Arrival/Destination City - New Orleans

Airline(s) used - American there / Delta back

Number of Connections - 1 each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 8:15am ALB - PHL arrive 9:38am

10:19am PHL - MSY arrive 12:30PM

Return Flight departure/arrival time

11:19am MSY - DTW 2:45pm

3:18pm DTW - ALB 4:58pm

Just received confirmed airfare at 59 days from travel. Called at 61 days and they changed the flights I was supposed to be on from later in the evening.  The person I talked to was super helpful.  We have the deviation to fly in a day early.  Connection times are tight but love getting into New Orleans nice and early the day before.  Original flight on the way back had us not leaving until 6:00 and getting back to Albany after midnight.  The agent said I called at the perfect time as they hadn't been officially ticketed yet.

Your post grabbed my attention as you are the closest to us that I have noticed so far and was wondering what number you called to speak with someone regarding changes to your flights prior to them being booked? This is the first time for me using this ncl option and reading a lot of posts I'm a bit nervous as we are flying out of Portland, Maine to Miami (February 2020) with one stop at LGA (both ways) currently showing in my summary. We are flying in a day early to make sure we get there on time but don't want to arrive late at night if I can avoid it. any info would be appreciated!! Thanks

Edited by prbffd28

7 minutes ago, prbffd28 said:

Your post grabbed my attention as you are the closest to us that I have noticed so far and was wondering what number you called to speak with someone regarding changes to your flights prior to them being booked? This is the first time for me using this ncl option and reading a lot of posts I'm a bit nervous as we are flying out of Portland, Maine to Miami (February 2020) with one stop at LGA (both ways) currently showing in my summary. We are flying in a day early to make sure we get there on time but don't want to arrive late at night if I can avoid it. any info would be appreciated!! Thanks

I called the 1-866-625-1163 number and they were awesome

Home Departure City - Portland, OR

Arrival/Destination City - Auckland, NZ

Departure City - Sydney, Aus

Departure/Destination City - San Diego, CA

Airline(s) used - American there / United back

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:17pm PDX - 8:44pm LAX

11:05 pm LAX - 9:40am AKL

Return Flight departure/arrival time  - 2:00pm SYD - 8:40am SFO

10:40 am SFO - 12:18pm SAN

Deviations: same day flights but from/to different "Home" airports (no charge)

Flight info arrived 52 days prior to sail date

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, julig22 said:

Home Departure City - Portland, OR

Arrival/Destination City - Auckland, NZ

Departure City - Sydney, Aus

Departure/Destination City - San Diego, CA

Airline(s) used - American there / United back

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:17pm PDX - 8:44pm LAX

11:05 pm LAX - 9:40am AKL

Return Flight departure/arrival time  - 2:00pm SYD - 8:40am SFO

10:40 am SFO - 12:18pm SAN

Deviations: same day flights but from/to different "Home" airports (no charge)

Flight info arrived 52 days prior to sail date

Was there any extra charge? Or was that “free airfare”?

26 minutes ago, tanyaewa said:

Was there any extra charge? Or was that “free airfare”?

Not sure what you mean by extra charge.  It was "free or reduced" perk and I paid $999 - couldn't touch that price on my own.  I personally have never seen a completely free flight, but that may be because I generally fly out of Portland, OR.  But no additional charges because it wasn't a RT ticket - both airports had the same cost on this trip, but if that hadn't been the case, they will adjust accordingly.

What was interesting (?) is that when I did mock bookings to check for price reductions, the airfare fluctuated, getting as high as $1599 at one point.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, welove2cruise* said:

35 minutes in the Atlanta airport does not seem doable to me. Your connecting flight will be boarding 30 minutes prior to take off and Atlanta is a big airport with trains connecting terminals. I would call to argue to have that changed. 

Our plane was late getting in, but all went well. I am about to write a review on our cruise, from start to finish.. We did have some concerns; our plane in AR was a bit late taking off thus we didn't have a full 45 minutes to make our connection and we needed wheel chairs that were not there when we landed. Long story; they were about to close the gates but all went well regardless of giving us a few more grey hairs. As for the airport, we have connected through ATL many times, it is a huge airport you are right. 

I was getting ready to make a reservation for a cruise and noticed the 'free or reduced airfare" option -The cruise I am looking at is a European cruise and that is a very long flight - which is the reason for my questions. Are you able to choose your seats (I love aisle  - but just don't want to be stuck in the dreaded middle seat). Are you able to upgrade these tickets with the airline (more legroom) - is the option of 2 days before and/or after the only deviation allowed - - thanks everyone for your help -

26 minutes ago, dreamcz said:

I was getting ready to make a reservation for a cruise and noticed the 'free or reduced airfare" option -The cruise I am looking at is a European cruise and that is a very long flight - which is the reason for my questions. Are you able to choose your seats (I love aisle  - but just don't want to be stuck in the dreaded middle seat). Are you able to upgrade these tickets with the airline (more legroom) - is the option of 2 days before and/or after the only deviation allowed - - thanks everyone for your help -

I flew direct to LAX from Heathrow on United, but it would depend on where in Europe you are going.  So far, I have never been assigned the dreaded middle seat and have always been able to change seats once my flights are booked - but do it ASAP because of course the good seats will be taken first.  Go directly to the airline, not NCL.

I just got my flight info for a NZ/Australia cruise and chose to upgrade for more legroom on one flight - still debating the return flight (cost is relatively high).

Your deviation can be 1 or 2 days, before and/or after.  But that seems to be your only choice - choosing early or late flights don't seem to be much of an option.

16 minutes ago, AACJ said:

This is a good idea for compiling this information.  I had to reply so it will be at the top of my list on my app.  

Thanks for setting it up!  I'll post my info when I get it.

