Good customer service from phone supervisor

I upgraded my 11/19 interior cabin on the Explorer to a balcony guarantee yesterday at a total price of $999 for two of us. I looked today and the price had gone down to $911. I know they don't do price adjustments after final payment date, but I was hoping they would at least offer me something since it was just a matter of hours. The customer service rep basically said I had the best price available (no I didn't) and that all she could do was "upgrade" me to an oceanview cabin (no balcony) for the lower price. Um, nope. After going back and forth with her for a bit (pleasantly, I don't ever yell at customer service reps), I asked to speak with a supervisor. I had to wait on hold for nearly 45 minutes, but it was worth it - the supervisor said since it was within 24 hours of when I upgraded, she would refund the $88 difference to my credit card. I was thrilled - I had really only been hoping to get a gift or two thrown in to make up for my disappointment.

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you don't get the answer you want, ask for a supervisor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa6191 said:

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you don't get the answer you want, ask for a supervisor!

Not really, the original CSR you got just didn't know that what you got from the supervisor is the rule.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not really, the original CSR you got just didn't know that what you got from the supervisor is the rule.

Yeah, the original CSR was pretty clueless, and kept using the script "I'm sorry you're disappointed", "you are getting the best price", etc. etc. I am finding that the CSR's for whom English is clearly not a first language are more difficult to deal with. It probably makes sense to just call back when I get one of those, but the hold times today are ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Also, is that actually the rule? That they will honor a price difference within 24 hours? If so that is good to know.

50 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Also, is that actually the rule? That they will honor a price difference within 24 hours? 

Yes, though it’s supposed to be 48 hours, on an officially published rate. 

Edited by Biker19