Discovery 2 Med Cruise 14th to 28th September

I wouldn't worry about the noise.I heard Manuel Calamari is adopting the Inkspots as his signature music,that's pretty mellow.But ladies don't get too close to the stage,his hands are everywhere.Don't want him getting battered by your oh.s.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

UPDATE. Moved to E2 for next year they would not wave £100 transfer fee but have given us the premium AI and parking worth £347 🙄

We are quite happy with the outcome just hopefully of a favourable outcome of our claim🤞

Good result Pensioncruiser.  Hope you are as successful with your claim. 

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you have had a reasonable outcome pensioncruiser! We must have got on as you got off. 28th sept we sailed. We also had a junior suite but didn’t have any issues with it. We did have issues however with the dining room. There was a 50 minute wait each night. On the second night we weren’t seated until 9.50 after waiting since 8 pm the staff were miserable and the food just not good at all don’t know what happened in between as sounds like you did not have these problems. There were a lot of complaints  with a good few people saying they were going to cancel future bookings on D2. It was in complete contrast to our sailing in May on E2. Even surf and turf wasn’t v good. Will wait to see Marella response to the formal complaint 😩

Discovery I is in Valletta dry dock obviously having some work done before she sails to the Far East Seems strange that Discovery 2 is still sailing and not in port having her problems fixed

Explorer has been in Brest since 11th October again having work done before her winter season

Dream is having a refit for 3 months from January to ready her for next years summer season

Why not Discovery 2?

49 minutes ago, Jayneykul said:

It is going into dry dock in the next few weeks. The staffing issues badly needs sorting!

I believe it's around 7th nov for a month in Spain and the main refurb will be Islands buffet. I presume some staff will be redeployed and some will go on holiday.

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

I believe it's around 7th nov for a month in Spain and the main refurb will be Islands buffet. I presume some staff will be redeployed and some will go on holiday.

Just to add Venue will also be made into a Squid & Anchor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, Vitalsign said:

Great news well done and good luck for your claim

Just an update, claim settled they actually called me full refund of cabin upgrade on the JS plus a bit paid, directly into bank. Very pleased with the excellent service from Tui. 😁 Roll on June. 

• Like 1

Glad you can report excellent service from Marella and you got satisfaction - well done 

enjoy your cruise in June but why did I think you were off before then

once you're into 2020 time will fly - unfortunately it does when you get to our age ☹️😪

Edited by Vitalsign

On 11/28/2019 at 2:25 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

Just an update, claim settled they actually called me full refund of cabin upgrade on the JS plus a bit paid, directly into bank. Very pleased with the excellent service from Tui. 😁 Roll on June. 

Hi PC.

Happy to see you have had a good outcome, really pleased for you.

Keep well.

8 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Glad you can report excellent service from Marella and you got satisfaction - well done 

enjoy your cruise in June but why did I think you were off before then

once you're into 2020 time will fly - unfortunately it does when you get to our age ☹️😪

It maybe because next year will be the first time in 18 years we haven't been on a cruise in Feb, yes its that age thing again.