New "fee" of $14/day on Perks Drink Package to be added?

Lady_Gamecock

3 hours ago, poffles said:

Me do think you are asking too much from them ... bwahahahahahahaha 🙂  Lost in a sea of smoke and mirrors, and I think that includes their own staff who have to answer to it all LOL  I don't think anyone would argue with marketing strategy to make more money but 100% agree with you ... stop messing with us so much!

Its marketing, usually never clear.  But I really don't find it that difficult to understand at this point.  The perks are not free but given at a great discount.  Celebrity is starting to value them differently on costs like we do also.  Do we take the 300obc or grats, all depends on length of cruise based on math. The one thing is bothersome is still the customer service and multiple answers. 

This .pdf was uploaded to Celebrity's TA-oriented website today: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdf

It basically confirms what has been said by TAs in the thread; that the fare increase when choosing CBP as one of the two perks/when choosing all four perks is 14$ per person per day. Ie. if choosing eg. prepaid gratuities and wifi, you will get a fare 14$ lower pppd, than if choosing prepaid gratuities and CBP.

Bookings completed before October 10, 2019 will NOT have a fare increase, BUT if the booking is changed after October 10, this will result in a fare increase of 14$ pppd.

BEVERAGE PKG PERK PRICING UPDATE

BEGINNING 10.10.19

1.             This is not a service fee

2.             It is a price increase when choosing the beverage package as a perk

WHAT IS INCREASING?

The price of the Beverage Pkg when selected as a perk

This price increase is $14/day/person

WHO WILL BE CHARGED THIS INCREASE?

Sail Plus & Sail All-Included --- when selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk for Inside AquaClass

Suites are EXCLUDED from this increase

WHEN DOES THIS PRICE INCREASE BEGIN?

New bookings made selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards

Any bookings serviced/modified that involves selecting Beverage as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards

Any booking that had Beverage Pkg as Perk prior to 10.10.19 will not be affected

WHY IS THIS TAKING PLACE?

For over 7 years, we have not increased the beverage pkg perk price, however, our costs have increased.

Despite the Beverage Pkg perk price increase, our Bev Pkg pricing remains well below the industry average

COMPETITIVE

CELEBRITY

CELEBRITY

CRUISES

CRUISES

CRUISE LINE B

LANDSCAPE

SAIL PLUS

SAIL ALL-INCLUDED

PERK BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Classic Beverage Package

Premium Beverage Package **

Premium Beverage Package

OFFERING

RETAIL PRICE

$59 PP/DAY

$69 PP/DAY

$99 PP/DAY

+ 20% GRATUITY & SERVICE

+ 20% GRATUITY

+ 20% GRATUITY

CHARGE

INCREASED BEVERAGE COST

$14

$14

$19.80

WHEN SELECTED AS A PERK

PER PERSON/DAY

PER PERSON/DAY

PER PERSON/DAY

SAIL YOUR

RATE DETAILS

SAMPLE

WAY

PRICING

Sail

Lowest available fare, no perks

$900

Sail Plus

Perks (Wifi, Grats, or OBC)

$999

Sail Plus

Perks with beverage package

$1,097

selected

Sail All Included

Perks*

$1,314

THE BEVERAGE PERK CHARGE IS $14/ DAY PER PERSON.

IF PURCHASED ONBOARD OR PRE-CRUISE, THE CLASSIC BEVERAGE PACKAGE IS $59/DAY +20% GRATUITY FOR A TOTAL OF $70.80 PER DAY.

**The cost to upgrade to our Premium Beverage Package remains the same at $10 pp, per day.

1. Q: Why am I seeing a different price when I choose a beverage package perk?

A: Since we began offering perks within our pricing strategy, we have not increased pricing. We’ve been absorbing the increased cost of beverage perks for some time; we now offsetting the cost.

2. Q: Why are we displaying the increase separately?

A:  We’re utilizing the current system functionality.

3. Q: Will Travel Advisors receive commission on the new Beverage Package Perk Pricing?

A:   Travel Advisors will continue to receive commission for the perk as part of the cruise fare. The Cruise Fare pricing reflects the “Perks” chosen by your clients and therefore you earn commission on the total cruise fare, as today.

4. Q: Will there be additional price programs displayed in Espresso and other booking tools?

A:  No, there will be the same number of price programs as there are today.

5. Q: Will the Beverage Package Perk pricing affect pricing on all Celebrity sailings?

A:  No, this cost does not apply to Galapagos ships/sailings since the Galapagos pricing is all inclusive.

