2020 World Cruise Blog?

xrvlcruiser

Peggy, does this mean you won't be on board?  (Or perhaps you're going to enjoy the experience from an alternative point of view?!)

Yes, please count me in amongst those who love to follow cruise blogs of all kinds, but especially those of Regent people!

1 hour ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Hi Gill,

I'll be there! But I too enjoy reading other people's impressions of the trip.

And yes, I read "alternate points of view" as well.

Peggy

I agree, it's fun to see a different point of view - a bit like being in all places at once 😂  One way of being sure you're not missing out, that's for sure!  Sorry we won't see you this time - but if you're on in 2021... 😉

• 4 weeks later...

My friends and family back home would be terribly disappointed if I didn't write a blog of our cruises.

I am happy to share our 2020 World Cruise experience with anyone who wishes to follow us on the voyage. I will post it on Cruise Critic and also invite all of you to subscribe to my blog...it will arrive in your Inbox! (No spamming promised).  I am currently upgrading the blog.  When it's ready for publication, I will share the link.

Best,

Marcia

• Like 6

On 10/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, Art Instructor2 said:

My friends and family back home would be terribly disappointed if I didn't write a blog of our cruises.

I am happy to share our 2020 World Cruise experience with anyone who wishes to follow us on the voyage. I will post it on Cruise Critic and also invite all of you to subscribe to my blog...it will arrive in your Inbox! (No spamming promised).  I am currently upgrading the blog.  When it's ready for publication, I will share the link.

Best,

Marcia

Looking forward to your Blog...both on CC and on your link. It is so much fun to read about other's experiences. We also always do a Blog mainly for our kids and grandkids. But it also really helps us remember the trip. Especially since Dick and I travel together but separately. So we work together to write it so we don't miss anything LOL! 

I know you will have a wonderful time, we sure did on the Navigator's 2018 WC. Regent does such a nice job on their long voyages.

Looking forward to your link.

Carolyn

• Like 1

We are really looking forward to it, Marcia.  We are booked on the 2021 so we will live vicariously through you a year ahead of time.  I always plan on writing a blog, but time and internet quality always come between me and my best made plans.  I do plan on bringing my laptop on the WC, in addition to my iPad, so that I can communicate on a more stable device.  Have a wonderful time planning your trip.  It won't be long now.

• Like 1

I am counting down the days!  My "to do" list keeps growing along with the packing list.  We are so excited! 

If I inspire others to write their own blog - wonderful!  If I inspire others to book Regent cruises - even better! Of the cruise lines we've taken voyages on, we think Regent is the very best.   

Thank you for the good wishes!

Marcia

• Like 2

As promised, here is the link to my blog:  https://consultm2.blogspot.com/

I have a 2015 cruise blog on the site now, to give you a preview of my writing style and sense of focus.  It can all change on the 2020 World Cruise, so if that happens, you can discover the evolution with me. Rather than writing a travel guide, the blog is written from a personal perspective, as seen through my eyes, while our experience unfolds.   

The blog offers an option to subscribe.  if you do, you'll receive a post the minute it's published. (No spamming, I promise!)

Please join us, albeit vicariously, for this extraordinary world cruise!

Best,

Marcia

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As promised, I am updating all of you with information about my 2020 World Cruise blog.  

Click on this the link:  https://consultm2.blogspot.com/

There are three new posts. You may read all the post online, from time to time, or subscribe and you will receive an email notifying you of a new post. 

Please sail along with me!  Wishing all of you a happy, healthy 2020!

Best,

Marcia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Island Girl

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Leading up to an informative muster on embarkation day, we spent the last two days in California, packing three additional suitcases, attending the Gala (it was!) and getting to the pier on time, thanks to our family. 

All of the luggage arrived from different places: our carry-ons, the porter at the pier who helped us with one large suitcase and from Luggage Forward, who impressively delivered three large suitcases to our suite. With all our bags in the room, we had but one purpose for the next few hours....unpacking it all! Knowing that Angel, our stewardess, would be preparing our room for evening turndown, we felt the pressure to complete the task before dinner. 

Mission accomplished. The closet is very full! Unpacking was a whirlwind of activity, so today, the first of our five consecutive seas days, will be spent organizing the closet, drawers and our room, in general. Last night, with the empty suitcases stored under the bed, we drifted off to sleep being rocked by the Mariner.

After boarding, we met friends for lunch in the Compass Rose where the chef prepared special selections for the world cruisers. It was a delightful reunion and a delicious meal. Lunch was followed by a tour of the ship, fresh to our eyes, because the Mariner looks very different from our last voyage on this ship. There are two or three spots that will probably become favorites. One is the Coffee Connection!! It's a very large space with many beverage options, light morsels for nibbling and plenty of tables for visiting with friends, relaxing, playing board games and in my case, creating art. Regent has done a stellar job of providing this wonderful space.

The ship is beautiful. The crew are gracious and welcoming. This is our first full day on board, and while the seas are a bit rough, we're able to get around without any issues. The wifi works intermittently, but I will attribute that to all of the guests who are probably online, just like I am!

I'm feeling very Hawaiian after making a lei this morning. I'm wearing a gorgeous string of orchids that will still be fresh when we dock in Honolulu on January 30th. Already an island girl!

Subscribe to receive an email notice of a new post: https://consultm2.blogspot.com