I wish Princess would....

Loritd

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

How was cruising 20 years ago?

A lot cheaper, going back to that would be a wonderful innovation.  Say when you get to Elite you can have one "short" cruise at the 20 year old price!!

I’m not sure about cheaper.

20 years ago we did a cruise to Tasmania on Pacific Princess, in 10 weeks we do a cruise to Tasmania on Majestic Princess. This time we pay $100 each more than 20 years ago, but that was a guarantee balcony, this is a mini suite.

25 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I wish Princess would do a better job Stopping all the chairs hogs. 😡 I’m tired of getting up at 5:00 a.m. and all the chairs by the pool are taken. 

5E1635F4-C3DC-40F6-9594-0CA7DC0FBC1A.jpeg

I get up at 4am with my pile of shoes and books brought onboard just to “reserve” chairs. 

33 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I wish Princess would do a better job Stopping all the chairs hogs. 😡 I’m tired of getting up at 5:00 a.m. and all the chairs by the pool are taken. 

Maybe you should take a garbage bag and gather up everything that’s sitting on the chairs and then set the bag off to the side. 

• Haha 1

Update their brochures and paperwork on what the true dress is for both non formal and formal nights then enforce it in all areas it applies.

HDMI access for passengers on all TVs.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, casofilia said:

A lot cheaper

I disagree. Relative to the cost of living, cruising is much more affordable now. More ships. More competition. Lower prices. My upcoming Caribbean cruise is almost the same price as the one I took in 2012. Everything else about the vacation is higher, (airfare, rental car, hotel, restaurant meals). But the cruise fare is almost dead even. Slight uptick in gratuities and Crown Grill. Same corkage fee. Coffee card/package is slightly higher now. But all  in, there is no way I could make the case that my cruise is so much more expensive that I have to pine away for days gone by. 

• Like 4

Replace the current drink card in the Elite/Platnum Lounge with the card this one replaced.  And, open the lounge at 3:00 pm instead of 4:00 pm so those who have a 5:00 table in the MDR does not have to run down the hall way with drink in hand.

Bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tatka said:

You beat me to it!!!

Not sure why Princess discontinued indoor pools. I understand Royal class has different design, but Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby easily could have one of 4 indoor ones!

Ships that sail to New England/Canada during the Fall must have it. We only consider ships with this feature for these itins and it is the only itin from Northeast.

- Speaking of which. I wish Princess reinstated Bermuda/Caribbean itin from NYC.

I understand that the Majestic has one (I think it's in the Hollywood Solarium, or something like that...I'm sailing her in January 2020). However, it doesn't look like the Sky or Enchanted the same pool from what I see on the deck plans. I could be wrong about that though.

Arlene

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

revamp the FCD program , limiting using a $100 FCD as a placeholder until final payment, for a cruise more than a year out ...

at the one year point, you cancel or put up the regular deposit required

Any FCD used to book a cruise inside of a year is completely NON-refundable and NON-transferable ... STRICTLY ENFORCED ...

Ditto.  Agree 100%.

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Has anyone ever asked a MD why this is done?

my best guess is i tend to see the people manning the elevators and directing people are not your typical front of house staff.  i feel like i see more entertainment staff and maybe maintenance people, so they might not know better if they don't normally direct people and are just staffing a spot for basic traffic control,keeping the embarkation elevator lobbies clear.  easiest thing is to direct everyone to lido where there are few rooms and lots of wide open space and food.

just a guess, but it seems to jive with what i have personally observed

1. Dump Princess Live

2. Bring back Explorer's Lounge

3. Sell a "soda only" package

4. Fix the stupid schedule on MUTS   Too much "down" time and movies start at weird times.  On a sea day (formal night), they had a movie that finished up at 10:30am.  Then they had nothing until around noon when they played a concert.  They had a movie start at 3.  The movie was a good one, but most people had to leave half way through to go get ready for dinner/pictures etc.  They should play the movie earlier and then mid afternoon do concerts as people are coming and going.   And, please, no Mama Mia!

• Like 3

Allow UK cruisers the same T&Cs our friends across the pond have, in relation to re faring, changing cabins , changing cruises etc etc

Stop wasting so much paper on Effy / Art Auction / Spa package adverts. 

Make  a sale a sale and not keep fiddling with prices going up and down to look like a sale.

Introduce new ports or mix them up a little.

Enforce dress codes or do away with them completely.

I could go on........

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Gotta Cruise was referring to the lies that the crew tell us when we board the ship and ask which MDR is open for lunch that day.  Why must the staff lie to us and try to direct us to the Buffet?

In many cases they might not be lying, just don't know that a dining room is open.

I was on one Princess ship and mentioned the embarkation day dining room lunch to an experienced CD. It turned out he never knew that the dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day. And he oversees the Patter which lists that information.

If the CD does not know about the dining room being open, possibly the staff that keep directing people to the buffet do not know about it either.

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I've always "obsessed" about this and have always checked the internet in advance to get sunrise/sunset and lunar phase times before our trips. (Both cruises and land-based).  Easy information to find in advance. 

Easy to find the info for ports. No so easy to find for when you will be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

4. Fix the stupid schedule on MUTS   Too much "down" time and movies start at weird times. 

On several cruises the movie times were such that nobody at second seating could see an entire evening movie.

Before dinner the movie would not end by 2nd seating time. And the next showing would start before 2nd seating people could finish their meals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Make  a sale a sale and not keep fiddling with prices going up and down to look like a sale.

A new sale does not have to mean that it is a better value than the previous sale.

An automobile deal's sale this week could have higher pricing than last week's deal.

Lettuce on sale at a grocery store this week does not mean this week's sales price is lower than last week's sale price.

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't need to have a conversation in the theater while the show is on but I do wish they would tone down the volume! The music is sooooooooo freaking loud. I also wish they would stop shining the dang white lights in the eyes of the people watching the show. Nobody likes that, It's freaking blinding and serves no purpose. With MUTS I often have difficulty even understanding what is being said as the volume can sometimes be very low unless you are sitting in exactly the right spot.

Agree.

Besides the blinding strobe lights, and jet plane sound volume,  the “chair hogs” in the Princess Theater.

I’m on the Crown now.    Last night a chair hog saved 9 seats third row center for her group.  These inconsiderate, and rude  PAXs showed up half way through the show, and made everyone in the row stand up to let them get to their seats.    

Princess did not make any announcement  for PAX not to save seats, as they should do.  

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Allow UK cruisers the same T&Cs our friends across the pond have, in relation to re faring, changing cabins , changing cruises etc etc

And Australian cruisers as well. On a recent cruise on the Royal the future cruise office had signs for a sale with up to $1,000 OBC etc. My first question was if the deal was available to non US passengers and after a while the staff member said no. Funnily enough there were three US passengers that overheard the conversation and they took up my case - I just had to stand there and watch! Not the staff members fault of course, but it does my head in why non US people get shafted on cruise deals. 

Rant over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Agree.

Besides the blinding strobe lights, and jet plane sound volume,  the “chair hogs” in the Princess Theater.

I’m on the Crown now.    Last night a chair hog saved 9 seats third row center for her group.  These inconsiderate, and rude  PAXs showed up half way through the show, and made everyone in the row stand up to let them get to their seats.    

Princess did not make any announcement  for PAX not to save seats, as they should do.  

It sounds like they're regressing with the announcements. 

Was there still room for everyone to find seats in the Show Lounge?