Price drop--check your prices!

I just saved another $400.00+ on my 3 JS's booked for our family group of 10...Harmony May 2020.

To date from original (Jan 2019) booking price I've saved $2800.00...the KSF has been a big part of that savings.

One of my cruises is $1000 MORE with this "sale" than I booked it for.  My other one is $300 MORE than I booked it for.

No savings for me.

But my in-laws cabin is $120 less than they paid for it, so I am sure they will want to say "thanks"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rhuntington3 said:

Appears my cabin selection for Harmony March 2020 is now some $580 cheaper.  Is it true that you lose included OBC on a reprice?

You lose whatever perks that were included with the original price that are not also included with the new price.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You lose whatever perks that were included with the original price that are not also included with the new price.

I figured.  Lose out $100 OBC and save $584.  I think I'm okay with that. 

Edited by rhuntington3

Just now, rhuntington3 said:

I figured.  Lose out $100 OBC and save $584.  I think I'm okay with that.  But now their site seems to be having issues.  I now have zero upcoming cruises instead of five.  Sigh.

You can call them now, just choose the option to book a new cruise.  They will help.

Mine just went up $230. But well worth it. I am sailing on Empress and had an inside cabin booked for my family of 4. We just got room 8164 so we'll worth the price.

Also, this sale is $28 more expensive than my original booking. 

So I was looking around on another site and saw KSF on my cruise.  I went back to Royal's website, did the pretend booking, and saw my cruise was $391 cheaper today (no KSF though).   I lost $300 OBC, but a net gain of $91 seemed worth it to me.   Anyway, my dinner was set to 5:30pm when I KNOW I asked for My Time.  Even without the $91 it was worth the call to fix that.  

So my parents-in-law are joining me on this cruise.  They decided to go through AlaskaCruises.com.   I am not sure if they can change their price or not.  I also need to find out how to sync us up for dinner.  

On 10/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, kcbookworm said:

Can you only call and request an adjustment until final payment?

I've paid our March 2020 cruise in full, and was given a refund of $230 which will go back on my credit card, when I called and asked about the new cruise price.

• Like 1

Since we booked our Balcony Cabin  (Alaska cruise for July 2020) in March  2019 we have had the price lowered 5 times for a total of $1930..........also this last price change we got an extra $100 OBC included.

• Like 2

Thank you!

1/  My cruise dropped $75 but my TA doesn't work on the weekends.  Do I just hope the price remains and call on Monday?

2/  How many times can I get an adjustment before final payment?

3/  Since TA's get commission, how do they feel about doing multiple adjustments?  She might not respond to my calls or emails after the first one ...lol

Any price drop would be great since I'm paying in US dollars!

4 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thank you!

1/  My cruise dropped $75 but my TA doesn't work on the weekends.  Do I just hope the price remains and call on Monday?

3/  Since TA's get commission, how do they feel about doing multiple adjustments?  She might not respond to my calls or emails after the first one ...lol

You must request price drops using your travel agent.  Speak to them about how to handle the weekends.

Royal has no limit on price drops.

Again, speak to your travel agent about how they feel.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You must request price drops using your travel agent.  Speak to them about how to handle the weekends.

Royal has no limit on price drops.

Again, speak to your travel agent about how they feel.

Thanks.  Yes, I realize I have to go through my TA and not RC.  This is the first time I've requested a price adjustment.

Edited by red-dragon

5 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thanks.  Yes, I realize I have to go through my TA and not RC.  This is the first time I've requested a price adjustment.

You might find that someone at the same travel agency has weekend hours.

43 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thank you!

I called 3 times in the past week and a half.  First time, they offered kids sale free so that saved us (our younger one is under 12).  Then last week they switched to this 30% off and it saved us more.  Then two days later, they added a 'flash sale' ontop of that that saved us a few dollars too.  I have no issue calling each time (we book with Royal directly).  However, if you are concerned that your TA might get annoyed and not respond, then sounds like you need a new TA.

Current deal says it ends tomorrow night.  Don't know, but I've noticed from Royal that they rarely have a new sale on Monday...but don't quote me on that.

Knowing that prices go up and down in sometimes a VERY short period of time I check the price on our upcoming 2 RC cruises whenever I go on my computer. The first cruise coming up is sold out in our category so I cannot really compare however the 11 Night Southern Caribbean on Anthem ots in 2021 still has plenty of vacancies. 

As of today with all the discounts offered by RC their online price for the exact same veranda cabin ( ours is port side the one on their website is starboard)  is $1,000.00 more than what my agent booked us for on a group booking. We also have a reasonable OBC, specialty dinner for two on one evening, a 30 day delayed deposit date and a REFUNDABLE deposit.