Ovation Of The Seas May 7th 2020

Craigelsx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 2:00 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

We just came off of the Ovation.  Great ship.  Let me know if you have any questions.  You're going to have a blast.

I would love to hear of your experiences. Both general observations and as a gay traveler.  Am thinking of this for next year with my partner. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Ovation of the seas is a beautiful ship. Plenty of bars and places to eat (both complimentary and specialty), lots of activities, great entertainment (shows with acrobatics, etc) and the captain is quite handsome also.

The only downside I can think of is having to get to shows really early to get good seats and having to get a tender to most ports (she is huge after all) however I have to say the tendering ran quite smoothly on my recent cruise to New Zealand. Also the gay meet ups in the evening were a bust but this might be because they were at 7pm when a lot of people would have either been at dinner or a show. However I did meet heaps of lovely straight people.

This was my 2nd time on Ovation and my 1st time solo and the staff were very nice to me especially in the Chic dinning room (I was on the 8pm seating) where the food was surprising good.

I hope this helps.

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, PRS3191 said:

I would love to hear of your experiences. Both general observations and as a gay traveler.  Am thinking of this for next year with my partner. Thank you!

Our experience was a very positive one.  There are always a few hiccups on any cruise you go on but we really didn't find anything to complain about or worry over.  Our room was attended to with perfection and the smiling and friendly room attendants were fantastic.  

We had done a lot of specialty dining and liked them all except Izumi's.  The layout was not planned well in that people used it as a thoroughfare to cut through other areas of the ship.  The shows were fun but as someone stated, you need to get there very early for a good seat.  Silent disco was fun in 360 and while Pixels tried to be great, it fell flat for me.  

The "meetings" for us were at 7pm nightly and not very well attended.  We had more luck just walking the ship and finding our fellow passengers more exciting.  Met some great couples from AU and from AZ and are still in contact with them.  

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to give you my 2 cents but overall it was a truly wonderful time.

• Like 1