NCL Free/Reduced Air Compilation

tvlworm

Home Departure City - Montréal-YUL

Arrival/Destination City - Miami (Fort Lauderdale for the return) 

Airline(s) used - AA and Air Canada 

Number of Connections - 0

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6am/ 9:40 am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 9:25 pm/12:43 am

We are super happy with those flights. 

This is our spring break week and the cost for air is crazy. For the same flights,  I would of paid 7000$ for the 4 of us. It's more than the total I paid for the the cruise. 

Not leaving until the February 28 but Just a little bit more excited for this cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2019 at 7:07 AM, Ladypeace said:

Home Departure City - Montréal-YUL

Arrival/Destination City - Miami (Fort Lauderdale for the return) 

Airline(s) used - AA and Air Canada 

Number of Connections - 0

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6am/ 9:40 am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 9:25 pm/12:43 am

We are super happy with those flights. 

This is our spring break week and the cost for air is crazy. For the same flights,  I would of paid 7000$ for the 4 of us. It's more than the total I paid for the the cruise. 

Not leaving until the February 28 but Just a little bit more excited for this cruise. 

I am also in Montreal flying to Orlando (Port Canaveral departure) for a cruise starting the 29th Feb.  We still have not been given our flight times- but we see that we stop in Newark on the way home. Since it will be winter, we will likely plan to fly in the day before to be on the safe side. We are aware of the flight deviation fee but are hoping we won't have to pay extra for the flights!

21 hours ago, Bianca0917 said:

I am also in Montreal flying to Orlando (Port Canaveral departure) for a cruise starting the 29th Feb.  We still have not been given our flight times- but we see that we stop in Newark on the way home. Since it will be winter, we will likely plan to fly in the day before to be on the safe side. We are aware of the flight deviation fee but are hoping we won't have to pay extra for the flights!

We ask for deviation before final payment and we were not charge extra for it. A week later we received our flights.

I still can't believe the flights that we got. 

Hope you'll be happy at the end. 

72 Days out and they booked our air.  Not very happy with the decision they made.

Home Departure City - MSP - Minneapolis

Arrival/Destination City - MYS - New Orleans

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - 1

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 8:52/3:08

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 3:59/10:28

We paid the extra fee to fly in the day before, so we fly in on Saturday and the cruise leaves on Sunday.  My frustration is that Delta has a nonstop that leaves Minneapolis at 10:00am that would get into New Orleans at 12:49pm on the way there and a return nonstop that leaves at 4:07pm that would arrive in Minneapolis at 6:57pm for on $25 more than what they paid for the United flights. 

I understand that because of the promo my flight was free to me, however I would have gladly paid an extra $100 per person to have the nonstop flights.  Too bad they don't give you the option of working with the person making the flight reservations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minn55441 said:

72 Days out and they booked our air.  Not very happy with the decision they made.

Home Departure City - MSP - Minneapolis

Arrival/Destination City - MYS - New Orleans

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - 1

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 8:52/3:08

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 3:59/10:28

We paid the extra fee to fly in the day before, so we fly in on Saturday and the cruise leaves on Sunday.  My frustration is that Delta has a nonstop that leaves Minneapolis at 10:00am that would get into New Orleans at 12:49pm on the way there and a return nonstop that leaves at 4:07pm that would arrive in Minneapolis at 6:57pm for on $25 more than what they paid for the United flights. 

I understand that because of the promo my flight was free to me, however I would have gladly paid an extra $100 per person to have the nonstop flights.  Too bad they don't give you the option of working with the person making the flight reservations. 

We too, are on this same cruise! Haven't received our real air ticket info yet, still just initial placeholders showing on our trip summary. I agree with it would be very nice if the NCL air department agents could converse with us, the guests, when it comes time to book flights. We fly out of Boise Idaho and the current placeholder flight info shows us changing planes twice, once in MSP and again in ATL then onto MSY. Delta is the only airline that makes this route out of BOI. AA has an option of 1 stop in DFW that costs less than the 2 stop currently showing. I did call the NCL Air number and spoke to a rep, she was very nice and professional, as she explained to me they could not make notes to our reservations regarding flight option requests. So there ya have it. All that said, hope we get ticketed soon!  And we are super excited about this little winter getaway on the Getaway! 

Reading the terms and conditions of the $50.00 excursion credit, NCL allows the credit to be applied to the debarkation port if you have a late flight out.  

<<$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:
$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.>> 

We are taking the 10 day Greek Isles and Italy from Rome on the Getaway July 30, 2020,  we paid for the reduced air. I already paid the $25 PP air deviation so leaving Boston on the 27th. I was trying to get an idea of what airline they may book us on. Any one have any ideas?

