NCL Free/Reduced Air Compilation

tvlworm

On 10/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, lhsail said:

Update, I called NCL yesterday nervous about the slightly less than one hour connection in Newark, nothing could be done. This morning I called United. Took about 30 minutes between call wait time and being put on hold, but we now leave Austin at 11:30 am, giving us just over 3 hours for the connection.  No charge for the change. I honestly didn’t think they’d accommodate us, but I’m so glad I called. 

What date is your cruise? We are on the April 18, 2020 TA.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, shelleymp said:

We would have stayed with the 2 1/2 hr non stop flight they originally assigned us and taken our chances flying out of PHL early the morning of the cruise.  

Exactly my concern about doing a deviation, pay more only to open up the time frame they can use in software looking for cheapest flight.  Could be trading a non stop early flight for flying all day with layover etc.  I would like their software to apply the same "rush" to get you to the city ahead of sailaway that they do for those who don't select a deviation.

Would love to see more international posts. We are going on the Getaway from Rome July 30, 2020. curious to see who they book us with from Boston to Rome and back. I did a little digging and was basing things on cheapest flights and if they don't mix airlines I think it will be Norwegian Air, not the choice I would go with, but the price is right.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, polarcruiser24 said:

Would love to see more international posts. We are going on the Getaway from Rome July 30, 2020. curious to see who they book us with from Boston to Rome and back. I did a little digging and was basing things on cheapest flights and if they don't mix airlines I think it will be Norwegian Air, not the choice I would go with, but the price is right.

We flew from Washington Dulles to Barcelona and then home from Venice back to Dulles. We paid $599 roundtrip plus $25 to deviate to leave 3 days early.  We were very pleased with our flights, which would have cost us $1,499 if we booked directly. Our flights showed up abou 120 days out - although we weren't tickets until 35 days out (same flights that we had all along).  We flew direct on the way with United - which is the airline we were hoping for as we have status with them so can fly with Economy Plus.  We tried to upgrade once we were ticketed but were told by United we couldn't because NCL still had control of the itinerary.  We were able to reserve our Economy Plus seats at 120 days out, even though we weren't ticketed.  At check in 24 hours before the flight, we upgraded through United to Polaris for $550.

We deviated again post-cruise and spent two days in Venice. Coming home we were booked on Lufthansa (nice, we still got United mileage) from Venice to Frankfurt, then home to Dulles.  We were not able to book our seats or upgrade until airport check in since again, NCL had control of the ticket.  We did upgrade at the airport to their Economy Plus equivalent for $299.  Our total came out to be close to what we would have paid - but, that includes the upgrades both directions.  We were very happy with how it worked out and the timing of the flights were perfect for us.

Just to note - I did some digging too and there were cheaper flights.  We very much hoped for the direct flight but didn't expect it as it was much cheaper with other airlines and non-directs.  NCL did give us the option to pay a bit more and be guaranteed direct and with United but we decided to gamble - it luckily paid off for us.

• Like 1

Got our flights ticketed 59 days out. Getaway out of NOLA 1/26/2020

Depart from Boise, Idaho  BOI 5:04 am - arrive MSY  11:51 am

Depart MSY 4:00 pm - arrive BOI 9:28 pm

UA round trip

1 stop both ways in Denver. 

Opted for 1 day deviation prior to sail date. 

Happy with our flight itinerary. Would have likely booked this same scenario myself.  Good job NCL.

• Like 1

Super late to the party but sharing in case this is useful!  This was from my September 2019 Alaska cruise on the Bliss.

Home Departure City - New York, NY - selected JFK

Arrival/Destination City - Seattle Tacoma SEA

Airline(s) used - Alaska Airlines

Number of Connections - 0 - direct flights each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 9:30AM-12:45PM

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 9:45PM-6:05AM

Notes:

As a New Yorker, when I book airfare I search all 3 home airports and usually pick the cheapest.  NCL made me pick one airport.  I picked JFK because I figured it reduced the chances of a layover, and I was correct in this assumption.  

