On the Constellation now 9/22 to 10/1 Barcelona to Rome!

trishtoro

I boarded the Constellation yesterday (9/22) after spending two nights in Barcelona and I wanted to share that I just love this ship! We are in a Sky Suite (1) stateroom 6125 and it’s simply beautiful with so much storage! We brought 4 suitcases and still have empty shelves/cabinets in our stateroom to give you and idea of how much space there is.

If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer. Today is an at sea day but the rest of the cruise is pretty port intens

986C301D-D693-4E9D-BD93-F5FF7AEBC371.jpeg

E45202DD-4DB8-4B17-91D6-8BFAD2D32BAB.jpeg

4FDEF3DD-C911-4349-8BDB-47FF7D98BB7A.jpeg

85D781CB-E944-4541-99D9-D8CE584B4805.jpeg

1AE77D70-01F0-4F0A-AC63-D2289FDC51A2.jpeg

D9AE79C2-8AC5-468D-A6B0-E3E78DEABA7F.jpeg

6B2FD461-9B88-4459-8747-2027F2575212.jpeg

B5792DBD-31A4-45FC-951E-62F8F9449E37.jpeg

E14D92A2-8DAB-4C96-A246-C1759466706D.jpeg

297CF539-7021-49B4-A905-EB5CA4F4E8E1.jpeg

6EB7E75D-382A-44DA-B17D-9090566AA9A7.jpeg

F7EF1257-4CCD-429F-B5CB-6F11084438A6.jpeg

Have a great time!  Will be following any future posts. Can't wait to hear all about Connie.  Have not been on her in several years

We  are booked in 6115, S2 out of Tampa  for 2021, and really appreciate the pics of  the S1.  Gives us an idea if the updated decor.  I think we may have a lifeboat???

How is the view from this  suite? 

The tub seems a bit of a high step over.  Is it hard to get in and out?

ENJOY!

9 hours ago, hcat said:

Have a great time!  Will be following any future posts. Can't wait to hear all about Connie.  Have not been on her in several years

We  are booked in 6115, S2 out of Tampa  for 2021, and really appreciate the pics of  the S1.  Gives us an idea if the updated decor.  I think we may have a lifeboat???

How is the view from this  suite? 

The tub seems a bit of a high step over.  Is it hard to get in and out?

ENJOY!

This is my first cruise in like 20 years and my first time on Connie.

l saw equipment below the staterooms to the right of mine, so lower odd numbers. I have more of an open platform below mine with some sort of box. I too was concerned about some sort of obstruction due to the equipment but honestly just look out to the water and don’t hang over your railing and look down and it’s not a big deal at all! When I get back to my stateroom I’ll take a photo if I remember.

Now the bathtub, you’re right it is high! I’m in my mid forties, but have MS so balance is an issue. I was thinking that someone much older than me or with a worse disability might need their spouse or partner to help them especially when the ship is moving. It is a very high swing for your legs to get in. I am 5 ft 6 and would say the tub is up to my knees or higher

even. There is a grab bar to hold on to when getting in, and when I get out, I use the sink to hold on to. It’s not terrible but the last thing I want is to get hurt on vacation so I’m extra cautious.

Trish

4 hours ago, johnoli said:

We have just got off Constellation. The cruise was brilliant and Alexandro the CD was superb. He has gone on leave now and his next ship is the Eclipse.

Have a great cruise.

John

Manuel is here now and seems great so far!

Cabin looks great as it is.   Hope it keeps its charm when it is updated!

We looked into switching to it  for our Jan 2021,  sailing but it would be over a

$1, 000 more pp to switch nowm  so we'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

Hope all going well onboard!

Connie was my first ever Celebrity ship and Alejandro was the CD (as mentioned by a PP even though I appreciate he is no longer on board), so a great introduction to Celebrity!  We are booked on her again next year (Europe) and then out of Tampa in 2021 and hoping to get Alejandro at least once more as CD - we've had more than our fair share of luck with that as we seem to follow him around.  We've not sailed on Connie since so really looking forward to following along.

It is the height of the bath tub that puts me off booking a suite - well, that and the cost 😉.  Baths that look like the ones in your photo are probably the norm in the UK and whilst at 5'10 with decent mobility, I can manage, I still much prefer a walk-in shower especially when the ship is in motion.

14 hours ago, Exc said:

Can you please check to see if they are selling the newest iPhones and apple watches?

i have a lot of obc.

Unless they have changed Celebrity only sell iPads, not phones.

We have bought an iPad mini in 2015 and an iPad Pro in 2018. Excellent price for us in UK, as there is no VAT and the exchange rate was certainly in my favour in 2015.

Pleas keep us up to date on your observations of Connie (pics would be great). We will be boarding Oct 1st! We too have a Sky suite 6115. Would like to read your observation of the ship overall. First time on this class of ship through X. We are Elite and love sailing X but just a little concern about this class of ship. It was all about the itinerary that drew us in. 

Cheers! 

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Cabin looks great as it is.   Hope it keeps its charm when it is updated!

We looked into switching to it  for our Jan 2021,  sailing but it would be over a

$1, 000 more pp to switch nowm  so we'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

Hope all going well onboard!

I agree that it looks great now! What are you booked on for January?

6 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Connie was my first ever Celebrity ship and Alejandro was the CD (as mentioned by a PP even though I appreciate he is no longer on board), so a great introduction to Celebrity!  We are booked on her again next year (Europe) and then out of Tampa in 2021 and hoping to get Alejandro at least once more as CD - we've had more than our fair share of luck with that as we seem to follow him around.  We've not sailed on Connie since so really looking forward to following along.

It is the height of the bath tub that puts me off booking a suite - well, that and the cost 😉.  Baths that look like the ones in your photo are probably the norm in the UK and whilst at 5'10 with decent mobility, I can manage, I still much prefer a walk-in shower especially when the ship is in motion.

Thank you! And I get that about the height of the tub but I have to say even being shorter, with a balance issue, I am getting more and more comfortable with the tub each day.  A walk in shower would be lovely though...