Q Texas Smokehouse

bkrickles1

I'm sailing Encore in January and want to book Q for dinner.

My understanding is that they have live music there (my wife and daughter now love country music) and I'd like to make sure I make a reservation at a time that we can enjoy both the food and the live music.

So, I'm wondering from those that have eaten at Q on other ships, what's a good time to make a reservation and is it worth it?

TIA

Edit: I actually just found a review that says dinner is until 9pm and then live music starts. 

Edited by bkrickles1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, roscoe123 said:

When I had dinner at Q on the Bliss this month, our reservation was for 8:15 and the band was already playing when we sat down.  During our meal they took a break, then came on for their second set as we were leaving.

Thanks for the information. That's good to know. I made our reservation for 7:30 so, either way we'll stay and enjoy the music. What did you think about the restaurant and music?

TIA

On 9/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, bkrickles1 said:

I'm sailing Encore in January and want to book Q for dinner.

My understanding is that they have live music there (my wife and daughter now love country music) and I'd like to make sure I make a reservation at a time that we can enjoy both the food and the live music.

So, I'm wondering from those that have eaten at Q on other ships, what's a good time to make a reservation and is it worth it?

TIA

Edit: I actually just found a review that says dinner is until 9pm and then live music starts. 

On the Bliss, we ate early so didn’t see the band. Food is subjective, but we didn’t care all that much for it. The best thing on the menu was the pecan pie, one of the best I’ve ever had.

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Thanks for the information. That's good to know. I made our reservation for 7:30 so, either way we'll stay and enjoy the music. What did you think about the restaurant and music? TIA

The food was meh. Can't really get a good smoked BBQ on a ship with no open flames. 

We found the music on the Bliss to be obnoxiously loud. At one point, we were screaming at the waiter and still not communicating. 

Q is not high on the priority list for a revisit for dinner. After dinner music, it's fine. 

We enjoyed it as well.  I'm actually a KCBS bbq judge, so I went in not expecting too much, but everything we tried was pretty good.  When we were there, the band's first set was mostly acoustic... their second set was louder & had lots of people on the dance floor.  Plan your dinner conversation accordingly.  

• 1 year later...

By far the worst food on board. I ordered the BBQ combo platter everything was dried out Brisket, sausages so dry you could not even break in half with 2 hands.. When bringing it to the restaurant managers attention he told me they don't cook anything it comes precooked and they reheat it. Uhghh!! He offered a free meal another day and I quickly and politely declined knowing it will never live up to real BBQ.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:41 AM, BirdTravels said:

Can't really get a good smoked BBQ on a ship with no open flames.

Actually, the new Steven Raichlen Grill on the Windstar power yachts delivers excellent smoked meats following Raichlen's recipes.  So you can get "good smoked BBQ on a ship," just not NCL apparently.

• Like 1