Christmas on Azamara Ships

hamrag

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

Absolutely The ships will be decorated sometime around there,  possibly on 30th.  The decoration is always professional and very pretty.

Excellent, thanks for that welcome news...and for the photos, much appreciated. In all our 45 cruises we have yet to cruise during the month of December, so this will be a first for us as well as a new cruiseline! 😊

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

We are new to Azamara, but sailing on Journey for 2 weeks from 30 November....essentially the first half December. Does Azamara create a Christmas theme on their ships, at that time of year? Thanks.

Hamrag,

Will you be on Quest?  If so, we'll be boarding as you disembark.  We're on the 13th December Dubai to Mumbai cruise, which includes our anniversary, Christmas and a solar eclipse.

10 hours ago, hamrag said:

Excellent, thanks for that welcome news...and for the photos, much appreciated. In all our 45 cruises we have yet to cruise during the month of December, so this will be a first for us as well as a new cruiseline! 😊

It's very festively decorated onboard. The crew will probably have a gingerbread house competition and they may be putting that together before you get off. A lot of fun. 

Phil 

BE61C831-1FE1-456A-96AF-2AE300FCFBAF.jpeg

• Like 3

I don’t think it will happen before the OP leaves but do you remember watching some of us make idiots of ourselves at the Guest house making event. Who knew icing could be as sticky or messy.  Took days to get it out of clothes etc but it was fun. Ours was very much stuck at the back of the village - we were in the social housing in need of repair category 😂😂

Edited by uktog
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, amp-qld said:

Hamrag,

Will you be on Quest?  If so, we'll be boarding as you disembark.  We're on the 13th December Dubai to Mumbai cruise, which includes our anniversary, Christmas and a solar eclipse.

Journey, in the Caribbean.

We're on Quest first half of December going out of and to Dubai. But I'm not sure if they'll decorate the ship that early because Quest is chartered out in Dubai for the week between Dec. 10th-17th. It might depend on who chartered the ship, and it being a Muslim country they might do the decorations later, on 17th. perhaps?

By the way, last year we did a pre-Christmas cruise on Cunard's "Queen Elizabeth", and I must confess that the decorations were absolutely stunning - lots and lots and very tasteful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:31 AM, amp-qld said:

Hamrag,

On 9/30/2019 at 12:37 PM, amp-qld said:

Sorry, quite correct.  We leave home on 13th.

We are also on the Quest from Dubai on the 17th this will be our 5th Azamara cruise,does anyone know yet when/ where the Azamazing evening will be.

We do not celebrate Christmas but it is nice to see decorations and fun things like the show they put on with fun jabs at one another.

The gingerbread house display was lovely.

We appreciated the year before when Chanukah came out near Christmas and we as other Jews were onboard and had a special get together with a rabbi and Chanukah treats.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:57 AM, Grand Cru said:

We are also on the Quest from Dubai on the 17th this will be our 5th Azamara cruise,does anyone know yet when/ where the Azamazing evening will be.

I'll ask around for you about the AzAmazing Evening. 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, Grand Cru said:

I understand there are still details being finalized for your AzAmazing Evening in Muscat, Oman, on December 23, 2019

On 10/17/2019 at 11:47 PM, BBMacLaird said:

I understand there are still details being finalized for your AzAmazing Evening in Muscat, Oman, on December 23, 2019

Hi Bonnie,

is that also true for the previous Quest cruise, ending Dec. 10th. in Dubai? No AzAmazing evening theme or date shown as yet on the cruise planner. We wanted to finalize our shore excursion bookings and I simply don't want to book an exhausting day in the desert or wherever before another wonderful AzAmazing evening. Perhaps in Muscat also?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question regarding Christmas/New Year on board.... 

We will be on Pursuit this Christmas - just wondered if they lay on anything special on Xmas day, like traditional Christmas lunch or is it just the regular menus? I assume the specialty restaurants will be just their usual menus? 

New Years Eve the ship as I understand it is moored off Copacabana Beach in Rio for the fireworks etc.  I heard third hand this also the white night party but it was just speculation from a frequent Azamara cruiser friend?  Anyone know if this might be the case?  I’m sure it will be lots of fun if so, but I’m sure it will be fun wherever/ whenever it is.....  

Thanks!  

2 hours ago, Teknodude said:

Quick question regarding Christmas/New Year on board.... 

We will be on Pursuit this Christmas - just wondered if they lay on anything special on Xmas day, like traditional Christmas lunch or is it just the regular menus? I assume the specialty restaurants will be just their usual menus? 

New Years Eve the ship as I understand it is moored off Copacabana Beach in Rio for the fireworks etc.  I heard third hand this also the white night party but it was just speculation from a frequent Azamara cruiser friend?  Anyone know if this might be the case?  I’m sure it will be lots of fun if so, but I’m sure it will be fun wherever/ whenever it is.....  

Thanks!  

They offer turkey as an option for Christmas as far as I recall. 

For New Year’s Eve, yes the white party was on that evening during my cruise. The ship was moored in front of Copacabana beach and it was a beautiful place to see the fireworks. 

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

They offer turkey as an option for Christmas as far as I recall. 

For New Year’s Eve, yes the white party was on that evening during my cruise. The ship was moored in front of Copacabana beach and it was a beautiful place to see the fireworks. 

Thanks for the input - I heard from friends its a great place to see the fireworks, as Copacabana beach itself can be a bit of a zoo on NYE.  

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

The ships will have very festive decorations, and usually a gingerbread house village all made from scratch. And yes, special fare is on the menu. 

Thanks Bonnie - I’m on a super diet right now to lose a few LBS so I can ruin it all and put it all back on enjoying all the festive fare on the ship - trying to feel less guilty and the clothes still fit.  Appreciate your input.  Thx 

• Like 1