Best Beach In Cozumel

Katelynw98

My fiance and I are going on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel in January 2020, and we need to know which is the best beach to go to.  I have been to Chankanaab before, and I liked it but I really would like a more "beachy" place to go.  We also want to be adventurous such as snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, etc. Thanks in advance! 

12 hours ago, Katelynw98 said:

My fiance and I are going on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel in January 2020, and we need to know which is the best beach to go to.  I have been to Chankanaab before, and I liked it but I really would like a more "beachy" place to go.  We also want to be adventurous such as snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, etc. Thanks in advance! 

If you want a beach, Nachi Cocom is nice as it is $55pp and they have a pool, nice beach, great service and they limit the number of people per day.  They offer a snorkeling tour for additional $$.  

• Like 1

I agree with tkportersat, Nacho Cocom is great - you have to make reservations online ahead of time, (http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com ), they only let a set number of people in, I think it's now 130. It's all inclusive, great drinks, great service, great food and great beach.  

If you don't want all inclusive I would go to Paradise Beach. For $3 you get a wristband to enter, they do ask that you spend $10 pp on food or drink. The beach there is a bit rocky, head to the right end of the beach as you face the water. For an additional $18 you can use all the water toys. 

Just take a taxi from the port for either one. There will be plenty of taxis at Paradise to take you back, your server at Nachi will call one for you when you're ready to leave. We have told our server what time we need to leave when we first get there.... or we may not make it back in time 😂

• Like 2

I would have to agree Nachi Cocom is the best.  We just got back from there last week, there was maybe 50 people total all day--never crowded, service was awesome.  The view is great, no water toys to look at.  Paradise Beach now has an all inclusive rate, i believe they are all the same price $55.  Paradise Beach and Mr. Sancho's have a limit of 450 per day.  They were both very crowded.  It was a $17 taxi ride from the port.

Nachi Cocom.jpg

Edited by carib1
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, carib1 said:

I would have to agree Nachi Cocom is the best.  We just got back from there last week, there was maybe 50 people total all day--never crowded, service was awesome.  The view is great, no water toys to look at.  Paradise Beach now has an all inclusive rate, i believe they are all the same price $55.  Paradise Beach and Mr. Sancho's have a limit of 450 per day.  They were both very crowded.  It was a $17 taxi ride from the port.

Nachi Cocom.jpg

Nice pic

56 minutes ago, carib1 said:

Nachi Cocom.jpg

Are there a lot of kids at this one or is it mainly adults? It’s beautiful!

I have been to Nachi Cocom 4 times and have seen very few kids.  There are less activities for them than some of the other beaches so it offers a great relaxing visit for adults. 😁

If you go, and I cannot stress this enough, get the vanilla ice cream for dessert.  I am not a vanilla ice cream person, to me it's more like the plate to hold toppings if I do have to eat it.  But this ice cream now occurs in my dreams. As soon as I know I have a cruise booked that goes to Cozumel, I book Nachi.  Every time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Katelynw98 said:

Start from Paradise Beach and go south, to Playa Mia, to Mr Sanchos, to Nachi Cocom, to Palancar Beach! All are great beaches and all offer different things!

Do your research on prices, offerings, pools, costs, etc., but all have great swimming beaches!

None have dolphins!

Edited by AmBear

We'll be in Cozumel for the first time in early December. Have a few questions.

How's the snorkeling at Nachi-Cocom if we just swam around by ourselves, without the tour? We don't need a spectacular reef with hundreds of fish, but we'd like a place to see some marine life. We thought about just doing a little snorkeling at the beach near the pier in Progreso, but I've read that's pretty baron, so might want to find a better place.

Nachi's 4-course lunch says Mexican specialties and Caribbean treats. Admittedly, my son & I are picky eaters. Does anyone know what their lunch menu is like?

We've always had to do summer cruises in the past because of school. This will be our first winter cruise. What are the water temps like in early December for this area? Comfortable?

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

We'll be in Cozumel for the first time in early December. Have a few questions.

How's the snorkeling at Nachi-Cocom if we just swam around by ourselves, without the tour? We don't need a spectacular reef with hundreds of fish, but we'd like a place to see some marine life. We thought about just doing a little snorkeling at the beach near the pier in Progreso, but I've read that's pretty baron, so might want to find a better place.

Nachi's 4-course lunch says Mexican specialties and Caribbean treats. Admittedly, my son & I are picky eaters. Does anyone know what their lunch menu is like?

We've always had to do summer cruises in the past because of school. This will be our first winter cruise. What are the water temps like in early December for this area? Comfortable?

Snorkeling is not reportedly very good since it is sandy without taking the boat but no personal experience. 

If you google “Nachi menu” you will find several online photos of menu - ignore prices es if you are paying for day pass.

water temps are fine if the weather is good enough - sometimes a storm comes through in December and it can be cold and windy.

Edited by c-leg5

14 hours ago, Vitamin Sea Addict said:

Nachi Cocum hands down. Not only do they control the amount of people but the service is amazing. The multiple courses of food + alcohol alone is a money value. But the experience is perfect. We have been 3x and have booked a cruise specifically because it visits Cozumel.

Can’t wait to go there in Feb!

21 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

We thought about just doing a little snorkeling at the beach near the pier in Progreso, but I've read that's pretty baron

I wouldn't describe the baron as pretty but he had an interesting visage that had local character and charm.

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

?????? It doesn't matter what side of the island you are in, Cozumel is in the Gulf of Mexico and not the Atlantic. 

Oh brother....really?  I’m sorry the EASTERN side, the side facing the Caribbean Sea, the side not facing the Yucatán peninsula, not the north or south or west side, to the side, the other side from San Miguel.  Oh and the side commonly referred to as the ATLANTIC SIDE

• Like 1

Look up El Cielo.  Its too far to get by taxi but several companies go there by boat.

We used Fishing with Pedro.  It was the best day.  He will take you deep sea fishing, snorkeling and then to chill at el cielo.  it was beautiful there.  He also made us some fresh ceviche with the fish we caught.   He was so friendly.  We rented a small boat for our family so it was a nice private tour.   

Edited by brookeq