NCL Free/Reduced Air Compilation

tvlworm

Home Departure City - ICT (Wichita, KS)

Arrival/Destination City - HNL (Honolulu)

Airline(s) used - AA

Number of Connections - 1 (ICT - DFW - HNL; same in reverse on flight home)

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 8am/3:15pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 8:45pm/11:55am next day (overnight flight)

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes; 2 before & 2 after

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 59; today*

*I had the placement holder flight info since booking this back in summer of 2019; everything was paid for per the payment deadlines. HOWEVER, I did not finalize all our check-in info until today on NCL the site. Once I had that done, I could download my eDocs and all the flight info was there. I probably could have had the info sooner but I hadn’t done all the checkin stuff online 😞 

On the NCL site, I was able to get my eDocs by going to the SUMMARY page (middle tab on top part of page when logged in to view the reservation), then on right side of the Summary page, look towards bottom of that box and see the little “Download eDocs” to the right of the “EDIT CHECKIN” button. 

Hope this helps!!!!

4 hours ago, turtlegirl2 said:

*I had the placement holder flight info since booking this back in summer of 2019; everything was paid for per the payment deadlines. HOWEVER, I did not finalize all our check-in info until today on NCL the site. Once I had that done, I could download my eDocs and all the flight info was there. I probably could have had the info sooner but I hadn’t done all the checkin stuff online 😞 

On the NCL site, I was able to get my eDocs by going to the SUMMARY page (middle tab on top part of page when logged in to view the reservation), then on right side of the Summary page, look towards bottom of that box and see the little “Download eDocs” to the right of the “EDIT CHECKIN” button. 

Hope this helps!!!!

Do you have to go through all the info on your e-docs to see if a flight placement holder was booked?  I booked in Oct. 2019.

Following this thread with great interest.  Leaving Chicago to Miami and I had looked on the dates and only AA (yay, have good status with them) had flights that would get us there (party of 7) but looking at the spreadsheet, seems there was one AA, one Jetblue and one United...I get the AA and United, but isn't Jetblue considered discount?  I was thinking only major carriers would be used.

Just now, Mikiejag said:

Following this thread with great interest.  Leaving Chicago to Miami and I had looked on the dates and only AA (yay, have good status with them) had flights that would get us there (party of 7) but looking at the spreadsheet, seems there was one AA, one Jetblue and one United...I get the AA and United, but isn't Jetblue considered discount?  I was thinking only major carriers would be used.

I'd rather fly JetBlue than either of the other two. MUCH more comfortable and much better service!  I hope they have added them to the list of possible choices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Can anyone tell me how you see a place holder?   Do you have to go through all your e-docs?  We have a cruise booked for Jan. 2021 which we booked in Oct. 2019.  Or is it too early?

Sometimes they are there but not always.  If there is one, it would be visible in your summary (box on the left) and/or under the air/transportation/hotel info at the bottom.

From what I was told, they tried a new system last summer where they put in tentative routes - epic fail, as it had people going all over the place, often not even close to the final route.  Mine always had me jumping from PDX to SFO to LAX to wherever.  So not really a reassuring "upgrade".

Edocs aren't usually available a year in advance, although they also seem to randomly appear and then disappear. 

22 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Can anyone tell me how you see a place holder?   Do you have to go through all your e-docs?  We have a cruise booked for Jan. 2021 which we booked in Oct. 2019.  Or is it too early?

For my November flights, this popped up when I booked:(I copied it to send to a friend)

Air: Nov 12, 2020 Los Angeles to TPE

Nov 14, 2020 TPE to Narita

Nov 23, 2020 Narita to PEK

Nov 23, 2020 PEK to Los Angeles

Now when I log in my vacation summary shows this under the Air Hotel Transfers link.

11-12-2020 Los Angeles, CA (LAX)  
  11-14-2020   Narita, Chiba (NRT)
  11-23-2020 Narita, Chiba (NRT)  
  11-23-2020   Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

On 1/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, EllieinNJ said:

We have a cruise date for Oct 2020 and our place holders showed up over 300 days out.

Home Departure City -Toronto (YYZ)

Arrival/Destination City - Miami (MIA)

Airline(s) used - Air Canada

Number of Connections - None, Direct flight

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:30 am/9:55 am

Return Flight departure/arrival time -5:15pm/8:25 pm

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes; 1 day before

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 60

• Like 1

Here is the latest and greatest with the flight spreadsheet.  I haven't seen in the recent NCL promo's that free/reduced air as an option, I'm hoping they bring it back to keep gathering more info or there are others like me who grabbed it for sailings that are still quite a ways away (July 2021 for us!) and are too far out to receive any flight information.  

NCL Air Compilation.xlsx

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, Tutone56 said:

Received flight information today along with the edocs.  We are 59 days out.  Our flights from SFO to HON are free and we paid for our round trip air from RI to SFO.  We're fortunate that our son lives in San Francisco so we can stay with them for a few days to help us adjust to the time change.

Home Departure City - San Francisco

Arrival/Destination City - Honolulu

Airline(s) used - UA

Number of Connections - None

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 9:00am/12:39pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 2:50pm/11:04pm

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes $50

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 2

Very happy with flight times.  Does anyone know what type aircraft United uses from SFO to HON?

Looks like either Boeing 737, 757, 777 or Airbus A319, 320.

Edited by drcarp4
wording

We are going on the Epic in March and got our flights, I booked last Jan when Costco had a special with the 5 free plus free air.

Paid the extra to come in 2 days early.

Toronto to San Juan with a connection in Miami. Leave at 6:00 AM arrive in San Juan at1:00 PM on American Airlines.

return is departing at 2:00 PM arriving in Toronto at 11:00 PM and that is with a connection in Miami.

Happy with flights, it is during March Break, and flights are super expensive, so I was happy with the total package price.

