Wedding suggestions

mlewing

That's going to be a pretty personal decision, based on what you enjoy and will get the most out of. There are so many options and not a lot of resources! 

I was on a 7 day Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas last June for my cousin's wedding. They used a planner on St. Thomas (not through the ship) and got married at Frederick Lutheran Church in Charlotte Amalie, and then transportation/island tour to a beachfront restaurant for an open air reception. The hurricane had badly damaged the church, so they had the ceremony in the fellowship building. And instead of the bride and groom's names printed on the "programs" at the reception, it was the bride and bride's mom's names! That's one of the things you'll have to be ready to be ok with - it will more than likely not turn out the way you planned no matter where you end up (either on the ship, on shore, embarkation day, etc), but like theirs, it will be full of awesome memories! Everyone had a good laugh at the programs, and it didn't dampen the party at all. The wedding planner was excellent at directing people where we needed to be and when we needed to be there. We were picked up as planned, brought back to the ship in plenty of time. 

Being on an Oasis class gave everyone plenty to do, and was big enough to give the bride and groom some time away from everyone if they wanted it, but organized enough that we could all get together, too. There were about 40 of us total. Ages 6 months to 80.

I've not been part of a wedding on any other itinerary or cruise line, so I can't speak to any others specifically, but if beaches aren't your thing, New England was my favorite cruise! So different than your typical Caribbean. And if the wedding is going to be on board, you don't have to worry about "wedding spots" for your ports, you can choose any destinations you're interested in!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

• Thanks 1

Hands down Celebrity cruises.  Per their press lease below:

MIAMI, FL  October 11, 2017 – Today, Celebrity Cruises is proud to announce that same-sex marriages performed on board are now legally recognized, marking a historic first for the modern luxury brand.

The motion follows a transformative vote in Malta, where a majority of the Celebrity fleet is registered, which passed the country’s parliament 66-1. The long-awaited referendum opens the door for Celebrity to legally recognize same-sex marriages performed on board, and have the fleet’s captains officiate the ceremonies.

"Celebrity Cruises has a long history of supporting the LGBTQ+ community, and I cannot think of a more important time in our history than right now to do all we can to support inclusion. I am absolutely thrilled to announce that starting today, we welcome same-sex couples to marry on our ships while in international waters," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "This is one for the history books!" 

“Celebrity Weddings has already hosted many same-sex weddings in the U.S., Mexico, and the Caribbean, where legal,” said Barbara Whitehall, Managing Director, The Wedding Experience. “We are ecstatic that this new Malta ruling opens up marriage equality for anyone and everyone sailing with Celebrity Cruises while in international waters.”

The Celebrity Weddings program offers onboard ceremonies and destination weddings for lovebirds. The Nautical Nuptials at Sea package includes a Captain-led ceremony, an event coordinator's services, live music, one hour of photography, cake for two, bottle of Champagne, a bouquet and boutonniere, plus additional romantic turn down amenities post-ceremony.

About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents incredible cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We are "getting married" with NCL in May. We're exchanging vows and taking photos - but signing he papers when we get home (on my soon-to-be wife's parents anniversary). They were super chill on the phone with me. I told them I didn't want the wedding package - just the photographer and a quiet hour somewhere where we can take uninterrupted photos - they accommodated no problem (so far). Congratulations and know that no matter with whom you book - you'll have a great time.

Edited by steph.harris81