motus. Les Tipaniers which is close to the IC also runs transfers out to the motus.

Sorry but what is the OC Moorea?   Is there a web site that I can email about the Coco Beach transfer to make a reservation or get more info on it.  I tried to google it but couldn't find anything (my computer skills are not real good either sorry)  Can you get a taxi to the Coco beach transfer or do you need to rent a car?  

35 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

Sorry but what is the OC Moorea?   Is there a web site that I can email about the Coco Beach transfer to make a reservation or get more info on it.  I tried to google it but couldn't find anything (my computer skills are not real good either sorry)  Can you get a taxi to the Coco beach transfer or do you need to rent a car?  

Typo   .... 'O' is right next to 'I'

I was referring to the IC Moorea

You probably can get a taxi to the Coco Beach transfer spot. Remember they have transfers at Les Tipaniers also 😉

IMG_3405.JPG

On 10/9/2019 at 2:34 AM, huladoula1 said:

Hi,

What time in US does the excursions become live to book? We are in UK so will need to work out time here to go on and book.

Thank you

Huladoula1's profile says she is in Rhode Island, 4am her time, would have been 1am Pacific time (PG is located in that time zone). My guess would be midnight pacific time which would be 8 hours off for you, so 8am. 

ScotsLady - when do your excursions open?

On 11/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, ScotsLady said:

Hi,

What time in US does the excursions become live to book? We are in UK so will need to work out time here to go on and book.

Thank you

Scotslady, PG just informed me that it opens at 3pm pacific, but this seems to be in conflict with the reports on here... 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, aururab said:

Huladoula1's profile says she is in Rhode Island, 4am her time, would have been 1am Pacific time (PG is located in that time zone). My guess would be midnight pacific time which would be 8 hours off for you, so 8am. 

ScotsLady - when do your excursions open?

We do not go to October 2020 so I worked out 60 days will be in August

On 10/29/2019 at 5:58 PM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Marc's and Pure Snorkeling are private vendors

Hi,

i would like to ask you a question as you seem to know so much about this area.

Our trip is not until October 2020 but have already booked Pure Snorkelling for first morning then will go to the private motu  in afternoon. Second day have looked at booking the trip with Patrick.for the trip and lunch. Is this  the same trip PG offer for Lagoon excursion and Polynesian feast? If so are we better waiting and booking with PG rather than direct with Patrick?

thanks for your help

Irene

We are back on board next October also..on our first trip A few years ago, we booked pure snorkel on the first day and I will not do that again ...we were late getting into bora bora, it took forever to get our passports back after they clear since we were in the cook islands and we missed the excursion that was paid for (pure snorkel said they would refund but never did and I didn’t push it since it is our responsibility)....it wasn’t a big big deal as we relaxed on board and went to the bora bora motu in the afternoon and had a great time ...this motu is very quiet, no bar food crowds etc,  and for us a better time ! Just wanted to tell you our experience..it could happen to you or not and that is why we will book pure Snorkel on the second day in bora bora next year....

7 hours ago, ScotsLady said:

Hi,

i would like to ask you a question as you seem to know so much about this area.

Our trip is not until October 2020 but have already booked Pure Snorkelling for first morning then will go to the private motu  in afternoon. Second day have looked at booking the trip with Patrick.for the trip and lunch. Is this  the same trip PG offer for Lagoon excursion and Polynesian feast? If so are we better waiting and booking with PG rather than direct with Patrick?

thanks for your help

Irene

Irene   ...

Things may have changed but for years you could not book Patrick directly if you were on the PG. Don't need to go into details but let me contact someone who will know the correct answer. For no let your booking stand but I'll post the answer once I know.