driving and parking on Curacao

Wymond

I am going to rent a car on the day we dock at Willemstad.

I am wondering how convenient the parking is. Eg, Can I park at the road side when seeking flamingo? Is there a free parking lot at the dock? is park free close to the beaches? My plan is to visit east side in the morning, drive back to ship for lunch, then go to the west side, Shete Boka Park and a couple of beaches for snorkeling. is there any view points in the east? Any suggestions and advises are appreciated. Many thanks!  

It's been a couple of years but I seem to remember a gravel parking lot across from the port. No gates or a parking guy or anything. Other than in Willemstad, I don't remember any paid parking, snd the meters were pretty cheap.

if you go to the caves or the distillery or something the parking lots are open....but sgsin, that was a couple of years ago .

I found the driving itself to be quite easy, but I found the island kind of busier than others. I had a GPS as well which I recommend - there seemed to be lots of roads and few road signs

11 hours ago, CaptFantastic said:

It's been a couple of years but I seem to remember a gravel parking lot across from the port. No gates or a parking guy or anything. Other than in Willemstad, I don't remember any paid parking, snd the meters were pretty cheap.

if you go to the caves or the distillery or something the parking lots are open....but sgsin, that was a couple of years ago .

I found the driving itself to be quite easy, but I found the island kind of busier than others. I had a GPS as well which I recommend - there seemed to be lots of roads and few road signs

Thanks. It is really helpful.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:01 PM, Wymond said:

I am going to rent a car on the day we dock at Willemstad.

I am wondering how convenient the parking is. Eg, Can I park at the road side when seeking flamingo? Is there a free parking lot at the dock? is park free close to the beaches? My plan is to visit east side in the morning, drive back to ship for lunch, then go to the west side, Shete Boka Park and a couple of beaches for snorkeling. is there any view points in the east? Any suggestions and advises are appreciated. Many thanks!  

Parking is free at the Renaissance hotel by the port and also in the dirt lots around the port. 

IMO, that's alot of driving in 1 day. I would suggest going to Shete Boka first before the heat of the day, and beach hop on the West side.

16 hours ago, bup1224 said:

Parking is free at the Renaissance hotel by the port and also in the dirt lots around the port. 

IMO, that's alot of driving in 1 day. I would suggest going to Shete Boka first before the heat of the day, and beach hop on the West side.

Thank you for your suggetion. Shete Boka is a must go.