6. Q: If I’m under the legal drinking age, do I still pay the same price for the beverage package perk?

A: Yes, if the guest is under the legal drinking age, and is the 1st or 2nd guest in the stateroom, they will still see the increased cost. The package will be non-alcoholic.

7. Q: Do I need to tip onboard for beverages if I’ve selected the beverage package perk?

A:  No, you do not. However, guests may leave an additional tip to recognize outstanding service.

8. Q: Why should I select the beverage package perk when I book my cruise?

A: The beverage package perk is still the best value for the guest. On a 10N cruise, if you purchase a beverage package through PCP or onboard, it would cost you $59+20% gratuities, at total of $70.80 per person, per day, or $708 pp. When you select 2 perks with the beverage package the increase cost is only $140 per person.

9.  Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a suite stateroom, will the price be increased?

A: When selecting a suite (4 perks for Suites), there will not be an increase, this price is inclusive of four perks.

10. Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a non-Suite category, will there be an increase?

A:  When you book an inside, outside, veranda, Concierge, Aqua, there is a price increase of $14 per person per day, plus the current upgrade cost of $35 per person per day.

11. Q:Is the Beverage Perk still the best value?

A: Yes, the beverage package perk is still the best value of all four perks. Below is an illustration for a 10N cruise, when you

select 2 perks (per person cost):

Perk

vs.

Pre-Cruise or Onboard Purchase

Beverage

$140

$708

OBC

$0

$150

WiFi

$0

$380

Gratuities

$0

$150

12. Q: For unnamed groups will the Bev Pkg Perk rate increase if they select the Bev perk when they name their group booking?

A:  Yes, if they are naming their groups after 10/10/19, the guest will be charged the Beverage Perk Charge.

13. Q: Will named groups be protected?

A:  Yes, same as individual bookings.

14. Q: If I change my perk to the beverage package perk, will my rate increase?

A: Yes. If the booking has been named and deposited and the guest changes their perk selection after 10/10/19, they will be charged. This applies to individual and group bookings.

15. Q: Will groups process be the same?

A:  Yes, the process will be the same.

16. Q: For existing contracted group rates will there be an additional charge?

A:  No, contracted groups will be protected based on their contract terms.

17. Q: Will contacted groups receive this additional charge when selecting the beverage package?

A:  New contracted groups will receive the additional charge when selecting the beverage package

18. Q: Will the beverage perk price be increased during extra sales like The BIG Deal?

A:  Yes, there will be an increase if the guest chooses the beverage package as a perk.

19. Q: If there is a double name change to a group booking with a beverage promo, will the beverage perk charge be applied?

A: Yes the beverage perk charge will apply to group bookings that select a beverage perk, if there is a double name change.

20. Q: Will NET rates receive the Beverage Package Perk?

A:   No, NET rates will not be eligible to receive perks.

21. Q: If a guest upgrades to a Suite via the Move Up upgrade bidding program, will there be a Beverage Perk charge?

A:  Guests who upgrade to a Suite via the Move Up bidding process do not receive the 4-Perk Suite offer but rather will retain the perks they originally chose with their booking.

22. Q: Will pricing change with currency fluctuations?

A:  The exchange rates may be periodically updated, same as today.

23. Q: How does this affect Zenith loyalty members?

A:   Zenith members receive a complimentary Premium Beverage Package as part of their tier benefits. Therefore, we recommend Zenith members choose another perk and obtain their beverage package benefit onboard.

24. Q: If a Ship and Sail date on a “Future Cruise” booking is changed after October 10, 2019 and the guest has chosen a Beverage Package as an amenity, will the guest will be charged the $14.00 per person per day, Beverage Package Perk charge on the new booking?

A: Yes, if the guest has chosen a Beverage Package perk as an amenity, the Beverage Package Perk charge will be added to the new ship and sail date.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

This .pdf was uploaded to Celebrity's TA-oriented website today: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdf

It basically confirms that the fare increase when choosing CBP as one of the two perks/when choosing all four perks is 14$ per person per day. Ie. if choosing eg. prepaid gratuities and wifi, you will get a fare 14$ lower per person per day, than if choosing prepaid gratuities and CBP.

Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdfUnavailable

that's clear to me on how its presented and really no complaints on it.  Yes it is an increase but still most people will still opt for the beverage I bet, with it having all waters, coffees etc. 

