I wish Princess would....

Loritd

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I know that obviously the larger ships cannot visit the smaller ports. But wouldn't it be nice if one of the smaller ships was available in the Caribbean on a regular basis to do these "special" itineraries? I think there would be a clientele who would be willing to pay more. 🙂 

Princess only has 1 small ship - Pacific Princess.

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Amber Cove is not an island.  It is located on the north shore of Dominican Republic, just north-west of Puerto Plata.

Ok, it’s not an island. My bad. But is it a private port of call like Princess Cay, Labadee, etc.?

6 minutes ago, richsea said:

Ok, it’s not an island. My bad. But is it a private port of call like Princess Cay, Labadee, etc.?

Yes.  It is a tract of land, developed by Carnival Corp.  Princess is not the only user (in fact they seem to use it least from my casual observation of Caribbean itineraries).  From a visit there by my wife, as well as pictures, it seems a lot like The Grand Turk location, in other words, a tract of land on a larger island (albeit the DR/Haiti is a very large island).  It has more water play area with a zip line.  I believe it has Buffet's as well. 

I wish Princess would actually assign and confirm a table for 2 (late traditional dining) in advance.   You have to  check on boarding every time, and hope they can accommodate your wish even though it's written on all your documents.  For some it is important (think hearing issues) to the enjoyment of your cruise.

7 hours ago, knippsel said:

I wish Princess would actually assign and confirm a table for 2 (late traditional dining) in advance.   You have to  check on boarding every time, and hope they can accommodate your wish even though it's written on all your documents.  For some it is important (think hearing issues) to the enjoyment of your cruise.

Actual table assignments are made on board by dining room management and are not made until just a few days before embarkation.