So who cruises the Caribbean in September/October?

Taishartrueblood

15 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The Caribbean’s main attraction is the climate - between January and March, when it is cold, rainy, snowy and otherwise dreary in northern areas, it is good to feel the sun, swim in the 80+ degree waters and let someone else do the day to day housekeeping, cleaning, etc.  Beyond that, Catibbean cruising seems kind of pointless — inexpensive, perhaps, but then it should be - because the cruising part of it has been so dumbed down to maintain “attractive” pricing, and for many of us climate/weather conditions where we live are OK (why else would we live there?).

The Caribbean (and North Atlantic - Bahamas, Bermuda) also offer quick get aways for those with limited travel time - especially if you can drive to the port.  I'm not sure how good the snorkeling is where I live either 😉 Growing up on Lake Erie I don't think the water ever got to 80+ degrees - beaches were shut down at mid 70's water temp.

While I'm sure the South Pacific is less "pointless" than the Caribbean, I'll still plan to enjoy my Eastern and Southern itineraries next year since they are what work for my schedule to get away with my husband ❤️ 

19 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The Caribbean’s main attraction is the climate - between January and March, when it is cold, rainy, snowy and otherwise dreary in northern areas, it is good to feel the sun, swim in the 80+ degree waters and let someone else do the day to day housekeeping, cleaning, etc.  Beyond that, Catibbean cruising seems kind of pointless — inexpensive, perhaps, but then it should be - because the cruising part of it has been so dumbed down to maintain “attractive” pricing, and for many of us climate/weather conditions where we live are OK (why else would we live there?).

Given that we usually have snow in October and it sticks around until May in Alberta, Canada, our 'peak' cruising window to escape out of town is quite long 😆

• Like 1