• Thanks 1

21. Q: If a guest upgrades to a Suite via the Move Up upgrade bidding program, will there be a Beverage Perk charge?

A:  Guests who upgrade to a Suite via the Move Up bidding process do not receive the 4-Perk Suite offer but rather will retain the perks they originally chose with their booking.

I find this interesting. I thought if you "moved up" to a suite that you also got what usually comes with booking a suite. Instead, you only get the perks you had with your original booking?? You get the amenities, but not the perks?

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Cruisedoctor- since you are a TA do you ever get a chance to give Celebrity feedback?  Do you ever feel like they listen? 

That depends on your definition of the word "listen"; to whom the feedback is given to; the tone of the feedback; and if valid reasoning is included as to why the feedback benefits both the passengers and the cruise line.

A cruise line is a corporation.  And, like any corporation, they are in business to make a profit for it's shareholders.  In order to do that, every operational decision they make, needs to weigh the consequences as to what effect that decision will positively and/or negatively effect the business of remaining profitable.  Obviously, they need to keep their customers happy, or they will lose them.  But, at the same time, they can not let their operational costs exceed the revenue generated from their customers.

During the webinar that introduced the new beverage package pricing to travel agents, one of the points that was stressed several times was that this is being done in response to the increase in their costs.  One example, is that cruise lines are switching from plastic water bottles to metal water bottles in order to keep environmentalists happy.  The cost of the metal bottles is greater than the plastic.  I'm sure they weighed the consequences of making this change, and felt it had to be done.  They also stressed that they didn't want to raise prices for every passenger, as that wouldn't be fair, and would negatively effect their "competitive pricing" that is demanded by potential passengers.

I spend a significant amount of time on cruise ships every year, and have been doing so for past 35 years.  As a consumer, I have recognize how much things have changed over time.  And, like many of you, I opine for the good old days.  But, this decline is going on with everything we buy or do...you can't get away from it.  When I put my business owner's hat on, I realize how the costs of doing business have skyrocketed over this same time period.  While at the same time, the consumer demands lower prices.  Unfortunately, something has to give.

Two sayings that have withstood the test of time, and are as true today as when they were first said are: "There is no free lunch." and "You get what you pay for." 

Getting back to your original question, if done correctly, the cruise line does take serious feedback under consideration, and will implement something if it satisfies two important criteria.  That the cost of doing that something will have enough of a positive effect on enough passengers, to make it cost effective.   

• Like 4

This is bad for me.  I was going to book a Reflection itinerary while onboard an Azamara cruise on October 16.  At this point, I'll just take the OBC and the gratuities and use the OBC for drinks and bring some good bottles of wine.  The great thing about the old classic beverage perk is that is was so convenient, even for those of us who don't drink that much.

The perk is worth $708 to some of us, but not all of us.  

Edited by hubofhockey

Very knowledgeable response CruiseDoctor . Quoting from your post 

57 minutes ago, cruisedoctor said:

A cruise line is a corporation.  And, like any corporation, they are in business to make a profit for it's shareholders.  In order to do that, every operational decision they make, needs to weigh the consequences as to what effect that decision will positively and/or negatively effect the business of remaining profitable.  Obviously, they need to keep their customers happy, or they will lose them.  But, at the same time, they can not let their operational costs exceed the revenue generated from their customers.

the problem is that success for management today is based on short term metrics such as quarterly results and stock price . Shortsighted moves , like eliminating cabin movies or charging for free perks can goose results at the expense of customer satisfaction where the negative impact takes much longer to manifest itself . These senior execs may very well "earn" large annual bonuses making decisions not in the longer term  interests of their corporation . 

• Like 3

We decided today that for our next  new booking, we will go without the Classic Alc perk...and will manage with E+ breakfast and evening perks, parties on board and  2 btls wine, water and soda  that we  can carry on, esp  since we heard we can  order water at the Elite social hour..   

We think we'll do fine with grats ( usually AQ class) and OBC  and a  just few  upcharge drinks + grats. Pain in the neck to sign for any extras but we will try our best not to have many.

Wonder if  travel agents will pick up the added charge as a perk from them?

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

We decided today that for our next  new booking, we will go without the Classic Alc perk...and will manage with E+ breakfast and evening perks, parties on board and  2 btls wine, water and soda  that we  can carry on, esp  since we heard we can  order water at the Elite social hour..   

