$50 Deposits

sunonfire

On 9/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, tallnthensome said:

It's was there this morning on the main page under "book early and save" even on the newest ships promo. I booked a 7 day on the panorama for $50 per person deposit. I don't see it now on the website ..... strange. 

Beware of this gottcha:

If sometime in the future you decide to do a price check to see if you qualify for a cheaper price on your booking,,,,,, you see the price is less and you go for it,,,,,,, if the new price does not include the $50 deposit,,,, you will have to pay the full deposit or risk having your booking canceled without any notification. They may or may not advise you of this gottcha at time of price drop.

Just beware.

• Thanks 1

I’m a little confused with the reduced deposit perk.

Does that mean I pay $50 (example) deposit and that’s it for the deposit portion....in essence, an actual reduced total price overall?  

Or does the reduced deposit perk actually mean, it’s a savings for “now”, but before final payment date I need to pay the remainder of the regular deposit portion - as well as the regular cruise portion = no real total savings???

3 hours ago, lasekeye said:

I’m a little confused with the reduced deposit perk.

Does that mean I pay $50 (example) deposit and that’s it for the deposit portion....in essence, an actual reduced total price overall?  

Or does the reduced deposit perk actually mean, it’s a savings for “now”, but before final payment date I need to pay the remainder of the regular deposit portion - as well as the regular cruise portion = no real total savings???

There’s no real savings. You’ll still pay the full amount of the cruise.

Instead of paying the normal $250 per person deposit, you pay the promotional rate of $50 per person to secure your booking.

That's correct, you pay the $50 pp deposit now, to book the cruise. Farther down the road, the other $200 deposit becomes due. Along with the remainder  due, to pay the full cost of the cruise. Usually final payment is due a little later than the deposit remainder is.  In other words, you will probably make a total of 3 payments for your cruise. 

• Like 1

I fell for the $50 deposit on Saturday.  Booked a December 2020 cruise on the Breeze out of Ft Lauderdale.  Mentioned ever so casually to hubby, "Carnival has $50 per person deposit" and he said "book it!".  Done and Done.  We have our 35th anniversary cruise coming up this December on the Vista and now we have our 36th anniversary cruise booked.  My hubby always tells me "I hope we make it".  He better be careful or husband number two will be my guest!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, lasekeye said:

It's a savings for now -  the rest of what would be due in a normal deposit is deferred to the final payment.

We've used it because DH has health issues and the low deposit is cheaper to lose if we have to cancel before final payment than purchasing insurance that far out.  Right before final payment we'll buy insurance if he's looking like a "go".

We like a very specific area for our cabin and It seemed smarter to go that way for cruises we want to book that are over a year away.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GranysT said:

That's correct, you pay the $50 pp deposit now, to book the cruise. Farther down the road, the other $200 deposit becomes due. Along with the remainder  due, to pay the full cost of the cruise. Usually final payment is due a little later than the deposit remainder is.  In other words, you will probably make a total of 3 payments for your cruise. 

I went looking when I first saw this posting on Saturday and got a $100 deposit. I only have the one date showing for final payment due. There's no interim, deposit remainder due date.

This sale didn't help my daughter and her husband....The rest of our family booked a few months ago....when she didn't think she could go. She went to book when they had the $50 deposit a few days ago, it you can't use it on 9 day cruises...She paid $200 PP instead...

On 10/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, reeinaz said:

I went looking when I first saw this posting on Saturday and got a $100 deposit. I only have the one date showing for final payment due. There's no interim, deposit remainder due date.

I guess the 3 deposits due, depends on how long til the actual cruise. In my case, I had well over a year til my cruise. If you have a shorter period of time, I guess they just add the remainder of the deposit due, to the final payment figure. 

The deposit is simply the amount of the total fare that is required at booking.  If the total fare for two is $1,500.00 and the deposit is $250.00 per person, 1,000 is still due.  If the deposit is 50.00 per person, the remainder due is 1,400.  The total fare is always 1,500.

As a previous poster mentioned, if price matching to a lower fare, another 400 is due simultaneously, if the deposit at that time has been increased to the normal amount of 250.00 per person.  Total fare is still 1,500.  It is simply a question of how much is due now and how much remains to be paid.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, klfrodo said:

Beware of this gottcha:

If sometime in the future you decide to do a price check to see if you qualify for a cheaper price on your booking,,,,,, you see the price is less and you go for it,,,,,,, if the new price does not include the $50 deposit,,,, you will have to pay the full deposit or risk having your booking canceled without any notification. They may or may not advise you of this gottcha at time of price drop.

Just beware.

There is no "Gotcha". That's the rule with all Early saver reduced deposit sales.  If you price match to a new promotion, you lose the benefits of the previous promo, including any OBC.

Sometimes they say "Deposits as low as $50" which means your desired sailing may not be included.