I did a 48 hour deviation on the way there in order to make my friend's baby shower.  I was quite pleased with the first flight, as this is what I would have picked anyway.

I was not happy with the 9:45PM departure.  I had already paid for a transfer to the airport, which meant I would sit in the airport for about 12 hours.  They refused to refund me or cancel the transfer, so I highly recommend opting out of airport transfers until you know your flight information.  In the end I did use the airport transfer, as Seattle was rainy that day (as always).  I paid $50 to hang out in the Alaska lounge at the Seattle airport- totally worth it!

• Like 1

We are sailing on the getaway. We just recieved our flight info today and we are about 59 days out.

Home Departure City - PVD Providence RI

Arrival/Destination City - MSY NEw Orleans

Airline(s) used - United and American

Number of Connections - 1 each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 12PM-5:20PM

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 11AM-6:05PM

I only saw our flight info because out edocs are ready. Will Ncl send me an email with the flight info so I can pay the fee for our luggage?

Thank you

Danielle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniella1279 said:

We are sailing on the getaway. We just recieved our flight info today and we are about 59 days out.

Home Departure City - PVD Providence RI

Arrival/Destination City - MSY NEw Orleans

Airline(s) used - United and American

Number of Connections - 1 each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 12PM-5:20PM

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 11AM-6:05PM

I only saw our flight info because out edocs are ready. Will Ncl send me an email with the flight info so I can pay the fee for our luggage?

Thank you

Danielle

Yes. It will have the specific airline reservation/ticket number. You can then go online to the airline’s website and choose seats, upgrade, enter pre TSA info etc, maybe pay for luggage (but you can do that at the gate too). 

7 minutes ago, daniella1279 said:

there was something that looked like a reservation # but when I went to the airline website and tried to use it wasn't the correct number.

try entering it on the airline website as the ticket or record locator number.  Also, if you have an account with the airline you might be able to find it using your name.  I remember having trouble finding mine the last time but I eventually got it.

We only used NCL air for return:

Home Departure City - SJU

Arrival/Destination City - DFW

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - 1in Houston (IAH)

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 5:15p/8:06p  9:45p/11:04p

Flight Info Received - 60 days out

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, kristi195 said:

What date is your cruise? We are on the April 18, 2020 TA.

Sorry I’m just getting back to you. We just returned from our TA. There were several people on our flight from Newark to Barcelona who were on the cruise. 

• Like 1

So an interesting situation with our group of 7 flying from Toronto to San Juan in February. We had previously checked with NCL on flights and were told nothing had been confirmed 

The other day several members our group ( 3 separate cabins but all linked together for bookings) received emails from the airline carrier indicating a flight itinerary  change, it provided a reservation number and when this number was checked on the airlines reservation system the correct passenger names and amount  paid for the flight were displayed but seat assignments were not 

A follow up call by our travel agent to NCL seeking confirmation of this information was met with “they had no information on the flights and the reservations would be distributed 45 days prior to departure “

We all found it interesting that the airline knew our flights ( and they were direct flights as well which we are very pleased with), we knew the reservation number with the airline and even the amount NCL paid for them yet NCL does not have that or will not release that information.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had that experience? We are certainly quite happy with these flights and the price we paid for them with NCL  versus what we would have had to pay on our own, we are saving a substantial amount but curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience with their bookings?

On 11/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, SSMcruises said:

we were confirmed 81 days out, told would be ticketed 40 days out 

Ok, so we got changed.  At 59 days out our edocs were ready and our flights had changed again. 

Our place holder flights were always Toronto to FLL, we spoke to NCL and they confirmed flights on the phone to us (as above), flying into Miami.