We think we'll do fine with grats ( usually AQ class) and OBC  and a  just few  upcharge drinks + grats. Pain in the neck to sign for any extras but we will try our best not to have many.

Wonder if  travel agents will pick up the added charge as a perk from them?

...and from any of the bars around the ship during the evening CC HH. 

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

...and from any of the bars around the ship during the evening CC HH. 

Thanks for that info.  Is there a water limit?

Many work arounds !

A perk is not a perk if you have to pay. 

Just checked the cost to gift dh a btl of  JW Red scotch for the cruise like we used to do..Now priced at $100...really high price.  We'll pass on that too.

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

I find this interesting. I thought if you "moved up" to a suite that you also got what usually comes with booking a suite. Instead, you only get the perks you had with your original booking?? You get the amenities, but not the perks?

The answer is consistent with how Move Up has been since day1.  You also do not get the Captains Club points associated with the new cabin.  What you do get is the amenities associated with the upgraded cabin, a move to Aqua would give you Blu, Persian Garden access, daily  canapés, etc.  Move Up to SS or CS and dine in Luminae, access to Michaels/Retreat & Butler.  If you move to a  Penthouse or Royal Suite they include, unlimited speciality dining, wi-fi, Premium beverage pkg , laundry and you would get those but you wouldn’t get prepaid gratuities or OBC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for that info.  Is there a water limit?

Many work arounds !

A perk is not a perk if you have to pay. 

Just checked the cost to gift dh a btl of  JW Red scotch for the cruise like we used to do..Now priced at $100...really high price.  We'll pass on that too.

The CC HH drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards are unlimited from 5 to 7 .

**The cost to upgrade to our Premium Beverage Package remains the same at $10 pp, per day.

I think this answers my question about upgrading the beverage package from classic to premium on our existing booking. No upcharge, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

It basically confirms what has been said by TAs in the thread; that the fare increase when choosing CBP as one of the two perks/when choosing all four perks is 14$ per person per day. Ie. if choosing eg. prepaid gratuities and wifi, you will get a fare 14$ lower pppd, than if choosing prepaid gratuities and CBP.

Bookings completed before October 10, 2019 will NOT have a fare increase, BUT if the booking is changed after October 10, this will result in a fare increase of 14$ pppd.

BEVERAGE PKG PERK PRICING UPDATE

BEGINNING 10.10.19

1.             This is not a service fee

2.             It is a price increase when choosing the beverage package as a perk

WHAT IS INCREASING?

The price of the Beverage Pkg when selected as a perk

This price increase is $14/day/person

WHO WILL BE CHARGED THIS INCREASE?

Sail Plus & Sail All-Included --- when selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk for Inside AquaClass

Suites are EXCLUDED from this increase

WHEN DOES THIS PRICE INCREASE BEGIN?

New bookings made selecting Beverage Pkg as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards

Any bookings serviced/modified that involves selecting Beverage as a Perk on 10.10.19 and onwards

Any booking that had Beverage Pkg as Perk prior to 10.10.19 will not be affected

WHY IS THIS TAKING PLACE?

For over 7 years, we have not increased the beverage pkg perk price, however, our costs have increased.

Despite the Beverage Pkg perk price increase, our Bev Pkg pricing remains well below the industry average

COMPETITIVE

CELEBRITY

CELEBRITY

CRUISES

CRUISES

CRUISE LINE B

LANDSCAPE

SAIL PLUS

SAIL ALL-INCLUDED

PERK BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Classic Beverage Package

Premium Beverage Package **

Premium Beverage Package

OFFERING

RETAIL PRICE

$59 PP/DAY

$69 PP/DAY

$99 PP/DAY

+ 20% GRATUITY & SERVICE

+ 20% GRATUITY

+ 20% GRATUITY

CHARGE

INCREASED BEVERAGE COST

$14

$14

$19.80

WHEN SELECTED AS A PERK

PER PERSON/DAY

PER PERSON/DAY

PER PERSON/DAY

SAIL YOUR

RATE DETAILS

SAMPLE

WAY

PRICING

Sail

Lowest available fare, no perks

$900

Sail Plus

Perks (Wifi, Grats, or OBC)

$999

Sail Plus

Perks with beverage package

$1,097

selected

Sail All Included

Perks*

$1,314

THE BEVERAGE PERK CHARGE IS $14/ DAY PER PERSON.

IF PURCHASED ONBOARD OR PRE-CRUISE, THE CLASSIC BEVERAGE PACKAGE IS $59/DAY +20% GRATUITY FOR A TOTAL OF $70.80 PER DAY.

