Adaptors for Copenhagen

WELDON

I am going on a Baltic cruise next year. What type of adaptor should I buy to charge my phone?  I looked up adaptors and 4 different types of adaptors come up for Denmark.  I am staying 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza.  

The standard Continental Europe plug (Type E or K) is what you need. For your phone, all you need is the US (Type A or B)to standard Europe (not Britain- Type G)) plug. The problem with the Brits is they plug in on the other side of the road...hehehehe...got you @John Bull!!! 😋😂😁

If you have any other electronics..electric toothbrush, razor, for example, you will probably also need the transformer to step down the power to 115v. You need to check any of these to see if they can handle 230v. Your phone, and probably your tablet can. But others need to be checked.

21 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The standard Continental Europe plug (Type E or K) is what you need. For your phone, all you need is the US (Type A or B)to standard Europe (not Britain- Type G)) plug. The problem with the Brits is they plug in on the other side of the road...hehehehe...got you @John Bull!!! 😋😂😁

A little off subject.

The advantage of the UK plug is that it is very secure. When I was in Vietnam they had composite sockets that could take anything. My North American plugs couldn’t seem to stay plugged in (a problem when trying to charge a phone) but I had a UK adapter with me which held everything firmly. 

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The standard Continental Europe plug (Type E or K) is what you need.

This is not quite correct. The most common European plugs & sockets are the two round pin Type C (which is non-grounded) and Type F (where the grounding clips are on the side of the outlet):

Celectricity-tiles-type-C-200-px.jpg   Felectricity-tiles-type-F-200-px.jpg

Though it is true that in Denmark, it is also legal to install sockets of Type E or Type K:
Eelectricity-tiles-type-E-200-px.jpg   Kelectricity-tiles-type-K-200-px.jpg

Given the variety, the best option is to have a converter to either Type C (non-grounded) or the CEE 7/7 plug that has both the E-type female grounding contact and the F-type edge grounding clip:

electricity-type-C-plug-2-300x119.jpgelectricity-type-EF-plug-1-249x300.jpg

Since so many devices now charge via USB (phones, tablets, e-readers, etc) we often find it easiest to just bring a multi-port USB charger when we travel. Then we only need to find one outlet and one plug adapter to be able to charge several devices at once. We use a 50-watt charger, which is enough power to charge two tablets and two phones all at the same time.
6348855_sd.jpg;maxHeight=200;maxWidth=30

Edited by kaisatsu

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The problem with the Brits is they plug in on the other side of the road...hehehehe...got you @John Bull!!! 😋😂😁

Thought I wouldn't see this thread, eh Bruce ? :classic_tongue:

As per the Canuk's post, UK plugs/sockets are way more secure than US or continental ones - important since most adapters are big & heavy, and I've found that in both US & EU  sockets they often need supporting to avoid breaking contact. And the prongs on UK plugs don't bend out-of-shape.

But what else can we expect from Bruce, since US driving on the right is derived from driving ox-carts and UK driving on the left is derived from heraldic jousting tournaments. :classic_tongue: 

OK, I've not added anything to the thread, but I gotta respond to Bruce :classic_wink:

JB :classic_smile:

35 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Thought I wouldn't see this thread, eh Bruce ? :classic_tongue:

As per the Canuk's post, UK plugs/sockets are way more secure than US or continental ones - important since most adapters are big & heavy, and I've found that in both US & EU  sockets they often need supporting to avoid breaking contact. And the prongs on UK plugs don't bend out-of-shape.

Since Bruce notified you directly, with the @John Bull he was actually ensuring that you saw it.

If you are going to call us Canucks, please spell it correctly with 2 "C"s. 😉

24 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Since Bruce notified you directly, with the @John Bull he was actually ensuring that you saw it.

If you are going to call us Canucks, please spell it correctly with 2 "C"s. 😉

@JohnBull  didn't send a message to me :classic_huh:, I just happened onto this thread.

Aplogies for the mssing "c" in Canucks -  a typo n my arthritic keyboard tht doesn't lways connect.

(honest :classic_wink:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

@John Bull, you must have your notifications turned off..otherwise my doing the @John Bull was done specifically so you WOULD see it!

heeheeheehee, Bruce. :classic_wink:..........  they were (still are) turned-off.

This re-vamp of Cruise Critic is good in that I get a little note in the corner of any page to tell me when someone quotes me, but it was going too far down that road by flooding my in-box. So I set those notifications to go my junk-mail, where they enjoy the company of every insurance website where I've sought a quote and every website where I've ever bought anything on the web. :classic_rolleyes:

If you quote me in a post,  I'll come running :classic_smile:

ps, apologies to the OP for the fifth successive off-topic post  :classic_blush: