NCL Free/Reduced Air Compilation

tvlworm

I just got my flights...I am not happy.  NCL has us returning home at 10:30am the day after the cruise ends!!!  It takes more than 24 hours to get us home??

We all need to be at work at 8am the day after the cruise ends!!

As anyone dealt with this situation before?  We are going to call our TA first thing Monday morning.  We got our email Friday night at 10:30pm, but I didn't see it until this morning.  It is Mardi Gras here in New Orleans, so I was not checking my emails!

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated!

51 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

I just got my flights...I am not happy.  NCL has us returning home at 10:30am the day after the cruise ends!!!  It takes more than 24 hours to get us home??

We all need to be at work at 8am the day after the cruise ends!!

As anyone dealt with this situation before?  We are going to call our TA first thing Monday morning.  We got our email Friday night at 10:30pm, but I didn't see it until this morning.  It is Mardi Gras here in New Orleans, so I was not checking my emails!

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated!

Where are you flying from, and what is the current itinerary?  If you are returning from an Asia airport, then the flight time length is about right and would get you home the next day due to the international date line.

Hopefully the tickets were issued on Friday when you received the email because they could still be voided tomorrow. If they were issued Thursday or before, there might be change fees involved.  Hopefully your TA can get some resolution! 

On 2/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, gravitar said:

I am departing out of Quebec City for the 9 October maratime cruise.  My original flights were to Montreal. I called the air department and asked them how they were getting me from there to the port. There was a long pause and then was told it was fixed. I looked at my confirmation and saw i was now flying to Quebec City. 

Hey, we're on the same cruise. Well, we worked it out for my Wife to get an extra day off, so I got a deviation for the day before. I hate cutting it close and depending on the Airlines to not have delays. Flying into Quebec City instead of Montreal would be a whole lot better. It would save the hassle of the 3 hour train or bus ride.

Edited by drcarp4
adding more info.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tvlworm said:

Where are you flying from, and what is the current itinerary?  If you are returning from an Asia airport, then the flight time length is about right and would get you home the next day due to the international date line.

Hopefully the tickets were issued on Friday when you received the email because they could still be voided tomorrow. If they were issued Thursday or before, there might be change fees involved.  Hopefully your TA can get some resolution! 

The cruise arrives in Vancouver on May 11th.  So we need to get from Vancouver to New Orleans.  They don't have us leaving Vancouver until 10:55pm! We arrive in Toronto at 6:28am on May 12th. Then leave Toronto at 8:45am and arrive in New Orleans at 10:32am.

Why in the world are they sending us to Toronto???

On 2/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, Toledosfinest said:

We are on the N.C.L Getaway May 8-18  out of Rome.. We booked our air with N.C.L. for $599, which we are very happing doing so far.

Depart DTW May 7 2020 5:25 pm non - stop Rome Italy - Delta Airlines

Arrive  May 8 8:15 am.

No Deviation

Depart Rome May 18 12:30p,  on Air France to Paris. Hour and ten minutes layover, then Non -Stop Paris -Dtw on Air France, arriving in Dtw at 6:45pm

Only reason we know flights is that Air France changed our flight time and sent an email. Biggest problem is that we picked our seats on the Delta flight from Dtw/Rome, but after about 30 days our seats disappeared. Delta suspects that since N.C.L has only held seats and not officially paid for them and ticketed them, that our seat assignments aren't secured. We're not happy losing our window/aisle seats, and being forced to take middle seats, but for the price, we understand. Just wish N.C.L would pay for the tickets earlier. We are 83 days out, and no official tickets yet.

Update: We leave May 8th on the Getaway out of Rome, and today (71 days out) I noticed that our air tickets have been paid by N.C.L and given ticket numbers. Haven't received notification by N.C.L yet what are flights are, but I found out months ago, thanks to Air France changing our flight times and sending an e-mail to me. We should be all set.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:22 PM, alrose251 said:

The cruise arrives in Vancouver on May 11th.  So we need to get from Vancouver to New Orleans.  They don't have us leaving Vancouver until 10:55pm! We arrive in Toronto at 6:28am on May 12th. Then leave Toronto at 8:45am and arrive in New Orleans at 10:32am.

