Has anyone used the sedan service booked thru NCL?

Suite Heart

For my cruise in January, I was thinking of taking a sedan/limo service from my hotel in Orlando to Port Canaveral. I see that NCL has "Door-to-door Sedan Services" provided by Groundlink. (Yes, it is pricey, but it is less through NCL's website than through Groundlink's own website.) They guarantee "on time every time"  pick-up. Will they drop me off at NCL's part of the port?

I'm coming in a few days before the cruise, and the NCL hotel block was all booked, so I booked my own. However, NCL will not be picking me up at the airport. They don't do "transfers" without them booking the hotel. (The hotel will pick me up at the airport at no vharge.)

4 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

For my cruise in January, I was thinking of taking a sedan/limo service from my hotel in Orlando to Port Canaveral. I see that NCL has "Door-to-door Sedan Services" provided by Groundlink. (Yes, it is pricey, but it is less through NCL's website than through Groundlink's own website.) They guarantee "on time every time"  pick-up. Will they drop me off at NCL's part of the port?

I'm coming in a few days before the cruise, and the NCL hotel block was all booked, so I booked my own. However, NCL will not be picking me up at the airport. They don't do "transfers" without them booking the hotel. (The hotel will pick me up at the airport at no vharge.)

We used Groundlink in Los Angeles last year to take us from our airport-area hotel to the cruise port. Driver came on time with text notifications of pending arrival, let us make a stop enroute, was very professional and safe. I wouldn't have any issues with using them again.

I used GroundLink for the first time years ago as recommended by NCL and have been using them ever since for black car services in LA, SF and Seattle.  As stated above, drivers are always professional, cars are super clean. Great communication (notifications via text or the app). Pick up is 100% always on time (usually 10 minutes early, but they wait for the appropriate time). They will drop you exactly where you want, yes, at NCL's terminal no doubt. Cancellations or re-schedules are no-hassle, no fee, no BS.

Could you do black car service for cheaper? Sure, probably. But not by much. The level of service GroundLink provides is worth the extra couple bucks for us.

We have used it 3 times. Twice in New York and once in Miami, roundtrip.  Was always on time, texted us to let us know ETA. Both from hotels to cruise ports, and from cruise ports to airports. Very courteous, safe drivers! Really liked the service even though it cost a little more than other services. 

We've used GroundLink a number of times, at various ports, and have always been very satisfied.  Service is consistent, drivers are professional and communicate clearly.  For a few extra $'s, we find it worth it to know we have a private car waiting for us!

For those of you that have used GroundLink before, the price quoted on their site is per trip not per person right? If so, it'd be cheaper than the NCL transfer for us and definitely worth looking into. We aren't cruising until April 2020 so won't have our flight information for quite a while - does anyone know if GroundLink prices tend to increase as the sailing date approaches?

On 10/3/2019 at 5:27 AM, kkoenig89 said:

For those of you that have used GroundLink before, the price quoted on their site is per trip not per person right? If so, it'd be cheaper than the NCL transfer for us and definitely worth looking into. We aren't cruising until April 2020 so won't have our flight information for quite a while - does anyone know if GroundLink prices tend to increase as the sailing date approaches?

Yes, per trip not per person. Prices are variable on the vehicle choice depending on how many are going and how much luggage there is.