Buccaneer Bar

INeedAMaiTai

Has anyone visited this place?  How long was the taxi ride?  Was the food good?  Family friendly?  How much did the taxi cost to get there?  I keep seeing things about it and it looks like it is a blast!  Is there snorkeling right there next to the bar?  Were there larger taxis, like for 6 people?

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Has anyone visited this place?  How long was the taxi ride?  Was the food good?  Family friendly?  How much did the taxi cost to get there?  I keep seeing things about it and it looks like it is a blast!  Is there snorkeling right there next to the bar?  Were there larger taxis, like for 6 people?

Thanks in advance!

great reviews on TA. 

It's on the West End between The Lobster Pot (which is excellent) and West End Divers.  The beach is right there. Whether or not the Bar or the places next door have snorkeling and changing facilities I don't know.

Which ship are you on? Which port?  Distance from Mahogany Bay will cost more than from Coxen Hole.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g292019-d7289507-Reviews-The_Buccaneer-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Not to be confused with the Buccaneer Resort in French Harbor.

Taxi rates for 6 would run around $130+ RT.   ($50 for 2 + $20 pp 3 and up.)  Van taxis are available.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

great reviews on TA. 

It's on the West End between The Lobster Pot (which is excellent) and West End Divers.  The beach is right there. Whether or not the Bar or the places next door have snorkeling and changing facilities I don't know.

Which ship are you on? Which port?  Distance from Mahogany Bay will cost more than from Coxen Hole.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g292019-d7289507-Reviews-The_Buccaneer-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Not to be confused with the Buccaneer Resort in French Harbor.

Taxi rates for 6 would run around $130+ RT.   ($50 for 2 + $20 pp 3 and up.)  Van taxis are available.

I'll be on the Caribbean Princess in July 2021.  The only info I have is "Roatan, Honduras".  I've just heard good things and was thinking about venturing over there when we are in port.  Thanks!

You'll dock in Mahogany Bay.

May I suggest you contact Rony's Tours or Vicotor Bodden and ask for a custom island tour.  They can take you to  both Buccaneer and a beach club plus other things like zip lining, sloths and monkeys or Rum tasting or the craft brewery in the West End (both are walkable from the Bar). At least contact and check the prices.

You might save some transportation money and time as you'll have to get a different cab back if you only go to Buccaneers.  The Bar can call you one.

We had Buccaneer recommended to us by our private driver at the beginning of this year when I was corresponding for a private driver. I didn’t get any reviews when I asked on here but you will possibly find the old thread if the search engine is working. We didnt want a tour, just to be taken to and from West End.

We ended up staying at Ginger’s the whole time but we did see Buccaneer and I wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime if it wasn’t so difficult to find just “transport” on Roatan. It is easier to find shuttle services to and from West Bay but not West End.

Prices from private drivers on Roatan are fairly fixed and whilst $80 for two people to tour for the day is not excessive, I think $80 for a round trip to West End is. I have had better prices quoted from Captain Van ( at Crew’s suggestion) but haven’t had the chance to use him yet.

We use transport from Coxen Hole - Mahogany is further away.

Edited by c-leg5