Why in the world are they sending us to Toronto???

Because it's the best cheapest flight available, TBH.

YVR-MSY via YYZ is going for $200pp right now, per the matrix.  Every other flight that is under $300 either has a red-eye flight or (even worse) a LONG overnight layover (in Dallas, with AA).  United, Alaska, and AA all have daytime connecting flights leaving in the afternoon, but they're all between $350 and $450 each.  (the cheaper ones all leave arond noon though, which may not give you enough time to clear customs before your flight?  The ones that leave after 1pm are all above $400))

Those would all be better, probably, but they'd also cost NCL an extra $200 per person for your group.  =/

We took advantage of NCL reduced Airfare for 367.00 Canadian Each for 12 day Rome to Southampton Sailing May 3.

I received our air arrangements today 67 days out. We paid for a 2 day deviation. I am pleasantly surprised with our flights, although I would have preferred direct, 1 connection is doable. I have gone on both Delta and IcelandAir and chose our seats (free, chose not to upgrade) We are flying Toronto-Amsterdam to Rome on the way to our cruise and on the way home London-Reykjavik-Toronto

Home Departure City - Toronto

Arrival/Destination City - Rome

Airline(s) used - Delta on the way there, IcelandAir on the way home

Number of Connections -1 connection each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -Depart Toronto 10:45 pm April 30 Arrive Rome 4:35 May 1, connect thru Amsterdam

Return Flight departure/arrival time - IcelandAir London-Reykjavik-Toronto Depart London 1:05 pm arrive Toronto 7pm

39 minutes ago, dotsmug said:

We took advantage of NCL reduced Airfare for 367.00 Canadian Each for 12 day Rome to Southampton Sailing May 3.

I received our air arrangements today 67 days out. We paid for a 2 day deviation. I am pleasantly surprised with our flights, although I would have preferred direct, 1 connection is doable. I have gone on both Delta and IcelandAir and chose our seats (free, chose not to upgrade) We are flying Toronto-Amsterdam to Rome on the way to our cruise and on the way home London-Reykjavik-Toronto

Home Departure City - Toronto

Arrival/Destination City - Rome

Airline(s) used - Delta on the way there, IcelandAir on the way home

Number of Connections -1 connection each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -Depart Toronto 10:45 pm April 30 Arrive Rome 4:35 May 1, connect thru Amsterdam

Return Flight departure/arrival time - IcelandAir London-Reykjavik-Toronto Depart London 1:05 pm arrive Toronto 7pm

We are on the same cruise and also doing a 2 day deviation on the way to Rome. We have the same flight as you on the way down but a different flight back to Toronto. Flying on Anerican from London to Philadelphia and then to Toronto. Just wondering if you’re doing a deviation in London?

18 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Because it's the best cheapest flight available, TBH.

YVR-MSY via YYZ is going for $200pp right now, per the matrix.  Every other flight that is under $300 either has a red-eye flight or (even worse) a LONG overnight layover (in Dallas, with AA).  United, Alaska, and AA all have daytime connecting flights leaving in the afternoon, but they're all between $350 and $450 each.  (the cheaper ones all leave arond noon though, which may not give you enough time to clear customs before your flight?  The ones that leave after 1pm are all above $400))

Those would all be better, probably, but they'd also cost NCL an extra $200 per person for your group.  =/

I called NCL Air on Monday and pleaded my case.  We all need to be back at work on May 12th at 8am.  My SIL got a new air confirmation letter with the same flights as my place hold itinerary (we had 2 different flight itineraries even though we were linked) on Tuesday morning.   I called back today (Wednesday) since I had not hear anything within the 24 hours like I was told.  My flights were also changed.  For some reason I was not sent an email with the new air confirmation.  These flights are very reasonable and gets us home at 9:15pm, which is better than I expected.  These flights take us through Denver then on to New Orleans..makes sense to me!

All is good!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dotsmug said:

We did not take a deviation from London.

We don’t leave London until 2:30 pm and have a three hour layover in Philadelphia. Don’t get back to Toronto until 10.43 pm. Kind of weird we’re on different flights.