Diamond beverage perks in lounge only on Symphony?

On 9/23/2019 at 1:37 AM, Merion_Mom said:

That's a new one to me.  I have never heard of the DL being used for a "private function." The C&A Happy Hours *are* a private function!  - the function for which the Lounge is intended.

The issue was resolved!  Apparently we had been going to the overflow room of the DL (clearly marked as the D and D+ Lounge) and the REAL D and D+ Lounge was around the corner.  Totally our mistake (and at least 2 others that night).    Perhaps the overflow venue (looked like a dance/music venue) was possibly booked for something else or may not have been needed.  We felt like diamond dummies!  

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 1:27 PM, gardening_diva said:

On the Crown & Anchor benefits page (https: //www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/crown-anchor see footnote 7) it states that there will be *no* "Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event" (3 drink vouchers on SeaPass card during Happy Hour) when the ship has a Diamond Club/lounge, but posters here are saying you can have 1 or 2 drinks in the lounge and then get more elsewhere with the SeaPass vouchers. Is this one of those things where policy varies from ship to ship? Or does it vary based on how many Diamond/Plus/Pinnacle members on the sailing? Sailing on Symphony in November & first time as a Diamond so not sure what to expect!

I checked the link you posted and did not see anything about the 3 drink vouchers only this

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member's SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship.

7 Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

3 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I checked the link you posted and did not see anything about the 3 drink vouchers only this

Yes, note 6 describes the Exclusive Nightly Event which is the 3 vouchers. Note 7 says there would be no Exclusive Nightly Event (i.e. no 3 x vouchers). So note 7 is saying ignore note 6! My use of the text "(3 drink vouchers on SeaPass card during Happy Hour)" was just to clarify what the Exclusive Nightly Event was. 🙂

Anyway, it looks like this is old info on the website and it is indeed possible to have drinks in the lounge & have vouchers on the card to use elsewhere.

5 hours ago, CCC3 said:

The issue was resolved!  Apparently we had been going to the overflow room of the DL (clearly marked as the D and D+ Lounge) and the REAL D and D+ Lounge was around the corner.  Totally our mistake (and at least 2 others that night).    Perhaps the overflow venue (looked like a dance/music venue) was possibly booked for something else or may not have been needed.  We felt like diamond dummies!  

Glad you found the correct location of the D lounge. 

So there was really nothing to be resolved, as the D lounge was not closed for a private function. 

So in summary the overflow lounge was the one closed for a private party, but the diamond lounge was fully open as it was the previous nights?  Do we have that right?  

Hope so

m

28 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

Yes, note 6 describes the Exclusive Nightly Event which is the 3 vouchers. Note 7 says there would be no Exclusive Nightly Event (i.e. no 3 x vouchers). So note 7 is saying ignore note 6! My use of the text "(3 drink vouchers on SeaPass card during Happy Hour)" was just to clarify what the Exclusive Nightly Event was. 🙂

Anyway, it looks like this is old info on the website and it is indeed possible to have drinks in the lounge & have vouchers on the card to use elsewhere.

No the Exclusive Nightly Event only on MJ and the Three nightly drink vouchers are separate things.

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Glad you found the correct location of the D lounge. 

So there was really nothing to be resolved, as the D lounge was not closed for a private function. 

So in summary the overflow lounge was the one closed for a private party, but the diamond lounge was fully open as it was the previous nights?  Do we have that right?  

Hope so

m

I believe so.  

On 9/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Something really seems off. On our Symphony TA they used the DL, The Attic and Jazz on 4 every night for happy hour.  There was no slowdown in service at all and drinks were flowing like water.  Have seen someone post on here that the DL may become the D+ lounge. Hope you get some good info. enjoy your cruise. 

Yes, they handled way more C&A members on that TA.  While there were times I couldn’t find a chair in the overflow lounges, I never really had a problem getting a drink.  In fact, it was the most high level C&A cruise I have ever been on and I felt like they went out of their way to make us happy despite the mass numbers of us.

jc