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, tvlworm said:

Home Departure City - New York, JFK

Arrival/Destination City - San Juan, PR

Airline(s) used - Delta

Number of Connections - Zero, direct flight

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -8am, arriving in San Juan at 12:50 pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 5:48 pm, arriving in NY at 9pm

Flight with the "free" air promo was $224 per person, Delta had an option to upgrade to first class seats for $180 per person (each way). So we splurged for the way down there, and were able to snag exit row seating at no charge for the way home. $400 per person, where the cheapest flights we found on our own were over $500 each for coach with no free bags. Definitely a win for us this trip.

• Like 1

Air booked 86 days out.  Outbound DTW>JFK>MIA; return MIA>DTW.  

Home Departure City - DTW - Detroit Metro

Arrival/Destination City - MIA - Miami International 

Airline -Delta

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 8:05/2:41

Number of Connections - 1

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 12:11/3:10

Number of Connections - 0

We opted to arrive in Miami a day early.  Our outgoing flight is not the best considering direct flights are available, but it could have been worse 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bianca0917 said:

Can anyone confirm how they were advised about their flights? Was it by email? I seem to have missed how this gets communicated. Thanks!

For me,  it first showed up on My NCL and my e docs were available, then 2 days later I got a confirmation email. 

On 11/17/2019 at 2:54 PM, polarcruiser24 said:

We are taking the 10 day Greek Isles and Italy from Rome on the Getaway July 30, 2020,  we paid for the reduced air. I already paid the $25 PP air deviation so leaving Boston on the 27th. I was trying to get an idea of what airline they may book us on. Any one have any ideas?

I haven’t yet seen a lot of comments for the international flight but I’m really curious to know what you get! We are doing that same cruise, July 2021 and also did a two day deviation before. Our home airport is MSP so most likely would have an extra connection. Hopefully by spring we’ll have more Mediterranean replies! 

Home Departure City - YYZ- Toronto

Arrival/Destination City - MIA - Miami International 

Airline -American out / Delta home

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:00/9:45

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 12:10/3:07//7:25/9:38

Number of Connections - 1

we were confirmed 81 days out, told would be ticketed 40 days out 

• Like 1

Help? If you have a cruise booked several months out from now and your using the air promo, I currently see airport codes but not times.  I understand that these are tentative and conformation won't be till much closer to cruise but how likely will the flight be with the current airport codes I have now?

@jnl134 I can tell you that my flight was not booked the same as the placeholders.  However, apparently my reservation was linked with another (since we were sailing together but in different cabins, booked through the same TA) and they then took that into consideration when booking the flights even though people here told me they don't do that.  My travel companions did get flights that matched the placeholders they had originally.

• Thanks 1

Home Departure City - ORD Chicago 

Arrival/Destination City - MIA - Miami International 

Airline -American out / Jet Blue Return

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:00/10:09am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - FLL 9:45pm/11:55pm 

1/12/2020 cruise. Notified 51 days out. 

My worst nightmare.  basically up all night to make a 6am departure then for return wait 13hrs to arrive home in the middle of the night the next day.  I can’t think of a worse schedule. ok, connecting flights but both departure times suck. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rocket_man said:

My worst nightmare.  basically up all night to make a 6am departure then for return wait 13hrs to arrive home in the middle of the night the next day.  I can’t think of a worse schedule. ok, connecting flights but both departure times suck. 

I’ve seen some people post that if you call immediately after getting your flights there is wiggle room to adjust them Because they have not paid yet. 

Are you flying in the day of the cruise? If so I would dare risk getting a later arrival flight especially flying out of Chicago in the winter.

Home Departure City - CLT (Charlotte)

Arrival/Destination City - FLL (Fort Lauderdale) but cruising from Miami

Airline -American both ways

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 7:25am/9:25am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 3:45pm/5:05pm

I was notified of flights 52 days out. We chose not to take a deviation but are very happy with our flights. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocket_man said:

I personally don’t think  they are Terrible and it is exactly what I was anticipating for our flights.   Look at resortforaday or whatever points you have for hotel or travel - spend the day sitting poolside or in a comfortable room unwinding from the cruise.  

I understand that the NCL flights are not exactly how we would book our own flights.  But we can’t bave it both ways - want the perk of free/reduced airfare but also want to control the booking of the airfare.  

