Question on Snorkeling in Belize

Me and my SO will be traveling on a western Caribbean cruise w/ Norwegian in December, and I'm a worrier to say the least... but especially of one portion of our trip. I am incredibly excited to snorkel and see what the second largest reef in the world looks like, unfortunately, I have a fear of jellyfish, and although I'm sure a sting from the common types probably don't hurt THAT much, I still get anxious thinking about it! I'm hoping some of you here can calm my fears! I've read the horror stories, but i know that if it was really that prevalent then no one would ever go on these excursions. 

Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

Jellyfish are typically after a "hatch" - 

I don't have experience in Belize with JF, but we did experience a hatch in Cozumel - mid august, I think.  We were at Mr. Sanchos just hanging out in the water.  I could feel the zaps on my legs, but had a lot of fun just batting them away on top of the water.  They weren't scary at all, and they were heavier in some areas, and there weren't any 50 feet down the beach.

The lifeguard stations all had vinegar (which helps with the sting - - - so does mustard lol) and we developed little red bumps, kind of like mosquito bites the following couple days.

I know the idea of jellyfish can be scary - just ask your tour operator.  They should be up front, and let you know for sure whats going on and what their plan is.

Now if you go to Australia, that is a different story!  But Belize, you should be just fine!  :)