**The cost to upgrade to our Premium Beverage Package remains the same at $10 pp, per day.

1. Q: Why am I seeing a different price when I choose a beverage package perk?

A: Since we began offering perks within our pricing strategy, we have not increased pricing. We’ve been absorbing the increased cost of beverage perks for some time; we now offsetting the cost.

2. Q: Why are we displaying the increase separately?

A:  We’re utilizing the current system functionality.

3. Q: Will Travel Advisors receive commission on the new Beverage Package Perk Pricing?

A:   Travel Advisors will continue to receive commission for the perk as part of the cruise fare. The Cruise Fare pricing reflects the “Perks” chosen by your clients and therefore you earn commission on the total cruise fare, as today.

4. Q: Will there be additional price programs displayed in Espresso and other booking tools?

A:  No, there will be the same number of price programs as there are today.

5. Q: Will the Beverage Package Perk pricing affect pricing on all Celebrity sailings?

A:  No, this cost does not apply to Galapagos ships/sailings since the Galapagos pricing is all inclusive.

6. Q: If I’m under the legal drinking age, do I still pay the same price for the beverage package perk?

A: Yes, if the guest is under the legal drinking age, and is the 1st or 2nd guest in the stateroom, they will still see the increased cost. The package will be non-alcoholic.

7. Q: Do I need to tip onboard for beverages if I’ve selected the beverage package perk?

A:  No, you do not. However, guests may leave an additional tip to recognize outstanding service.

8. Q: Why should I select the beverage package perk when I book my cruise?

A: The beverage package perk is still the best value for the guest. On a 10N cruise, if you purchase a beverage package through PCP or onboard, it would cost you $59+20% gratuities, at total of $70.80 per person, per day, or $708 pp. When you select 2 perks with the beverage package the increase cost is only $140 per person.

9.  Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a suite stateroom, will the price be increased?

A: When selecting a suite (4 perks for Suites), there will not be an increase, this price is inclusive of four perks.

10. Q: If I book Sail All Included, in a non-Suite category, will there be an increase?

A:  When you book an inside, outside, veranda, Concierge, Aqua, there is a price increase of $14 per person per day, plus the current upgrade cost of $35 per person per day.

11. Q:Is the Beverage Perk still the best value?

A: Yes, the beverage package perk is still the best value of all four perks. Below is an illustration for a 10N cruise, when you

select 2 perks (per person cost):

Perk

vs.

Pre-Cruise or Onboard Purchase

Beverage

$140

$708

OBC

$0

$150

WiFi

$0

$380

Gratuities

$0

$150

12. Q: For unnamed groups will the Bev Pkg Perk rate increase if they select the Bev perk when they name their group booking?

A:  Yes, if they are naming their groups after 10/10/19, the guest will be charged the Beverage Perk Charge.

13. Q: Will named groups be protected?

A:  Yes, same as individual bookings.

14. Q: If I change my perk to the beverage package perk, will my rate increase?

A: Yes. If the booking has been named and deposited and the guest changes their perk selection after 10/10/19, they will be charged. This applies to individual and group bookings.

15. Q: Will groups process be the same?

A:  Yes, the process will be the same.

16. Q: For existing contracted group rates will there be an additional charge?

A:  No, contracted groups will be protected based on their contract terms.

17. Q: Will contacted groups receive this additional charge when selecting the beverage package?

A:  New contracted groups will receive the additional charge when selecting the beverage package

18. Q: Will the beverage perk price be increased during extra sales like The BIG Deal?

A:  Yes, there will be an increase if the guest chooses the beverage package as a perk.

19. Q: If there is a double name change to a group booking with a beverage promo, will the beverage perk charge be applied?

A: Yes the beverage perk charge will apply to group bookings that select a beverage perk, if there is a double name change.

20. Q: Will NET rates receive the Beverage Package Perk?

A:   No, NET rates will not be eligible to receive perks.

22. Q: Will pricing change with currency fluctuations?

A:  The exchange rates may be periodically updated, same as today.

23. Q: How does this affect Zenith loyalty members?

A:   Zenith members receive a complimentary Premium Beverage Package as part of their tier benefits. Therefore, we recommend Zenith members choose another perk and obtain their beverage package benefit onboard.

24. Q: If a Ship and Sail date on a “Future Cruise” booking is changed after October 10, 2019 and the guest has chosen a Beverage Package as an amenity, will the guest will be charged the $14.00 per person per day, Beverage Package Perk charge on the new booking?

