Cruise Critic Community
LibrarianBecky

Price drop--check your prices!

I just received another $200+ price drop on my Alaskan cruise for next June.  Have had about $800 in price drops all together---check your prices!  It might be worth your while!

The new sale that started today is 30% off each guest as opposed to 50% off the second one so some folks, especially if you have just booked might be able to save a few dollars.

Sadly all our bookings are way higher now than when we booked them.

15 minutes ago, kcbookworm said:

Can you only call and request an adjustment until final payment?

Yes....but you “may” be able to pay for an upgrade after final payment date 

54 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Yes....but you “may” be able to pay for an upgrade after final payment date 

I was just able to upgrade from interior to balcony guarantee after final payment date.  Only $100!

My Alaskan cruise becomes $306 cheaper, which is good, but I don't see the $300 OBC.  So do I bother jumping through hoops or not?  We are probably going to have over a $300 alcohol bill.

My June Alaska Cruise is $700 more for my balcony, and that is without the free grats, specialty dining perk, and would also loose $200 in OBC. 

I think I got a great deal when I booked

9 minutes ago, zepp914 said:

My Alaskan cruise becomes $306 cheaper, which is good, but I don't see the $300 OBC.  So do I bother jumping through hoops or not?  We are probably going to have over a $300 alcohol bill.

I wouldn't bother with it

3 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

I just received another $200+ price drop on my Alaskan cruise for next June.  Have had about $800 in price drops all together---check your prices!  It might be worth your while!

Thanks for the heads up. Just got a $200 price drop on my 11/14/20 Independence which was already cheap to start.

I think one of the best deals right now is on the Majesty from New Orleans.  The small OV cabins are less than $300

per person for a seven night cruise with Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau.  A great deal for anyone needing a few points

to get to the next level.  One on line outfit is giving $75 OBC on top of the deal.  As a plus the sailing is over Valentines day

and during Mardi Gras so parades in New Orleans.

Just saying.

Thanks for the reminder.  I thought I had hit about as low as our fare would go for our cruise in March but it was down again today.

Between our two cabins, we're down over $1400 versus when we originally booked.  We've repriced a number of times already.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Thanks!  My Alaska sailing dropped $500.  This is on top of a price drop that I had last week with the BOGO50% sale.  Woo..keep on dropping!

Thanks for the headsup, my B2B saves about $316, plus I netted about $540 savings a few weeks ago

Edited by AlanF65

I just called and they told me no.  The lady did not know what she was talking about.

I will call again and get someone else!

Missy

4 minutes ago, dsvd79 said:

No price drop for me too, including my 2021 cruise.

Oh well

My May 2020 cruise is actually more expensive than when I booked a month ago.

My 2020 Canadian cruise on Empress is still $200 more expensive than when I booked it a couple weeks ago. Thanks, though. I'll keep an eye out in hopes of a drop sometime between now and next year!

I can see the price drop online, but I have called 2 different people at RC and they cannot see the same price.

The lady I talked to said it happened all the time.

I asked if I could send her the price I see (which you used to be able to do on Carnival) and she said no.  I guess I will wait a few hours or until tomorrow and see if it catches up with their computers.

Bummed -- it was only $75 but still!

9 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

I just received another $200+ price drop on my Alaskan cruise for next June.  Have had about $800 in price drops all together---check your prices!  It might be worth your while!

Thanks so much for your post.  I got a $642 drop Sept. 27 and an additional $407 today on  Brilliance June 2020.