“Luggage Forward” Service

cruisinsoooon

We recently received a letter from Princess about using “Luggage Forward” to have our cruise luggage shipped from our home to our cruise ship, where it will be delivered directly to our cabin. Has anyone used this service, or heard anything about it?  Sure sounds tempting.

1 hour ago, cruisinsoooon said:

We recently received a letter from Princess about using “Luggage Forward” to have our cruise luggage shipped from our home to our cruise ship, where it will be delivered directly to our cabin. Has anyone used this service, or heard anything about it?  Sure sounds tempting.

It has been around for many years aka Luggage Valet.

An average cost is approx $200 to $300 per piece depending on weight/destination etc.

7 hours ago, cruisinsoooon said:

Oceania used them to ship the luggage for my 2019 World Cruise and it was great!!!

They picked the luggage up on the day and time scheduled, had them on the ship when I arrived, took them from me after the cruise as I was leaving customs, then they arrived at my house 3 days later! 

It was included in my cruisefare, but cost $125 per bag each way...so $500 total for 2 large suitcases. Recently they sent me a 20% off coupon but I don't need it for my next cruise.

• Like 1

Trying to find a porter at airports and cruise terminals is a hassle that drives DW absolutely crazy.  Being able to get on a plane, then a ship, get off the ship, board a return flight without dragging bags or scrambling for porters sounds nice.  It wouldn't hurt to get a price estimate and if the cost of the service is worth eliminating that aggravation, I say go for it!  It just makes your vacation go a little more stress free at the start and finish.

• Like 1

We used it when flying over for a TA two years ago.  It was expensive but was a lot easier than hauling around the bags for the two weeks we were spending in Ireland and Scotland before the cruise.  Not sure what the extra baggage fees would have been on the flights we had from Dublin to Glasgow to Southampton.

Tom