A: Yes, if the guest has chosen a Beverage Package perk as an amenity, the Beverage Package Perk charge will be added to the new ship and sail date.

I find #8 to be wrong

The perk of the Bev package was never "free"--it always raised the price of the cruise...so it is not "only/just$14 pp pd, thats an INCREASE of $14 pp pd.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I find #8 to be wrong

The perk of the Bev package was never "free"--it always raised the price of the cruise...so it is not "only/just$14 pp pd, thats an INCREASE of $14 pp pd.

They never said it was free, but they also never said what you were paying for it before the increase.  I think that's partly because it varies from cruise to cruise, category to category.

I actually think the FAQ is pretty good and if they had rolled it out when they leaked the flyer they would have had less resistance.

Edited by wrk2cruise

11 minutes ago, prish said:

**The cost to upgrade to our Premium Beverage Package remains the same at $10 pp, per day.

I think this answers my question about upgrading the beverage package from classic to premium on our existing booking. No upcharge, isn’t it?

BUT they charge 20% on top of that $10..so it is really $12 per day... the sheet is wrong there

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They never said it was free, but they also never said what you were paying for it before the increase.  I think that's partly because it varies from cruise to cruise, category to category.

8. Q: Why should I select the beverage package perk when I book my cruise?

A: The beverage package perk is still the best value for the guest. On a 10N cruise, if you purchase a beverage package through PCP or onboard, it would cost you $59+20% gratuities, at total of $70.80 per person, per day, or $708 pp. When you select 2 perks with the beverage package the increase cost is only $140 per person.

The INCREASE from no perks to including bev cost$... and it is more than $14 pp pd for the bev package... This language makes it seem like the bev package is "only" $140 for 10 days... 

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

8. Q: Why should I select the beverage package perk when I book my cruise?

A: The beverage package perk is still the best value for the guest. On a 10N cruise, if you purchase a beverage package through PCP or onboard, it would cost you $59+20% gratuities, at total of $70.80 per person, per day, or $708 pp. When you select 2 perks with the beverage package the increase cost is only $140 per person.

Yes I read that.  They are giving the retail value and the increased cost of the perk.  They never gave the base cost of the perk prior to the increase.  But most of us now understand what's going on.

I appreciate the sharing of info like this on CC. I was able to upgrade my cabin for Nov Edge sailing from IV to C1, and I pushed ahead and did it to get ahead of this pricing change. If I hadn't known it was coming, my inclination would have been to wait for a better deal!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CC HH drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards are unlimited from 5 to 7 .

Thanks...that's good news!

One  alc drink or usually  just a club soda  with lime , plus  a  water for me will be great   Dh can enjoy  1 or 2 scotches and a water. 

We  have a  classic perk package  for our upcoming  EDGE cruise... ( and 3 other cruises past that)  One of these  is in a suite, so we probably  could have skipped that perk but it is set for now.   

We have dinner at 6 , so if we did not  have the Classic perk, it looks like we would be  set for pre dinner libations...either at the Club or any bar. 

Maybe LLP is doing us a back handed favor???

Edited by hcat

16 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

BUT they charge 20% on top of that $10..so it is really $12 per day... the sheet is wrong there

Of course Fogfog, you’re right, they don’t mention the 20% gratuity, but that’s Celebrity for you. 

Was planning on upgrading our package this weekend using our OBC, though someone said you can only upgrade 60 days out, while our cruise isn’t till May 2020. Will now wait till we’re onboard, we always like to upgrade with our sommelier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prish said:

Of course Fogfog, you’re right, they don’t mention the 20% gratuity, but that’s Celebrity for you. 

Was planning on upgrading our package this weekend using our OBC, though someone said you can only upgrade 60 days out, while our cruise isn’t till May 2020. Will now wait till we’re onboard, we always like to upgrade with our sommelier.

We've always found the prem package worthwhile because of wine pairing etc, DH scotch choices, etc

They did have a sale that included (unusual) the upgrade in recent past.

Might want to watch for it. 

17 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

We've always found the prem package worthwhile because of wine pairing etc, DH scotch choices, etc

They did have a sale that included (unusual) the upgrade in recent past.

Might want to watch for it. 

Thanks, will watch out for it. My sister and I also much prefer the wines on premium and are happy to pay the $12 to upgrade.

• Like 1