Thank you!  I’m working on the updates from the past week and will post the spreadsheet later today. 

Home Departure City - Chicago (ORD)

Arrival/Destination City - Miami (MIA)

Airline(s) used - American

Number of Connections - Nonstop both ways

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -ORD to MIA 5:00am - 9:04am

Return Flight departure/arrival time- FLL to ORD 11:54am - 2:18pm

Deviation: No

Days out: 57

For anyone interested when you have 2 cabins hoping for the same flights: I booked directly through a NCL PCC instead of online just to ask if we could make sure the 4 people in the 2 cabins were on the same flights.  I was assured we would be.  I received an email with my cabin's flights, saying we were on a 5:30am flight down.  The other cabin did not get their email.  The next day, still no email, so I reached out to our PCC.  She told me to be patient but on her end, she could see we were on the same flight.  That night, the other cabin got their flights and while the return flight was the same, the flight down was at 5am and a different flight number but still American.  We were surprised to see the AA had flights to the same destination so close to each other.  We also were just going to roll with it since the difference was only 30 minutes.  But then a few days later, I checked our reservation on American's website too see that my cabin was now also on the 5am flight (the 5:30 flight no longer existed).  I'm still not quite sure how that all happened, but in the end we are all on the same flights and are very happy with our flight times.  Catching a 5am flight is going to be exciting but we knew it would be early since we didn't pay for the deviation to fly down the day before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, smplybcause said:

Unlike normal flights booked through cruise lines -- NCL does not guarantee to get you to the ship with the free/reduced air. If you miss the ship the cost is on you to catch up. At least that's what I've seen in various posts across various threads. 

$25pp for a deviation up to 2 days before/after. Not sure if you deviate before and after whether it's $25 or $50.

This worried me because we have purchased the NCL reduced airfare so I contacted our NCL rep and this is his reply....  I hope he's right:-)   We are flying from Montreal Quebec to Santiago Chile...

Yes that’s the main guarantee with doing the flights through us. Getting you to the port within enough time not to rush to the ship. Also, another benefit is that there will a point of contact that has communication with the proper people on the ship, incase of delays while in transport from the airport to the port.

Edited by Samstress

hi, I am going on a transatlantic from nyc in April. I am worried the flight home from Rome to Buffalo. It looks as tho it goes to jfk then i cannot find anythig to get me home in the evening. If they dont get in until 930pm to jfk will the leave us stranded for 10 hours?

4 hours ago, Samstress said:

This worried me because we have purchased the NCL reduced airfare so I contacted our NCL rep and this is his reply....  I hope he's right:-)   We are flying from Montreal Quebec to Santiago Chile...

Yes that’s the main guarantee with doing the flights through us. Getting you to the port within enough time not to rush to the ship. Also, another benefit is that there will a point of contact that has communication with the proper people on the ship, incase of delays while in transport from the airport to the port.

I was on a cruise out of New Orleans that waited for NCL passengers who had delayed flights.  As you were told, if NCL has arranged the flight and transfer, they know who to expect.  I think the people said they did all the paperwork on the ship, after going through the port checkpoint.  It's been awhile but I think we were an hour or so late, so I don't know at what point they would leave a passenger behind if it's a long delay.

1 hour ago, twill0523 said:

hi, I am going on a transatlantic from nyc in April. I am worried the flight home from Rome to Buffalo. It looks as tho it goes to jfk then i cannot find anythig to get me home in the evening. If they dont get in until 930pm to jfk will the leave us stranded for 10 hours?

Anything that you see in the way of flight info at this point is simply a placeholder and may not have any relationship to what eventually is booked.  I thought I was going to have an 8hr layover with 2 stops based on the initial info.  Finally booked and it's 1 stop with a 2 hr layover - just enough time to clear customs and stretch my legs after a really long flight.

Home Departure City - Los Angeles (LAX)

Arrival/Destination City - Seattle (SEA)

Airline(s) used - Delta

Number of Connections - Nonstop - Roundtrip

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:15 am - 9:15 am  (Morning of embarkation)

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 2:07 pm - 4:49 pm  (Day of debarkation)

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? No

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 45

NCL representatives will meet you in baggage claims near carousel 15/16 to assist you with baggage check-in and transportation to the ship

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, Samstress said:

Sorry no.  There is no guarantee they will get you to the ship.  They are only a booking agent.   They can’t pull planes out of the garage for you.    Especially for SCL. There is only going to be one flight.  I have personally flown this route multiple times and did miss a ship.   Some of those were cruise air.    

On a Ta About 20 people on my roll call did not make it-  despite the claims The Cruise line would get them there.  

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Sorry no.  There is no guarantee they will get you to the ship.  They are only a booking agent.   They can’t pull planes out of the garage for you.    Especially for SCL. There is only going to be one flight.  I have personally flown this route multiple times and did miss a ship.   Some of those were cruise air.    

On a Ta About 20 people on my roll call did not make it-  despite the claims The Cruise line would get them there.  

That's what I suspected.  I will call & see about a deviation.  Thanks for the heads up!

Weird, originally prior to today, our flights had layovers in Philly going to Miami, then on the return, had a layover in Atlanta leaving from Miami.  As of this morning, the layover to Miami is now in Atlanta and on the return, the layover is in New York (LGA).  Still don't have actual flight numbers/times and/or edocs and luggage tags.

Edited by AACJ

Just now, AACJ said:

Weird, originally prior to today, our flights had layovers in Philly going to Miami, then on the return, had a layover in Atlanta leaving from Miami.  As of this morning, the layover to Miami is now in Atlanta and on the return, the layover is in New York (LGA).  Still don't have actual flight numbers and/or edocs and luggage tags.

What are your cruise dates?