Live from the Whisper( but it's really windy) Greenwich to New York

spinnaker2

2 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Nice photo JP. 

There is no way I can do that climb absent a lung transplant.

I have set the record for the most kleenex used on a cruise.

Now DH has caught something nefarious. 

There needs to be a button for "sad".  Hard to hit "like" in this case!  Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather Spins.  Hope you and Dr. Spins feel better soon!

• Like 1

Only two ports so far this side of the pond, and Very Cold and Windy, (with brightly painted houses), is rapidly losing it’s appeal. 

Went to Ile aux Marin today - barren, no longer inhabited island, not unattractive but it became an endurance test in the freezing wind that blew away whatever the guide was saying.  Particularly since there’s almost as good a view of it from the ship. 

St Pierre may have held something of interest, although it wasn’t obvious, but getting back to the ship to thaw was more attractive. 

And I do have warm, appropriate clothes - the wind is just too much.  And I don’t do cold in my real life. 

Agree with jolly. Don’t know if spins has the tissue record or not, my wife had used a ton so far. Something acquired from the last voyage. Naturally being a loving spouse who likes to share, I have been fighting a sore throat & draining sinuses. So we went to town to find a drug store. The French speaking pharmacist didn’t speak hardly any English. I asked if this was okay to take with alcohol. Oui, oui he said. With only French directions enclosed, I decided to have it translated at reception. It was not good news! ‘‘Twas no oui oui! 

My previous $150. Doc visit was a waste.

Edited by zqtchas

38 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Agree with jolly. Don’t know if spins has the tissue record or not, my wife had used a ton so far. Something acquired from the last voyage. Naturally being a loving spouse who likes to share, I have been fighting a sore throat & draining sinuses. So we went to town to find a drug store. The French speaking pharmacist didn’t speak hardly any English. I asked if this was okay to take with alcohol. Oui, oui he said. With only French directions enclosed, I decided to have it translated at reception. It was not good news! ‘‘Twas no oui oui! 

My previous $150. Doc visit was a waste.

We were once in Club Med and had an upset stomach, at my visit to the doctor, I was told to stick out my tongue and then told it was my liver. I was given a derivative of thorazine and I slept for several days. Um not a good thing and I wasn't any less crazy.  In retrospect the food sitting out for hours in the buffet sans ice was a better causative factor.

We try and bring our own meds now. I started and finished a z pack. I am not a fan of antibiotics either, but the raw throat is gone. 

We are now in our suite trying to stream college football. 

The weather outside may be cold but it is sunny. What a view!

• Like 1

I agree with Mysty... we need a “sad” emoji choice along with the current choices of likening, thanking, and laughing.  Although, I would probably struggle with choosing between the sad and laugh emojis for both Jolly and ZQT as I find myself laughing at their humor in describing their current predicaments.

• Like 1

Speaking of emojis, I find myself struggling for words to describe what has been called in recent sailings, "Trivia".  My mother always taught me that if you have nothing nice to say, you should say nothing.  

sj8.thumb.JPG.6c463a254646a16d0ed19ffb237e7481.JPG

We are sailing out and in the distance there are showers.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Speaking of emojis, I find myself struggling for words to describe what has been called in recent sailings, "Trivia".  My mother always taught me that if you have nothing nice to say, you should say nothing.  

sj8.thumb.JPG.6c463a254646a16d0ed19ffb237e7481.JPG

We are sailing out and in the distance there are showers.

Gorgeous (if threatening) shot Spins!  And my mother taught me the same!  Although I do cheat at times!

• Haha 1

Spins sorry you've been feeling so punk but need to let you know how much I've enjoyed your updates.   We did the reverse FLL/ Tower Bridge in May and had that late spring hurricane.  Quite exciting.   I board Whisper when you debark so once again will just miss.   Two years ago we were delayed in port at Halifax for 3 nights due to storms, then high tailed it to New York to finish on time.  I'm hoping for fair winds and following seas next week.

Dusa

Why do you need emojis? Why not write ... um ... actual words to describe your feelings?

My current feelings are, again, frozen. Just had dinner at Cold/Hot Rocks - the wind has torn one side of one plastic panel loose, and all the others are billowing very noisily like spinnakers (sorry, Spins) in a gale, it’s not conducive to a peaceful dinner. It’s cold, I was swaddled in three blankets (under a heater) as well as many layers of clothes, I felt like the Michelin Man. Not doing that again till we’re in a more clement climate. 

Take me back to the Caribbean, I don’t care how many times I’ve been there before. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Haha 1

Thanks JP. 

And thanks Dusa.

We continue to marvel at the crew who are upbeat, convivial and strive to deliver superb service. And they do!!! Our butler and suite attendant are terrific. There are so many others too numerous to list here, who make the voyage incredible. This is of course what makes Silversea special and why we return.  

Just as there are those who are "extraordinary",  regrettably there too is the just "ordinary". 

In my opinion that person is the one who doesn't make the extra effort,  who is woefully unqualified, perhaps just plain old unskilled, is not a team player, is unprofessional or a bad fit for a job.  Not worthy of holding a position at Silversea. Fortunately the "ordinary" are very rare and Silversea management generally recognizes who they are.

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Spins, beautiful photos for sure:classic_biggrin:

YES!  YES!!  Nice pictures and added details from Spins/Candy.  Sorry to be reading about the weather and other challenges for those on this sailing.  Hope you are recovering and doing well now.   Still not sure if a Northern Trans-Atlantic fits for me.  Personally, I like it when the weather is less likely to be of question or doubt.  Safe travel for the rest of your trip.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 85,406 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

1196263066_atthepool.thumb.JPG.3335ef9a9d2c2f00367aef37612c0664.JPGAt the pool yesterday the sun and warmer temperatures gave the entire ship a festive feel! People were snapping photos, but as you will notice no one was in the pool and it was covered with a net.

The third formal night was last night and again we had to eat in our suite due to the neverending cold symptoms which DH is suffering with at the present.

And now Halifax.

1249368681_halifaxarrival.thumb.JPG.1d340ea16111f7799fc18e34a966aae8.JPG

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 2