Veranda Staterooms, Deck 10 Starboard

Susan the Cruiser

I am trying to find out more about the 13 staterooms on Deck 10 starboard.  Does anyone know if the balconies have an obstructed view?  My husband and I really want to be on Deck 10 because of the easy access to the pools.  It looks like they are below a public area on Deck 11 that is for Suite Guests only?  It also appears they are adjacent to the spa area.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 7.25.17 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Susan the Cruiser said:

Thank you so much!  I found it interesting that they priced out as verandas and not aqua class. 

It may have something to do with dining in Blu and the Persian Gardens component.  Adding another 13 cabins on top of the number of cabins designated as Aqua already might just be to much for the dining room to handle. 

It think it is more because these cabins are smaller with shorter balconies than other Aqua class cabins. They were recently added during the drydock in the space that used to be the men's locker room/sauna. They were originally designated Aqua but got too many complaints, so downgraded them.

Be sure to read the reviews of these cabins post drydock. I found at least one in the M class compilation thread above. They mentioned in the review that these cabins were downgraded due to noise issues. So definitely do some more investigating before booking.

4 hours ago, Dimarie40 said:

They are the newly created cabins on the upgraded S class ships.  They would not have any obstructions in that position.  The view would be clear.

Summit is a M class ship.

S class ships have Persian Gardens on deck 12.

The OP is misreading the Summit deck plans for Deck 11.  Those Deck 10 staterooms are not under a suite lounge. (There is no such lounge on Deck 11.)  They are under a men’s room and a portion of the Sky Lounge, used for activities during much of the day, and music and game shows at night.  In other words, a noisy public space. 

And yes, the Summit is an M class ship.

And it’s not difficult to get to the pools from other decks.  

Edited by Turtles06

I’d be inclined to avoid these cabins. We had booked one as Aqua Class for our Asia cruise on Millennium but the first few reviews following its refit when they were built were negative - the cabins were smaller than expected and very noisy in the evenings from the lounge above, leading to Celebrity downgrading the cabins. Agree that the location near the pools looks attractive, but it feels like Celebrity spoiled a good idea by penny-pinching to squeeze in a few more passengers and inadequate soundproofing.