HAL scheduled LGBT gathering?

RMS Olympic

As I will be on the Nieuw Statendam in November, I was wondering if HAL schedules gatherings like Princess. On Princess I attend both LGBT as well as veteran unhosted gatherings and meet so many nice folks. I don’t remember any event scheduled on the Rotterdam out of Tampa, but the newer ships sailing from FLL might be different.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

In my past experiences it has a lot to do with the cruise director and the particular cruise.  We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam last fall for a west to east Panama Canal crossing and I believe there were LGBT meetings every evening.  I'm sailing on the Eurodam next weekend, Nov 2 and will check.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, RMS Olympic said:

As I will be on the Nieuw Statendam in November, I was wondering if HAL schedules gatherings like Princess. On Princess I attend both LGBT as well as veteran unhosted gatherings and meet so many nice folks. I don’t remember any event scheduled on the Rotterdam out of Tampa, but the newer ships sailing from FLL might be different.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

All of the cruises we have been on with HAL there has always been an LGBT meeting.  It will usually be in the daily program.  They aren’t always hosted and at times can be challenging to find the crowd.  We will plan on attending, at least the first one, when on board the NS.  Hopefully we will see you there.

Hi Crazy for Cats! I will look forward to meeting you onboard.  Trying to figure out who are actual family participants can be tough... as I experienced on NCL which caused some friction when some were angered when it was assumed they were Family. On the flip side while sitting at the bar a group of guys looked at me and yelled what are you looking at? Verbally accused me of being a homophobe. The look on their face when I walked over bent down an said, honey I was queer before your daddy even thought of having children. The bartenders bought me my drinks and thanked me for not making a scene. On HAL I would expect more acceptance. So I will be reserved, and just look forward to meeting people. See ya.

• Thanks 1