Santa photo opportunity when cruise in December

rubydouble

4 hours ago, Rabbi-Reefer said:

I keep offering my services for Hanukkah cruises, but so far there's been no takers. LOL

Try Celebrity.

For some reason they think Chanukah is a major holiday and always have a Rabbi or Cantor on board.

🤣🤣🤣

On our cruise, Santa came on a tender!  It was a big event, being announced live as Santa made his way on board.  Very fun.  He handed out some small gifts to the kids, they were allowed to take pictures.  I think Santa was exhausted after this and there was no photo op for adults.  But, Princess did do it in a fun way.  

For cruises in December other than ones including Christmas day the ship will be decorated for Christmas, but Santa isn't onboard until Christmas itself.   The decorations roll out to the fleet following Thanksgiving, so an early December cruise may not be fully decorated.

Yes, there is a photo op.  I was on a Christmas cruise last year on the Royal Princess.  Santa Claus was in the Piazza on Christmas Day handing out presents to kids and teens up to age 17, between 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.  We stopped by after dinner and had our picture taken with Santa and his helpers. 

On 9/21/2019 at 7:55 PM, rubydouble said:

Will there be Santa photo opportunity if we cruise in December?

On the Grand Princess San Francisco R/T Hawaii 2018.

Little kids, and "big" kids posed with Santa and his helpers in the Atrium on Christmas Day.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

Hopefully it all works out. I saw a video of Santa trying to board the ship one time. He kept setting off the metal detector when he passed under the "arch". He set it off over, and over. It was pretty funny... I would imagine he eventually made it onboard but it was odd that Santa was having such a hard time getting through boarding security. 😮