• Like 1

I cancelled my reduced air from Newark to Rome as I was able to book on my own for the same price with a more desirable flight. Placeholder showed up as soon as I completed online check in at 312 days before cruise. Exact itinerary was not listed, only showing dates and connecting flights, but I was able to figure out planned flights.

34 minutes ago, pmatawan said:

I cancelled my reduced air from Newark to Rome as I was able to book on my own for the same price with a more desirable flight. Placeholder showed up as soon as I completed online check in at 312 days before cruise. Exact itinerary was not listed, only showing dates and connecting flights, but I was able to figure out planned flights.

Hi Alan.  Remember us from the SA cruise Dave. & Ellie?  I keep checking this thread to see what kind of flights they're giving from Miami to Newark.  We are doing a one way from NY to Miami next January with free airfare.  I know it's too early to get the flight but would like to see what others have gotten.

15 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hi Alan.  Remember us from the SA cruise Dave. & Ellie?  I keep checking this thread to see what kind of flights they're giving from Miami to Newark.  We are doing a one way from NY to Miami next January with free airfare.  I know it's too early to get the flight but would like to see what others have gotten.

Yes, of course I remember. It was a great cruise and we had a very active CC group.

I was surprised to see the airline routing so far ahead of cruising.

The roll call for this upcoming cruise has less then a handful, maybe its too early for a Dec. 2020 cruise or maybe the ship will sail half empty...

3 minutes ago, pmatawan said:

Yes, of course I remember. It was a great cruise and we had a very active CC group.

I was surprised to see the airline routing so far ahead of cruising.

The roll call for this upcoming cruise has less then a handful, maybe its too early for a Dec. 2020 cruise or maybe the ship will sail half empty...

My roll call for next January is the same.  Only a few.  I'm also going on a 21 day Panama Canal cruise in April that has over 150 already signed up for the meet and greet.

Home Departure City - Des Moines, IA

Arrival/Destination City - Miami

Airline(s) used - UA

Number of Connections - 1 each way

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 5:05am/1:08pm layover in ORD

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 5:52pm/11:08pm layover in ORD

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes $50 for two people 2 days before.

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 54 but check in wasn't complete. Once done, we had flight info next morning. 

These are very similar to flights we had last year when I booked my own. 

• Like 1

Home Departure City - Chicago

Arrival/Destination City - LAX

Airline(s) used - American

Number of Connections - Direct Going - 1 Connection for Return

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 2pm/4:35pm 

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 10:15pm/6:35am (next day) -  connection in Vegas (not enough time there to do anything though 😁)

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes, flying in one day early.

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? Edocs available at 54 days

I immediately logged into AA to add FF#'s, KTA#'s, and change the two of us to better seats.

Very satisfied with the results.  Booked cruise August '19, when it still had Free Air from Chicago.

We had "looked" at these same flights (or similar) back when we booked and AA and United wanted over $500pp for RT ORD to LAX.  Airfare never moved substantially, so all-in-all we got a great deal!

• Like 1

Cruising on the Dawn from Tampa to NY. I fly out of Buffalo since it's a closer departure airport for me.  

I rec'd my flight info this morning and was a bit dismayed by the departure flight time so I gave NCL a call. I had also booked a hotel through NCL as well so they were aware that I was arriving a day early.. No problem at all to get my original flight changed to later in the day instead of the 5:45 am original time.  Very pleased with how it was handled. Time was changed and new flights booked within a couple of hours and I was able to book seats and buy upgrades.  

Home Departure City - Buffalo

Arrival/Destination City - Tampa > NYC

Airline(s) used - Delta

Number of Connections - 1

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -BUF 1:55 PM/LGA  3:19 PM
                                                                       LGA 3:55 PM/TPA 6:54 PM

Return Flight departure/arrival time - LGA 12:48 PM /BUF 2:21 PM non-stop

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:07 PM, JOregon said:

We took advantage of the free air also.  I was curious about the same thing, but are planning to arrive a day early.  I was concerned about the layover time also, but checked with possible flights and I am hoping that I have adequate time. 

We have not received flight details yet, but fly out early July 2020.

Home Departure City - PDX (Porland, Oregon)

Arrival/Destination City - Copenhagen

Airline(s) used - not set yet

Number of Connections - not set yet

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Before

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed?

Just noticed, that even though I have not finished paying for my trip yet when I look at the vacation summary on the NCL app I can see my flights.  Not the time, but the date and stops.  Flying from Portland through KDF, on Iceland air, as I got a notification about my return flight change....

22 hours ago, JOregon said:

Just noticed, that even though I have not finished paying for my trip yet when I look at the vacation summary on the NCL app I can see my flights.  Not the time, but the date and stops.  Flying from Portland through KDF, on Iceland air, as I got a notification about my return flight change....

Oh wow!  I’m going to hope that my connection is through a less exciting place!  I would be SO tempted to ask for a stopover in Iceland for a few days, as a bonus to my trip! 😁 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:53 PM, tvlworm said:

Here is the latest and greatest with the flight spreadsheet.  I haven't seen in the recent NCL promo's that free/reduced air as an option, I'm hoping they bring it back to keep gathering more info or there are others like me who grabbed it for sailings that are still quite a ways away (July 2021 for us!) and are too far out to receive any flight information.  .97 kB · 61 downloads

Free or reduced air is still offered. We have it for Japan and I see it listed for Hawaii too.

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

Home Departure City - Chicago

Arrival/Destination City - LAX

Airline(s) used - American

Number of Connections - None

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 7:23am/10:05am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 1:32pm/7:40pm

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? No

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed?  53 days

Received email confirmation from NCL, edocs still say ”not ready”. Very happy w flights, was nervous about getting an overnight return. Current price for flights on American is $767 per person.