Cruise Critic Community
skeeter195

NCL Joy room 18132

Has anyone stayed in room 18132 on the Joy.  It looks much bigger than the other H5 rooms except for the handicapped H5.  Also are there any problems with the room that anyone knows of(noise, traffic, etc).

Thanks a lot in advance

I have seen where the Joy and Bliss are referenced as "sister" ships but it looks like the deck plans are a bit different.  I find this site very helpful in trying to understand the cabin or deck plan layouts. From what I can see, deck 18 is different between the two ships but both show H5 cabins.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Norwegian-Bliss

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Norwegian-Joy

Yes they are sister ship and from the same class of ship but the Joy was originally purpose built for the Asian market and after not doing well and the Alaskan mark and bliss doing so well the joy was then sent to dry dock and reconfigured  to change from Asian built to USA config 

After researching more I see that the H5's are changing to HE's and HF's after September 2020.  The HE's are being listed as larger cabins.  It does not say though what is bigger, the room itself, balcony or both.  I wish I could find pictures of 18132 as it does look to be the largest non handicapped and the only HE on deck 18.

27 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

It does not say though what is bigger, the room itself, balcony or both. 

The balconies are larger.

28 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

I wish I could find pictures of 18132 as it does look to be the largest non handicapped and the only HE on deck 18.

More than likely, it is only the balcony that is wider (not deeper) in 18132. On deck 17, the H5s that are closer to the "Haven wall" are slightly wider than standard H5 balconies. Those are also deeper since they are on deck 17. I suspect that 18132 is wider like the one under it but isn't any deeper than the others on deck 18. 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:54 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

The balconies are larger.

More than likely, it is only the balcony that is wider (not deeper) in 18132. On deck 17, the H5s that are closer to the "Haven wall" are slightly wider than standard H5 balconies. Those are also deeper since they are on deck 17. I suspect that 18132 is wider like the one under it but isn't any deeper than the others on deck 18. 

Funny as I was just looking at this.  We stayed in a Haven Family Suite on the Jewel and the room was huge.  Especially the bedroom and as I was looking at these H5's on the Joy all the pictures and videos make these rooms look pretty darn small in comparison.  I just booked the last H5 (17732) on Joy for the Dec 22 sailing and thought maybe there was something wrong with it as it was the very last H5 available on this cruise.

But upon closer inspection it looks like its going to be a bit wider with a slightly larger balcony than the other H5's.

I attached some pics for reference.  You can see how the balcony has a bit more room and possibly an angled wall on the one side.  I would assume that 17132 and 18132 are the same.

Joy 17732.png

Joy 17732_dp.png

Here is a slightly higher res picture.

I'll take pics in December and measure out the room for reference.

Joy 17732.png

Posted (edited)

Got back from the Joy a little over a week ago.  The Balcony in 17732 was 17'2" long and 8'5" deep.

Pretty huge balcony for sure.  Nice trade off for a small room.

Edited by wilmingtech