For Transatlantic April 2020 -

Now, this came by email via my TA.  When I look up the flight confirmations, it says my West Jet flight is cancelled.  I called Norwegian and was told the accurate info will be sent 45-70 days before my cruise. The email was pretty specific with flight times and confirmation codes. I'm not sure why they sent this if it's not my TRUE ticket info.  It sure looks like TRUE ticket info.  ??  I will update you when I get more info.

Home Departure City -  Toronto  (YYZ)

Arrival/Destination City - New York (LGA)    

Airline(s) used -  West Jet (WS)

Number of Connections -  0

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 0710 - 0844

Departure City -  Rome  (FCO)

Arrival/Destination City -Toronto     (YYZ )

Airline(s) used -  TAP Portugal

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 1345-1550 / 1825-1940

Number of Connections -  1 Lisbon (LIS)

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? no

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed?  153

• Like 2

1st off THANK YOU to tvlworm for starting this thread and creating the spreadsheets.   I've been checking edocs daily and they just added them along with our flight info.  Considering the flights were free it's hard to complain.  But it is difficult to understand why they would route us from Philadelphia to Orlando via Chicago?  It not only adds travel time, but more importantly it significantly increases our chances of having weather/delay issues.  (For those unfamiliar with ORD delays & cancellations due to weather are the norm).   Return is perfect-non stop leaving at 2:30p.

Home Departure City -  Philadelphia (PHL)

Arrival/Destination City - Orlando (MCO) 

Airline(s) used -  United & American Air

Number of Connections -  1/0

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 0900-16:22 (via Chicago-ORD)

Departure City -  Philadelphia (PHL)

Arrival/Destination City -Orlando (MCO)

Airline(s) used -  American Air (AA)
Number of Connections -1/0

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 2:30p-4:59p

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? yes 1 day before

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed?  57

So overall we're happy considering the price we paid ($0).  But if we had to do it over again we would not have paid to deviate a day early (or paid for a hotel room).  We would have stayed with the 2 1/2 hr non stop flight they originally assigned us and taken our chances flying out of PHL early the morning of the cruise.  I know others will disagree and we normally would too.  We always fly in the day before when we book our own flights.  But as I've been stuck in Chicago (ORD) MANY times in the winter due to weather issues (way more then PHL) this adds a layer of worry I really don't want to deal with.   Fingers crossed its a good weather day in the midwest & on the east coast!

• Like 1

Home Departure City -  EWR - Newark 

Arrival/Destination City - MIA - Miami

Airline(s) used - AA

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -6:43AM/10AM

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 8:04PM/11:09PM

Did you pay for a deviation?  Yes, 2 days before

# days prior to departure flights were ticketed?  52 days

original placeholder was a connecting flight through Charlotte; return was direct

second placeholder showed direct to Miami; return from FLL

around a week or two ago, became roundtrip Newark/Miami

logged DM's passport, etc info in this morning and as expected, the then available e-docs showed flight information but the ticket locator on e-docs, when entered into AA app, showed no reservation and another AA app search option showed flight not available on travel date.  Called NCL - connected with no wait and was given a valid record locator for same dates/flights.  

Wonder if the tickets are "live" only after registration data is complete.  My assumption was they wouldn't download until travel info was entered.   Forgot to check if they entered my Pre-check number and middle name.   Guess I'll be calling AA but not this close to Thanksgiving - as I'm assuming they'll be long wait times

I was nervous not booking my own flights, but leaving so close to the SuperBowl, the flight costs were higher than usual so I decided to chance it with the free Air promo.   I'm always nervous about winter weather impacting the flights, so we booked the deviation and the Hampton Brickell.  

I did not try to change flights; however, there is an 11am flight for the same price outbound and a 5:30 flight for a little more homebound.    The 1:30pm homebound flight has been sold out for sometime.   

I upgraded our seats on line, we were in row 27 going and middle seats separated  by 5 rows on the return.   Plenty of seats remained for $0 but DM is older so for $135 total, I purchased the more legroom seats.  

The upgraded seats include an adult beverage, if available.   DM doesnt drink alcohol and I'm doubtful they'll be serving at 7am!!! although I'm sure it's 5o'clock somewhere.  

Used AA affinity credit card so checked bags should be free. If not, then the added cost for checked bags, the off hours up charge for the car service to/from airport or the possible need for a hotel the night prior will result in Free Air costing as much as the higher than usual tickets would have, but once I feel the sunshine and see blue skies - none of it will matter!  

While the flights are not ideal,  the airport being less crowded at off peak hours may make traveling with a senior easier.   We will have wheelchair assistance.  

Hope everyone one has a Happy Thanksgiving and Holiday season, calm seas, and fabulous cruises!

• Like 1