Rony's and West Bay Beach....which is best?

iluvcruises

Planning to book through Rony's for our private tour.  I'm just confused about West Bay Beach.  Roy;s offers quite a variety of places to go at West Bay.  For example 

- West Bay Beach -free access *Free

- West Bay Beach - Infinity Bay * $25pp

- West Bay Beach - Mayan Princess $25  pp

- West Bay Beach - Bananarama $10pp

- West Bay Beach-  Beach club Day PAss $10pp.

ETC.

Is there one better area then the other?  And which on comes highliy recommended.!

32 minutes ago, iluvcruises said:

Planning to book through Rony's for our private tour.  I'm just confused about West Bay Beach.  Roy;s offers quite a variety of places to go at West Bay.  For example 

- West Bay Beach -free access *Free

- West Bay Beach - Infinity Bay * $25pp

- West Bay Beach - Mayan Princess $25  pp

- West Bay Beach - Bananarama $10pp

- West Bay Beach-  Beach club Day PAss $10pp.

ETC.

Is there one better area then the other?  And which on comes highliy recommended.!

What facilities do you require?

Where is the last one?

there are lots of places on West Bay and he can take you to any but it depends what you are looking for- food, pool, loungers, snorkeling?

Free Access doesn't give you loungers or potties. 

The easy access to boat free reef snorkeling is directly in front of Infinity Bay, they also have a pool. 

Mayan Princess is father along on the beach, perhaps a 7 min walk to Infinity,  they also have a pool. 

Bananarama is closer to Infinity and does not have a pool. 

I don't understand the last one. 

I would choose Paradise Beach Club, it is two property lines from Infinity, they have more shoreline and if I get tired of the crazy on the beach I can retire to a hidden pool. 

If I had children who wanted to snorkel I would choose Infinity, this way parents could trade off who was in the water and the whole family could still see each other. 

We did bananarama on our own a few years ago.   Its just a lounge chair on a small strip of beach.  They have some facilities and a restaurant.  You can walk to the snorkel area.  We didn't get to because huge storms rolled in.   

This last trip we used ronys and we did a sloth and monkey tour first.  It was a crowded ship day and by the time we drove to west bay bananarama was full.  so was infinity.  Our driver got us some spots at henry morgan.  It had more space then bananarma.   It was also nice to have a pool.  We were too far from the snorkeling to walk.  We paid some locals to take us out on their boat.   It was worth it because we were away from the crowds.  The snorkeling was awesome.  

I think it depends what your plans are.  Do you want easy access to shallow water snorkeling.  then infinity or bananarama are the closest.   Do you want a pool and more amenities.  Then infinity or mayan princess or other clubs would be better.

I wouldn't do free beach access in roatan.  From our experience at banarama if you dont' have a lounger the locals are free to come up to you.  Anytime we left our lounger we were swarmed by vendors.   More than other beaches.  If you are at the beach clubs they are not allowed to come up on their property.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Paradise Beach Club a couple of times.  This last cruise we did a tour with Rony's and just walked all the way down the beach to the black lava rock wall and threw our towels down on the sand.  We didn't need pool or bathroom facilities, and it seemed the vendors did not care to walk all the way down to the dead end where we were.

• 3 weeks later...

So, if I am reading correctly, if we want Rony Monkey tour and west bay beach.  It would be $40 for tour and extra $25 for Mayan Princess or Infinity.  There is group of 15 of us, and some may want to snorkel.  Beach snorkel is free it looks like but if we want to get a boat to take us out, we have to pay extra. 

I was also looking at Daniel Johnson Monkey/Snorkelling and it is $55 for everything which includes snorkelling gear and beach stay at Las Palmas Resort.  Does anyone have input which would be better choice of tour?  I do like how Daniel Johnson price all laid out and we get guide for snorkeling as we all have limited snorkeling experience

• 3 weeks later...