Live from the Viking Star 9/28/19 Venice to Barcelona

zitsky

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Herculaneum

GREAT PHOTOS!!!

Smaller and more compact than Pompeii but NOT handicapped accessible by any stretch of the imagination. Steps to enter the site, full of uneven surfaces, cobblestones, high curbs, etc.

If Herculaneum or Pompeii are a challenge, try the National Archeology Museum in Naples. It is a short cab ride from the ship. Just double check that there is a an accessible entrance because the main entrance is up a flight of steps. https://www.museoarcheologiconapoli.it/en/tickets-and-info/accessibility/

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

In Dubrovnik it was helpful to have your passport for id.

Were you specifically instructed to bring your passport?  In 2017 there was no such requirement.

We leave our passports in our safe and carry only our driver's license and a photocopy of our passport information page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Were you specifically instructed to bring your passport?  In 2017 there was no such requirement.

We leave our passports in our safe and carry only our driver's license and a photocopy of our passport information page.

Lew - I was thinking it may depend on the port as to what documents you have to bring or not when you go ashore.  Most of the time we didn't need anything but our room keys.  (I always did like you however and kept photocopies of passport with me).   I do remember that in St. Petersberg, they required your passport offshore at all times.  Was a bit nervy and we made doubly sure not to get it stolen.

3 hours ago, -Lew- said:

I have to check the dailies.  I remember security hassling the person in front of me who had a driver's license and credit cards.  He was let through.

Do they give you any options at the Chef Table? We are doing the Asian Panorama as well, and duck is a no go for me.  If no other option, I'm fine just skipping that course.  It's not a big deal, I was just curious.

We signed up for 2 Chef's Table dinners-and of course once I did I was unable to go back and locate the menus!  The Asian Panorama and the Xiang.

The Chef's Table is similar to a Chef's Tasting (or Prix Fixe) type menu. There is no choice A or B.

However, they do go out of their way to accommodate food allergies and preferences.

I would give them as much notice as possible and they should be able to provide a sub for the duck.

6 hours ago, Homosassa said:

You won't be missing much by skipping the "Peking Duck" version in the Chef's Table. 

It has as much a resemble to Peking Duck as a frozen pizza has to a pizza in Naples.

The duck is presented like an egg roll or burrito.  It's not done the traditional way with pancakes.  It was ok.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes.  Maybe 15 to 20 minutes.  That's all the time we had there in the Sistine Chapel.  We were told the staff makes you leave after 10 min. True?  Made up?

The art was impressive.  No question. 

Edited by zitsky