Yesterday when checking edocs realized it had changed again 

Home Departure City - YYZ- Toronto

Arrival/Destination City - FLL - Fort Lauderdale 

Airline -Air Canada both directions 

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:20/9:38 AM

Number of Connections - 0

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 7:30/10:38 PM

Number of Connections - 0

ultimately happy with it, our group is still together and we will enjoy the extra time in FLL when off the ship, rather than a 3 hr connection in NYC.  

• Like 1

I was starting to get a bit nervous about flights but yesterday, 58 days out, I received another notice that edocs were ready. I logged in and had the same odd pop up window come up again asking me to log in again but this time it worked and all the docs were there including flights, which I am very happy with. We opted to do the 1 day deviation at the beginning just in case, details are as follows:

Outbound Flight

Home Departure City - PWM - Portland, ME to LGA- NY

7:00am/840am

Arrival/Destination City - LGA to MIA - Miami, FLorida

10:44am/2:01pm

Airline -Delta

Number of Connections 1

Return Flight

Departure City - MIA to LGA 

12:27pm/3:28pm

Arrival/Destination City - LGA to PWM

4:25pm/5:49pm

Airline -American

Number of Connections - 1

I would definitely choose the NCL flight offer if it ever becomes available again for a future cruise. Thanks NCL!

• Like 1

THANKS to tvlworm for this helpful reference!

Our flight is for a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise.  We received NCL's e-mail confirming our flights approx. 50 days prior to our outbound flight.

Home Departure City - San Francisco, CA

Arrival/Destination City - Hong Kong

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - non-stop

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 10:50pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 10:10am (from Singapore)

We paid $50 for an air deviation that gets us in to Hong Kong 2 days prior to embarkation, and we return 1.5 days after disembarkation.

• Like 1

Happy Friday!  

We are really close to having 60 options listed on the spreadsheet.   I'm pretty surprised (happily!) that over half of the NCL booked flights are non-stops.   It will be interesting to see how this fills out and changes over the next several months as routes move from the Caribbean to Alaska and Europe.   

NCL Air Compilation.xlsx

• Like 1

I  have a question.  We are now under 55 days until our cruise.  How am I  notifed that our air flights have been set up and confirmed ? Do I  get an email? Does it show up somewhere on the web site? Do I need to call?  At this point the web site says the Edocs can not be retrieved.  Does this seen normal.  Am I missing something? 

2 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

I  have a question.  We are now under 55 days until our cruise.  How am I  notifed that our air flights have been set up and confirmed ? Do I  get an email? Does it show up somewhere on the web site? Do I need to call?  At this point the web site says the Edocs can not be retrieved.  Does this seen normal.  Am I missing something? 

When you log in to your account does it show that your edocs are ready for download? If so, do you get a second pop up window asking for you to log in again? If so, fill in the boxes and click log in and if your flights have been secured by NCL then your edocs will all show up. If your flights have not been secured yet then it will tell you your reservation is not ready to download. At least that's what happened to me, mine showed up at 57 or 58 days. It was quite a while between my account saying edocs we're ready and actually being able to get them. Hope this helps.

Also, once your flights are booked you will receive an email from NCL but it may be a day or two after they originally booked them.

We are sailing Vancouver to Hawaii in September ...then using the air promo to fly back home ...some of our group would like to stay over one night in Honolulu and fly home the next day ....So do we wait until we get our flights and say we want the deviation or do we do it long before the flights are settled????

37 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

I started checking daily  to see if my edocs were ready around day 60, and I think they were there done 57??  But the email did not come for another few days.   Our flight info email also came our edocs 

12 minutes ago, Jldevlin said:

We are sailing Vancouver to Hawaii in September ...then using the air promo to fly back home ...some of our group would like to stay over one night in Honolulu and fly home the next day ....So do we wait until we get our flights and say we want the deviation or do we do it long before the flights are settled????

I'm not 100% certain but I believe you need to tell NCL that you want the deviation when you book the air promo that way they know how to book your flights correctly. It  is definitely worth calling the NCL air program to make sure.